Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role

Started by Anthony, Mar 17, 2017, 02:50:38 PM

Author
Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role (Read 38,890 times)

Infected

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 29, 2017, 07:22:18 PM
Quote from: Infected on Mar 29, 2017, 05:58:10 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 29, 2017, 04:20:49 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 29, 2017, 02:49:57 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 29, 2017, 12:23:03 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 27, 2017, 08:31:41 PMLV-223....is capable of sustaining life.

It isn't capable of sustaining life.

I'm quoting Holloway in Prometheus there. He says LV223 is a moon "capable of sustaining life."

It would be if one can get the CO2 levels down. Two minutes without a suit, you're dead.

Prime candidate for terraforming though.
Like breethin truw an exhaust poipe

This conversation just remind me of Kate Dickie's horrible delivery.
LoL gotta love her accent

acidreign

Kinda nuts how many of us have started believing that we already know what's going to happen in the next movie (if it even come to pass). I think a little perspective is in order before we start panicking and assuming the worst.

CainsSon

Quote from: chris_bert on Mar 29, 2017, 08:02:36 PM
Quote from: Hemi on Mar 29, 2017, 07:41:14 PM
Pure speculation but:

1] David takes control of the covenant
2] Makes eggs of the colonists somehow
3] Heads back to 223 to find a fresh bomber
4] Takes off and our heroes take em down somehow. (maybe with whats left of the covenant)
5] Crash on 426
6] Chestburst of David
7] start of Alien

While the size of the jockey is weird, I think it's one of those things Ridley will ignore or David will somehow inject hiself with the black goo and starts to mutate into something larger. Which would indicate organic material present in Davids body somehow. Maybe his experiments went even further and he used parts of Shaw to enhance himself or to make it so he CAN absorb the black goo.

Or not...  I love science fiction! :P

Well, if that's the direction Ridley Scott wants to take it, I guess since he was the original director in the Alien/Nostromo film that started it all, then he can move it in this direction. Me personally...I think it's a let down and kind of a crappy way to handle the entire mystery of the Spacejockey, Engineers, etc., but that's just my opinion. I'm just having a really difficult time getting around...

Spoiler
the idea that a damaged synthetic like David--even if Shaw reattaches his head to his body during the flight to find the Engineers' home world has the intelligence or ability to create lifeforms that the Engineers/Spacejockies on LV-223 (in the Prometheus film) could not. I know he has a higher IQ and is more intelligent being he's an android/synthetic, but it's just too huge a gap or jump for me to make the connection, so I'll be passing on the rest of the films if this is the route Ridley's going to take with the story, but that's just me.
[close]

Nervously anticipating the first release of the film to find out what people have to say.

This would be especially bad because, if it IS where THIS film is headed, it renders 2 sequels redundant, because it could have just happened at the end of PROMETHEUS.
It also doesn't make sense that the Nostromo wouldn't know or have any indication that there was a failed attempt at Colonization on this moon, next to the other moon which they land on. It seems like news of something like that would make it's way around the galaxy.

eric sanders

with the whole franchise of the alien movie series fox/syfy should do a limited scripted tv series based on the aliens franchise like call ALIEN the ellen ripley chronicles plus for the second season of ALIEN the weyland chronicles and the premiere two part tv series whoever actress will play ellen ripley and elizabeth shaw in the tv series like felicity jones and daisy ridley the stars of star wars then and ALIENS animated series is based on the franchise in 2018-2019 if fox / syfy will do a tv series of the aliens chronicles series let find out to ridley scott and scott free ALIENS forever

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 29, 2017, 05:23:47 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 29, 2017, 04:20:49 PMIt would be if one can get the CO2 levels down. Two minutes without a suit, you're dead.

Except the concentration of CO2 given in the film wouldn't actually be fatal :laugh:

Wot? Don't tell me Prometheus got it's science wrong yet again?  :laugh:

Sway

i think the story is chaos, and that chaos is beautiful. perhaps the message is chaos. engineers develop black goo, man develops android, android is able too see potential in the goo the engineers did not. basically, everyone involved is "god", and thus no solid "creator" is ever discovered as everything comes from something else and so on. in essence the "story", the mystery that is the story, can go on forever. blegh...i should probably stay off the internet when I'm drunk. mystery is ok. knowledge is awesome...just sometimes not knowing is cool, too. leaving room for mystery is awesome. i like to think of the Alien franchise (well, a large portion of it) as being Star Wars for thinking people. Star Wars is rock n roll, and rock n roll is cool because it's for everyone. But Alien is total jazz, and jazz isn't music for morons.

Hemi

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 29, 2017, 09:19:10 PM
Quote from: chris_bert on Mar 29, 2017, 08:02:36 PM
Quote from: Hemi on Mar 29, 2017, 07:41:14 PM
Pure speculation but:

1] David takes control of the covenant
2] Makes eggs of the colonists somehow
3] Heads back to 223 to find a fresh bomber
4] Takes off and our heroes take em down somehow. (maybe with whats left of the covenant)
5] Crash on 426
6] Chestburst of David
7] start of Alien

While the size of the jockey is weird, I think it's one of those things Ridley will ignore or David will somehow inject hiself with the black goo and starts to mutate into something larger. Which would indicate organic material present in Davids body somehow. Maybe his experiments went even further and he used parts of Shaw to enhance himself or to make it so he CAN absorb the black goo.

Or not...  I love science fiction! :P

Well, if that's the direction Ridley Scott wants to take it, I guess since he was the original director in the Alien/Nostromo film that started it all, then he can move it in this direction. Me personally...I think it's a let down and kind of a crappy way to handle the entire mystery of the Spacejockey, Engineers, etc., but that's just my opinion. I'm just having a really difficult time getting around...

Spoiler
the idea that a damaged synthetic like David--even if Shaw reattaches his head to his body during the flight to find the Engineers' home world has the intelligence or ability to create lifeforms that the Engineers/Spacejockies on LV-223 (in the Prometheus film) could not. I know he has a higher IQ and is more intelligent being he's an android/synthetic, but it's just too huge a gap or jump for me to make the connection, so I'll be passing on the rest of the films if this is the route Ridley's going to take with the story, but that's just me.
[close]

Nervously anticipating the first release of the film to find out what people have to say.

This would be especially bad because, if it IS where THIS film is headed, it renders 2 sequels redundant, because it could have just happened at the end of PROMETHEUS.
It also doesn't make sense that the Nostromo wouldn't know or have any indication that there was a failed attempt at Colonization on this moon, next to the other moon which they land on. It seems like news of something like that would make it's way around the galaxy.

Not saying that they should do this btw, just to be clear. It's heading in that direction I think. Who knows, RS might surprise us all. :-)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

A little late to the game but we're starting to do some YouTube videos covering the news. We're gonna be a little slow to start with and I'm still feeling awkward about them but here's our first one.

Thanks to SiL for getting involved with this.

Alien Runner

I think I know where this is going. Ridley Scott is linking the Alien universe with Blade Runner and Alien is basically a robo-apocalypse movie. David is the robot who creates the mechanical alien to wipe out humanity. We saw that in Alien resurrection when Ripley returned to Earth and it was a nuclear shithole. David's will was fulfilled. Robots win in the end.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 31, 2017, 08:32:24 AMA little late to the game but we're starting to do some YouTube videos covering the news...

Looks HAWT. Great job.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 29, 2017, 09:46:31 PMWot? Don't tell me Prometheus got it's science wrong yet again?  :laugh:

From memory, they give the CO2 concentration as 3%. It wouldn't be lethal until is gets to around 7%.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 31, 2017, 08:32:24 AMA little late to the game but we're starting to do some YouTube videos covering the news. We're gonna be a little slow to start with and I'm still feeling awkward about them but here's our first one.

I'll make sure to give that a look when I get a minute!

Infected

So its possible at the ending of this all we get Noomi Rapace, Waterston, and Weaver as the survivors and then one big final movie from Ridley and maybe Blomkamp. ;)

SpeedyMaxx

Pretty sure Noomi Rapace is off the board, and I suspect Katherine Waterston's character will ultimately meet a similar fate.

MajorB

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 01:14:07 PM
Pretty sure Noomi Rapace is off the board, and I suspect Katherine Waterston's character will ultimately meet a similar fate.

It would be funny if every one of these prequels had an entirely different, new protagonist with the previous one killed off offscreen.

Ingwar

Quote from: MajorB on Apr 03, 2017, 03:40:27 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 01:14:07 PM

It would be funny if every one of these prequels had an entirely different, new protagonist with the previous one killed off offscreen.

That would have been ridiculous :) Fox want to establish new characters and for that reason
Spoiler
Daniels and Tennessee will survive.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed