Author
Plot [Rumor] (Read 37,909 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Marines?...  :(

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Darkoo on Jun 30, 2011, 07:22:16 PM

QuoteArchaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space jockeys) These "Alien Gods" also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien God's home-world, to Paradise. Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his crew, into deep space to make first contact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrW4jkQdmjI#

Where did this cartoon come from?
EDIT: Ah I see now. Its friggin identical. That synopsis, cant be real. Unless they bought the rights. This actually work in the game and I especially liked the music. If the story takes place within that frame, I suppose and they dont waste time on Earthbut I still dont like that synopsis.

Pn2501

Pn2501

homeworld

ikarop

ikarop

Fox got in touch with IO9 and stated the following:

QuoteA Fox rep told us the above synopsis is not real at all, and described it as "way off." And they provided us with the following official synopsis:

Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery.

Pn2501

haha that tells us nothing awesome.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: ikarop on Jul 01, 2011, 02:21:10 AM

QuoteA Fox rep told us the above synopsis is not real at all, and described it as "way off." And they provided us with the following official synopsis:

Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery.

All together now:

SSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

aaand relax.

That's much better.

Sharp Sticks

Somewhat comforting.

CainsSon

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jul 01, 2011, 02:49:54 AM
Somewhat comforting.

I like the part about testing physical and mental limits, and the idea of them being marooned.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I still don't understand what was so bad about the plot? Sound similar to the Alien prequel that we where going to get?

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

So basically it takes place in space. CONFIRMED!

Tribal

Tribal

"way off"? IMO is pretty much the same thing  ;D

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Doesn't sound like the same thing to me - sounds more like someone just patched a generic sci-fi plot together based on what Scott handed us starving fans billions of months ago; the probably fake leaky draft sounds kind of cheezy to me... For once I'm trusting the absolutely wounderful people at FOX on this time (I know, Ikonw - wishful thinking)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Quote from: Tribal on Jul 01, 2011, 04:41:59 AM

"way off"? IMO is pretty much the same thing  ;D

If that sypnosis were true then FOX would have had it taken down by now.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

IMO, the fake synopsis sounded much more interesting then this. Although this does also sound like it could be just the same story as the fake with all of the details just cut out of it.

Highland

Highland

So it's Sunshine mixed with Mission to Mars ....with a Space Jockey.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed