Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role

Started by Anthony, Mar 17, 2017, 02:50:38 PM

Author
Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role (Read 38,928 times)

Marcus9000

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2017, 10:41:37 AM
He means that the colonists are eggmorphed to become to the contents of the Derelict's hold.

Oh no. That would be dreadful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpeedyMaxx

I don't know if they'd all get eggmorphed, but yes, my suspicion/fear is that the survivors of Covenant would head to LV-426 and suffer an unfortunate fate - leading to David's new creations being placed on the derelict juggernaut.

Rather demystifies Alien altogether, as opposed to Prometheus and its story which, while imperfect, at least preserved the larger vague mystery of the epic cataclysm that destroyed the Engineers and led to their dead being strewn across the galaxy on various planets like 223 or 426. We don't have to know everything to know that terrible things happened with their experiments thousands of years ago and something they created destroyed them, leaving their vicious weapons behind - which is what we essentially had been told for decades about the derelict from Alien. As opposed to, let's say, a renegade android planting the eggs there 20 years prior after cooking up some aliens and a fun summer bughunt.

Necronomicon II

What if, all David is doing is aiming to please the Elder creators (the true Gods), but they're unimpressed by some lowly android, so they destroy him and with their biomechanical know how make use of him and the colonists, load up their craft and take off to destroy all life beneath them, but alas they are taken down by some heroic survivor and thus crash land on 426.
;D

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 26, 2017, 02:38:29 AM
I don't know if they'd all get eggmorphed, but yes, my suspicion/fear is that the survivors of Covenant would head to LV-426 and suffer an unfortunate fate - leading to David's new creations being placed on the derelict juggernaut.

Rather demystifies Alien altogether, as opposed to Prometheus and its story which, while imperfect, at least preserved the larger vague mystery of the epic cataclysm that destroyed the Engineers and led to their dead being strewn across the galaxy on various planets like 223 or 426. We don't have to know everything to know that terrible things happened with their experiments thousands of years ago and something they created destroyed them, leaving their vicious weapons behind - which is what we essentially had been told for decades about the derelict from Alien. As opposed to, let's say, a renegade android planting the eggs there 20 years prior after cooking up some aliens and a fun summer bughunt.

My money is on them going to Colonize LV-223, since the Company is at least, aware of the fact that it is capable of sustaining life. It makes sense for them to send a colony ship there, as opposed to LV426. This then provides for the extra (Derelict) ship, to take off and crash on LV426 at the end of the next film. See? So the Company sends the Covenant ship to Colonize LV223, knowing at least SOME of what happened there during Prometheus, and they don't tell them about it - OR MAYBE SOMEONE KNOWS ABOUT IT, so then they land and x, y and z happens, and THEN, at the end, someone tries to escape in another Engineer ship (David piloting?) with a massive cargo of eggs (egg-morphed colonists?) and that ship ends up crashing on LV-426 AND, I HOPE EVERYTHING IM F'IN TYPING RIGHT NOW, IS COMPLETELY WRONG!

Corporal Hicks

I can't see it being LV-223. I don't think there's anything suspicious going to be going off behind the intent of this colonization mission.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 27, 2017, 08:31:41 PMLV-223....is capable of sustaining life.

It isn't capable of sustaining life.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 29, 2017, 07:57:29 AMI don't think there's anything suspicious going to be going off behind the intent of this colonization mission.

The road to Alien is paved with good intent.

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 29, 2017, 07:57:29 AM
I can't see it being LV-223. I don't think there's anything suspicious going to be going off behind the intent of this colonization mission.

I sure hope not. What Riddles said about where they're going got me considering stuff. They've thus far skirted the 'too convenient' prequel-i-tis. With the exception of maybe the ship's crashing 10 times and landing identically. I hope it isn't LV426 either. That's even worse to me.

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 29, 2017, 12:23:03 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 27, 2017, 08:31:41 PMLV-223....is capable of sustaining life.

I'm quoting Holloway in Prometheus there. He says LV223 is a moon "capable of sustaining life."

chris_bert

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 26, 2017, 02:38:29 AM

Agree with you 100% on this. Does Ridley Scott actually think this is a clever idea or concept?

Spoiler
The possibility that the damaged David synthetic figures out a way to create things with Spacejockey leftover black goo and he ends up killing Walter in Covenant, impersonating Walter, and through David's work the colonists on Covenant end up being egg-morphed so that they are the eggs that Kane, Dallas, and Lambert find in the "yet another crashed derelict" ship--isn't that like three crashed Spacejockey ships now on different planets with the inclusion of the Covenant film--on LV462 in the Alien/Nostromo film? Really...he thinks that's original or clever or that it's really a great idea? Kind of lame to me, but that's just me and I'm not laughing all the way to the bank like Ridley.
[close]

I guess I'll see what happens with the Covenant release and if it starts looking like this is the direction Ridley is heading (see spoilers above), then I'm out and I'll catch up with anything else he makes after Covenant when it's a re-run on the Syfy channel.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 29, 2017, 02:49:57 PM

I'm quoting Holloway in Prometheus there. He says LV223 is a moon "capable of sustaining life."

It would be if one can get the CO2 levels down. Two minutes without a suit, you're dead.

Prime candidate for terraforming though.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 29, 2017, 04:20:49 PM

It would be if one can get the CO2 levels down. Two minutes without a suit, you're dead.

I assume, based on Holloway's dialogue that the temple in Prometheus was some sort of terraforming- atmospheric processor, like Hadley's Hope. In the original Spaihts draft, as many of you know, that is what Weyland was there for - to steal that technology. Lindeloff messed that up and made him search for Eternal Life or something. It was very very silly. The terraforming tech was far more logical and keeping in step with the narrative of the franchise. Was one of the biggest failures in Lindelof's changes I think. One thing I hope we never hear about again, is this immortality crap on the part of the Weyland Corp or whoever. I really dont want to hear some shit about the xeno's being able to give people eternal life and that's why the Company wants them, or some crap like that.
What I would like to see is some gray area explored regarding the companies motives. For instance, maybe they want to save us from something else. It would be interesting to develop that in such a way that still makes them wrong, and doesn't step on Ripley's story, while also kinda making us rethink the Company's actions a bit.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 29, 2017, 04:20:49 PMIt would be if one can get the CO2 levels down. Two minutes without a suit, you're dead.

Except the concentration of CO2 given in the film wouldn't actually be fatal :laugh:

Infected

Like breethin truw an exhaust poipe

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Infected on Mar 29, 2017, 05:58:10 PM

Like breethin truw an exhaust poipe

This conversation just remind me of Kate Dickie's horrible delivery.

Hemi

Pure speculation but:

1] David takes control of the covenant
2] Makes eggs of the colonists somehow
3] Heads back to 223 to find a fresh bomber
4] Takes off and our heroes take em down somehow. (maybe with whats left of the covenant)
5] Crash on 426
6] Chestburst of David
7] start of Alien

While the size of the jockey is weird, I think it's one of those things Ridley will ignore or David will somehow inject hiself with the black goo and starts to mutate into something larger. Which would indicate organic material present in Davids body somehow. Maybe his experiments went even further and he used parts of Shaw to enhance himself or to make it so he CAN absorb the black goo.

Or not...  I love science fiction! :P

chris_bert

Quote from: Hemi on Mar 29, 2017, 07:41:14 PM
Pure speculation but:

1] David takes control of the covenant
2] Makes eggs of the colonists somehow
3] Heads back to 223 to find a fresh bomber
4] Takes off and our heroes take em down somehow. (maybe with whats left of the covenant)
5] Crash on 426
6] Chestburst of David
7] start of Alien

While the size of the jockey is weird, I think it's one of those things Ridley will ignore or David will somehow inject hiself with the black goo and starts to mutate into something larger. Which would indicate organic material present in Davids body somehow. Maybe his experiments went even further and he used parts of Shaw to enhance himself or to make it so he CAN absorb the black goo.

Or not...  I love science fiction! :P

Well, if that's the direction Ridley Scott wants to take it, I guess since he was the original director in the Alien/Nostromo film that started it all, then he can move it in this direction. Me personally...I think it's a let down and kind of a crappy way to handle the entire mystery of the Spacejockey, Engineers, etc., but that's just my opinion. I'm just having a really difficult time getting around...

Spoiler
the idea that a damaged synthetic like David--even if Shaw reattaches his head to his body during the flight to find the Engineers' home world has the intelligence or ability to create lifeforms that the Engineers/Spacejockies on LV-223 (in the Prometheus film) could not. I know he has a higher IQ and is more intelligent being he's an android/synthetic, but it's just too huge a gap or jump for me to make the connection, so I'll be passing on the rest of the films if this is the route Ridley's going to take with the story, but that's just me.
[close]

Nervously anticipating the first release of the film to find out what people have to say.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed