William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 151,066 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That means the Gibson comic adaptation really f**ked up the pacing, if it simultaneously needed both more and fewer issues.

Hudson

Hudson

This was neat, and there's no telling how the film would have been executed, but I'll stick with the Alien 3 we got. Parts of it I enjoyed, but I didn't think Hicks and Bishop had a presence that felt very satisfying among other things. There were some cool visuals and interesting ideas, and it seemed to actually tie in weirdly close to Prometheus/Covenant in certain ways which was an odd surprise.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Hudson on Aug 20, 2019, 05:08:32 PM
This was neat, and there's no telling how the film would have been executed, but I'll stick with the Alien 3 we got. Parts of it I enjoyed, but I didn't think Hicks and Bishop had a presence that felt very satisfying among other things. There were some cool visuals and interesting ideas, and it seemed to actually tie in weirdly close to Prometheus/Covenant in certain ways which was an odd surprise.
They felt squandered in the comic, they felt like they had a lot more to do in the audio drama.

Perfect-Organism

I think you guys are both right.  Hopefully a better story will one day be told in film where Michael Biehn gets a chance to shine.  One of my all-time favourite actors, if truth be told.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 20, 2019, 11:49:29 PM
I think you guys are both right.  Hopefully a better story will one day be told in film where Michael Biehn gets a chance to shine.  One of my all-time favourite actors, if truth be told.

I know it's a super-niche part of the fandom that wants this, but a story that builds Hicks from the ground up (from boot camp to being assigned with his crew from the Sulaco) would be fun.

SM

SM

The Hicks story in Bug Hunt was a bit hit and miss.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Into the Hicks-Verse, where Hicks and Wilks finally meet.

SM

SM

Speaking of -verses I pitched an idea to Fox that they follow up Gibson's Alien 3 with Eric Red's, Twohy's and Ward's (where Ripley survives).  The survivors of all four stories then unite Avengers-style for new original climax story.

They didn't call back.  ;D

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Aug 21, 2019, 04:00:41 AM
Speaking of -verses I pitched an idea to Fox that they follow up Gibson's Alien 3 with Eric Red's, Twohy's and Ward's (where Ripley survives).  The survivors of all four stories then unite Avengers-style for new original climax story.

That sounds brilliant. Batsh*t crazy brilliant.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Quote from: SM on Aug 19, 2019, 10:31:37 PMFilm adaptations rarely run even four issues, nevermind five.

im well aware of that... simply pointing out what would have been a benefit to the story instead of a hindrance.

Still Collating...

That's genius and ridiculous and I love it!

Huggs

Huggs

That's because you didn't mention climate change, dubstep and unshaven hackers with man buns.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

u probably should start calling disney

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Didn't they move the SM hotline to Bob Iger's office yet?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 22, 2019, 01:19:04 AM
Didn't they move the SM hotline to Bob Iger's office yet?

Is that the red phone or the blue phone?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed