Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 134,120 times)

Mustangjeff

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 20, 2017, 02:43:44 AM
My strong suspicion is that Ridley now intends to deal directly with both the alien's creation and LV-426/the derelict in AC and future movies, and that he'll use the same pat explanation for both: "David Did It." I think that's tacky and silly and far too overt, the idea of some evil android creating a monster and seeding the ship a handful of years before Alien. I think it's a bad mistake.

IMO all the explanation we ever needed for the alien or the derelict was in the original film and Prometheus. Ridley spent decades gabbing in print, commentary, interviews etc. saying flat-out that the alien was a bioweapon bred by the Engineers/jockeys that got out of control and contributed to wiping them out, much like it did the space jockey on LV-426. Prometheus backs all of this up onscreen by presenting another incident of widespread disaster that contributed to the same wipeout of the Engineer species; more bioweapons that were uncontrollable and helped kill them off. Everything Janek, etc. says in the film contributes to that same thesis Ridley has been pushing since the '70s. It was easy enough to connect the dot between what is uncovered in Prometheus back to events in Alien.

But when Prometheus got a mixed reception and Ridley was out of ideas for the sequel, he moved to directly prequelizing the original film and changing it up - now we have this new latter-day twist with David, and it sounds a lot like he is going to say that David made it all happen, not the Engineers/space jockeys. I think they're fixing what wasn't broken, and breaking it. I just hope they leave room to say David merely copied the creature the Engineers already created. It's all so unnecessary, but for hardcore nerds who love fan service it'll be a squeefest.

I agree..

At this point there are three things that would make me very happy in order of importance to me.

1) Make it obvious that the Xeno/Neo/Deacon type creatures are ancient and were known to the Engineers.  David is simply attempting to re-create some ancient soufflĂ©.  Even better yet if it was an ancient creation designed to kill the Engineers.

2) Give some answer to the motives of the Engineers.  It doesn't need to be Earth centric, but it would be interesting to know their motives behind seeding life and doing planetary scale "resets".   What are they trying to accomplish?  Are they trying to save their civilization by creating themselves?  In a way it makes sense that the sacrificial Engineer would be the most perfect example of an Engineer.

3) Where did the goo come from?  Is this a creation of the Engineers, or from some beings higher up the ladder.  The writing on the urns is stylistically very different from the cuneiform type writings we see around the facility in Prometheus (giant head, sleep pod controls, doors)

Infected

Infected

Quote from: gantarat on Apr 20, 2017, 12:16:56 PM
impossible that david is creator of aliens. don't forget that derelict on LV-426 was crash a least 1000 years and river of pain novel (canon) reveal that ship get crash because Engineers and Xenomorphs has fighting on the ship.
No way, how should i be able to know that? I only watched the movies, those books werent available where i come from.
And the guy that said that in the film (Alien) only said it looks fossilized, it wasnt a statement nor was it a scientific fact.

One thing we can agree on is that the derelict was on a revenge mission to Earth as for what David did to the engineers in Covenant, and that is to bomb us back, but this time with xeno eggs.

And in the end maybe the engineers perfected the xenomorph, giving it the tubes and mechanical look like their suits.

fernandito

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 20, 2017, 12:21:10 PM
The filmmakers do not care about or acknowledge the books.
not to mention the trololol retconning Prometheus meant for the old good Space Jockey thingy, clearly grown off the chair; with his teeth; tongue, the organic ship; the absence of console controls and flutes xD, etc

A suit. Ok Sir Scott ook oooooookk It was a suit lol

Imbrie

Imbrie

Quote from: Infected on Apr 20, 2017, 12:27:58 PM
impossible that david is creator of aliens. don't forget that derelict on LV-426 was crash a least 1000 years and river of pain novel (canon) reveal that ship get crash because Engineers and Xenomorphs has fighting on the ship.
No way, how should i be able to know that? I only watched the movies, those books werent available where i come from.
And the guy that said that in the film (Alien) only said it looks fossilized, it wasnt a statement nor was it a scientific fact.

One thing we can agree on is that the derelict was on a revenge mission to Earth as for what David did to the engineers in Covenant, and that is to bomb us back, but this time with xeno eggs.

And in the end maybe the engineers perfected the xenomorph, giving it the tubes and mechanical look like their suits.

I sincerely doubt that any member of the audience thought "Oh, Dallas is only saying that being looks fossilized, but I bet it's really only been there a couple of years". Dallas' comment is intended to make the viewer believe that the Space Jockey in Alien is ancient.

I for one cannot agree that the derelict was on a revenge mission to Earth because of David's actions. If that happens the entire universe has been reduced pitifully.

And to top it off, a twatty robot from Earth is going to be responsible for the creation of the once gorgeously exotic alien, and the Engineers are going to refine it? I know this is all conjecture but if this is where the story is headed I'm completely out if it does happen.

426Buddy

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 20, 2017, 11:24:00 AM
Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 19, 2017, 11:17:20 PM
There needs to be an explanation as to how those eggs got there under the Derelict in Alien.
mmmh, I've heard the Covenants cargoo makes for 2.000 frozen folks lol. That should make David very happy. A new playground to continue playing God.

Don't misundestand me I've always hated egg morphing with a passion, but I hate the queen a thousand times more

Where would you have the eggs come from then?

cliffhanger

Quote from: bobcunk on Apr 19, 2017, 11:08:55 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 19, 2017, 04:05:20 PM
Quote from: locusta on Apr 19, 2017, 04:03:23 PM
That´s why I still hope, the Space Jockey is a different being, then the Engineers.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/facepalm.gif

Didnt ridly scot say that the Engineers didnt create humans?

who is ridly scot?

fernandito

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 20, 2017, 12:45:49 PM
Just from where Giger's wanted them to come. Produced by the very Derelict ship. Have you ever wondered why the ship kinda resembled a female reproductive system?. Perhaps the jockeys weren't actually the gigantic beings we see in the chair, but right the opposite thing..

Impossible since the jockey retconning in Prometheus I know. But It was a good fools errand uh, and btw the original one coming directly from the Matermind. Giger

Infected

Infected

Quote from: imbrie on Apr 20, 2017, 12:39:10 PM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 20, 2017, 12:27:58 PM

I sincerely doubt that any member of the audience thought "Oh, Dallas is only saying that being looks fossilized, but I bet it's really only been there a couple of years". Dallas' comment is intended to make the viewer believe that the Space Jockey in Alien is ancient.

I for one cannot agree that the derelict was on a revenge mission to Earth because of David's actions. If that happens the entire universe has been reduced pitifully.

And to top it off, a twatty robot from Earth is going to be responsible for the creation of the once gorgeously exotic alien, and the Engineers are going to refine it? I know this is all conjecture but if this is where the story is headed I'm completely out if it does happen.
That was then, we didnt get any real answers after 30 years, so with the knowledge we have now, we can easily say Kane could be wrong, a spacetrucker with the knowledge of nothing more then pipes and smokes didnt know anything, and i bet there was plenty of knowledge available then as we could see from Fifields equipment, but back to the facts, a spacetrucker/space labour guy only saw a degenarated skeleton on an alien ship.

Must be 100 years old doesnt count for it really to be that old, it could easily be that it rapidly lost energy and decaded very fast, its an assumption people like to make with that Kane line.

Why is it wrong to think they wanted revenge? maybe they wanted to go to Earth to perfect us more, or wipe us out like the dinosaurs, what if the ants in your ant farm kill you pet cat, i would capture those ants and poor liquid hot plastic over them.
The engineers are advanced but for a race to be advanced doesnt mean they cant be vengeancefull, we have our social responsible behaviour on a healthy level, but we like war, we like fights we like action and mystery we like science and it would be even more cool if we could experiment on living things, and on the other side what if a cult got the ability to get in to space and have free power in everything, would they restrict themselves with ethical stuff? i dont think so, they would rip through the galaxy and try to be the best at what they are, and the rest is just prey and experimental tissue.

lv_226

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 20, 2017, 12:57:25 PM
Just from where Giger's wanted them to come. Produced by the very Derelict ship. Have you ever wondered why the ship kinda resembled a female reproductive system?. Perhaps the jockeys weren't actually the gigantic beings we see in the chair, but right the opposite thing..

Impossible since the jockey retconning in Prometheus I know. But It was a good fools errand uh, and btw the original one coming directly from the Matermind. Giger

You make a lot of sense Fernandito. I remain optimistic that this "ancient terror" angle can be revived in the next installment because, as others have pointed out in this thread, if everything can be wrapped up by David did it/the Engineers are gone then it reduces the scope of what was introduced in Alien by magnitudes.

But, this is all conjecture. Covenant is still not out, and no one here has seen it. For all we know, David decides to reverse engineer something that the Engineers stole (as referenced by Wayne Haag) another species (the Jockeys from Alien... I know, I know... they're supposed to  be the Engineers now..).

Also, is there any evidence that the accelerant David uses is from the Citadel or something he brought from the ship?

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 20, 2017, 12:21:10 PM
The filmmakers do not care about or acknowledge the books.

Fox care that why their work with comics/novel writer to make sure story didn't conflict with movies.

and their release wayland book report that mention/reference game/novel/comic that release on 2014-15

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 20, 2017, 11:24:00 AM
Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 19, 2017, 11:17:20 PM
There needs to be an explanation as to how those eggs got there under the Derelict in Alien.
mmmh, I've heard the Covenants cargoo makes for 2.000 frozen folks lol. That should make David very happy. A new playground to continue playing God.

Don't misundestand me I've always hated egg morphing with a passion, but I hate the queen a thousand times more

From Queen i guess ?,in river of pain novel newt parent found remains of a Queen (and an Engineer) on the ship

Evanus

Nice!  :)

That shot of David bombing the engineers looks pretty awesome.

Stolen

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 20, 2017, 03:31:05 PM

This scene is going to be incredible, I wonder when it will arrive in the film!

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 20, 2017, 03:34:16 PM

It looks utterly amazing!

It seems that David is standing on the ship, not inside.

Infected

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 20, 2017, 03:41:11 PM
Quote from: Stolen on Apr 20, 2017, 03:34:16 PM

It looks utterly amazing!

It seems that David is standing on the ship, not inside.
"funny angle mate?" If he is standing on it and they fall from above him, does he have Mario Lakitu cloud dropping them for him?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed