Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,159 times)

Xiggz456

Got my physical copy yesterday! I wonder how many more expansions they're going to release.

Corporal Hicks

One for each career type at least, I believe.

Kailem

One expansion I was thinking about recently that I'd like to see at some point is a source book for all the different Alien variations we've seen throughout the comics, games, figures etc. There are so many out there beyond the ones we've seen in the movies - which mostly all have stats now between the current releases - that it'd be great to get some (and a bit more lore and artwork) for things like the Bull Alien or the King or the Queen Face Hugger.

The only downside could be that they might not be able to include the Predalien or things like the Carrier or Ravager and others that appeared in an AVP context. So that wouldn't be too great. But regardless, if it was as comprehensive as possible it would still be a really cool expansion to have, both from a gaming and a lore standpoint.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 06, 2021, 12:40:36 PM
One expansion I was thinking about recently that I'd like to see at some point is a source book for all the different Alien variations we've seen throughout the comics, games, figures etc. There are so many out there beyond the ones we've seen in the movies - which mostly all have stats now between the current releases - that it'd be great to get some (and a bit more lore and artwork) for things like the Bull Alien or the King or the Queen Face Hugger.

The only downside could be that they might not be able to include the Predalien or things like the Carrier or Ravager and others that appeared in an AVP context. So that wouldn't be too great. But regardless, if it was as comprehensive as possible it would still be a really cool expansion to have, both from a gaming and a lore standpoint.

This right here somebody show this to gaska though it already probably a given he loves the Kenner toys

BlueMarsalis79

Glad to see the stuff in this making its way into other Alien media.

Kailem

Yeah I love how much stuff from the RPG has shown up in Fireteam Elite (too much, in some cases!), and even a couple of nods to Fireteam in the Colonial Marines Operations Manual. It really helps give a sense of a cohesive, interconnected Alien universe with its own lore and events outside of just the movies, and that's super cool.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 06, 2021, 12:40:36 PM
One expansion I was thinking about recently that I'd like to see at some point...
I keep trying to get Gaska to write an Alien RPG: Feline Survival Guide, a supplement for running cats as NPCs and player characters.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 13, 2021, 03:23:34 PM
Yeah I love how much stuff from the RPG has shown up in Fireteam Elite (too much, in some cases!), and even a couple of nods to Fireteam in the Colonial Marines Operations Manual. It really helps give a sense of a cohesive, interconnected Alien universe with its own lore and events outside of just the movies, and that's super cool.

Ya I was surprised that they mentioned General Vaughn and her role in the frontier war considering how recently the Operations Manual came out. But I'm with you on this giving us that interconnected universe feel.

Corporal Hicks

The RPG took home a few awards at the Ennies.

BEST PRODUCTION VALUES
ALIEN RPG Destroyer of Worlds - GOLD

BEST CARTOGRAPHY:
ALIEN RPG Destroyer of Worlds - SILVER

BEST ADVENTURE:
ALIEN RPG Destroyer of Worlds - SILVER

Free League over all took 8, including Fan Fav Publisher.

https://mailchi.mp/6d3741ad677e/free-league-wins-eight-ennie-awards-including-fan-favorite-publisher?e=8becb4d032

Garethmb

Garethmb

The RPG is getting a new expansion.

Details and image below.

https://sknr.net/2022/01/25/alien-heart-of-darkness-announced/

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

"We are thrilled to reveal Heart of Darkness, the upcoming new cinematic scenario for our multiple award-winning ALIEN roleplaying game.

ALIEN: Heart of Darkness is a stand-alone adventure, but also serves as a conclusion to the Draconis Strain Saga begun in the cinematic scenario Chariot of the Gods and continued in Destroyer of Worlds, all written by Andrew E.C Gaska. The expansion is designed for 3–5 players plus the Game Mother and is a spiraling descent into soul-crushing madness...

Heart of Darkness will come in a boxed set including a range of maps, cards, handouts, and pre-generated characters. (Please note - the ALIEN RPG Core Rulebook or Starter Set is required to play.)

Heart of Darkness will be offered in a pre-order and PDF pre-release on the official ALIEN RPG website later this winter, for a full physical retail release in the summer."

Kradan

Is this ... a black hole ?

EDIT: Oh shit, it's Deacon's head !

Nightmare Asylum

Excellent. Really loved both Chariot of the Gods and Destroyer of Worlds, so I look forward to this one!

Kailem

It's the Deac.....on!

That's pretty cool, I was under the impression that they weren't able to use him because he was "Ridley stuff." Maybe things have changed under Disney and they're finally allowing them to touch things that were previously untouchable. And if that's the case I wonder if we might one day see a scenario that features the Engineers after all?

Either way, looking forward to this! Both the previous cinematic scenarios were great, so I've got high hopes for this one too.

Corporal Hicks

We haven't had the chance to play through the scenario from the CMCB yet, but have thoroughly enjoyed the last 2 cinematic releases, so really looking forward to this one too!

The artwork in the game continues to look fantastic as well!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed