Two things I liked from the AVP Reuqiem

Started by nukem11, Jan 22, 2018, 12:32:48 PM

Author
Two things I liked from the AVP Reuqiem (Read 11,926 times)

SM

SM

Aliens stands out above other generic 80s action flicks, partly because of the relationship between Ripley and Newt.

AvP:R barely goes for 100 minutes in the extended cut.  Some development of Molly and Kelly is not going to take 20 minutes.  Barely five minutes would've been an improvement.

whiterabbit

Just five minutes would have doubled the movies greatness? Actually it probably might have. :)

SiL

Five minutes of characterization, sure.

SM

SM

I didn't say it'd double it.

But we are starting from a very low base.  ;D

whiterabbit

Alright I'll play, what's the next thing that AVPr could have done to double it's character once again?

Although I think we're still digging for the base at the moment.  :laugh:

SiL

Two times zero is still zero ;D

The Cruentus

Given the nature of the script, I doubt a bit of character development would have helped. Speaking about the "abandon scene", the father does say run but one would think that a military trained woman would have at least tried something before realizing saving him is futile, of course her first thought in that scene was probably protecting her daughter, which in most cases is a strong instinct.

The only good thing I can say in AVPR was Wolf's design and the whip weapon.

When the facehuggers goes into the sewer, there was a missed opportunity as there was a dog in there. They could have added a Runner into the mix....though with the way Xenos were treated in this film, it would have been screwed up.

whiterabbit

Oh man the Predalien bitch slapping the alien in the sewer really did neuter the creature. Although later in the film when the Predalien orders an alien to attack with a mere finger point like some goon from a mobster movie, now that was hilarious. Although considering how many dogs would be found in any American city, there should have been Runners everywhere.

SM

SM

QuoteSpeaking about the "abandon scene", the father does say run but one would think that a military trained woman would have at least tried something before realizing saving him is futile, of course her first thought in that scene was probably protecting her daughter, which in most cases is a strong instinct.

The kid is not going to see it that way though.  At least not right away.  They had the pieces in place for a more interesting relationship - then never followed through.

SiL

In the reinstated graveyard scene Molly does ask Kelly why she abandoned him.

And then crazy guy showed up and that was that.

SM

SM

But no follow through.

I wonder why they cut that scene?  Seemed perfectly appropriate for this sort of film.  You see the Predator doing it's Pred-vision thing, killing an armed opponent and not an unarmed one.  Maybe because Molly raises a very good question that's never answered...

whiterabbit

Well I sure can't wait for the sequel to answer that question. Come on AVP3 don't let us down.

OpenMaw

I liked the music, of course I heard it all before int he other scores, and I liked Wolf's design.

The rest is butt poop.

Corporal Hicks

I actually really liked Tyler's score. It worked pretty well. It was a nice combination of the other scores and the newer bombastic stuff was fantastic.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2018, 07:58:01 AM
I actually really liked Tyler's score. It worked pretty well. It was a nice combination of the other scores and the newer bombastic stuff was fantastic.

Unfortunately, it was just a rip off of X-ray Dog and such. It was basically non-vocal New Gothic Power.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed