Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 135,456 times)

prometheusfire08

looking very closely at the engineer city pik , the hole at the center is actually opening .
you can see the edges of the outward spiraling blades that are similar to both the lv223 juggernaut hanger doors AND the pilot chair seal 😎

sorry if this has been mentioned .

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I don't think the Spaihts draft is a cure for all ills like some people do, but the white oozing alien with the skull/Holloway-face beneath its translucent shell was cool as f**k. Someone needs to use that idea.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 18, 2017, 09:57:14 PM
I think there's going to be a good deal of weird ideas in Covenant, even though the story does feel very grounded.

Oh, I love what I'm hearing and seeing about the new monsters (though the full grown neomorph seen in a recent TV spot has me thinking it's from an old PS2 horror game so far). I just think the overall plot and re-focus on the original alien is a disappointment. Despite that the film itself looks gorgeous, stylish and will likely be a fun ride.

Whos_Nick

Looks miles better than Prometheus

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SiLPersonally I'm just happy they fixed the head.

Yeah, it's a fairly faithful head! Good to see. That body though.. ugh. Looks like something from The Mummy 1999.

Robopadna

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 18, 2017, 10:24:55 PM
Oh, I love what I'm hearing and seeing about the new monsters (though the full grown neomorph seen in a recent TV spot has me thinking it's from an old PS2 horror game so far). I just think the overall plot and re-focus on the original alien is a disappointment. Despite that the film itself looks gorgeous, stylish and will likely be a fun ride.

I entirely agree that it's a disappointment we are regressing back into Alien but you are being entirely dishonest if you are saying those are PS2 level graphics.  Show me a single image anywhere that holds up to that on the PS2.

Elder-wolf

@anthony

No the beluga was the  david twohy idea for the alien 3 script.. technically called rogue xenomorph but for the prometheus script they renamed it beluga but it would have had the exact same traits.

@SM

It was called the rogue alien but it was exactly the same as beluga alien. I just call it beluga because people would understand it quicker cause it is more fresh to them as the idea was more recent.

It is a pity that we have not seen many variations of these xenomorphs because apart from what we know, the other variations seemed a hell of a lot more freaky and hard to hide from. Especially the brute alien that charges at you like a rhino. You would just freeze in shock.

echobbase79

I don't think the Spaihts draft is a cure for all ills like some people do, but the white oozing alien with the skull/Holloway-face beneath its translucent shell was cool as f**k. Someone needs to use that idea.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 18, 2017, 09:57:14 PM
I think there's going to be a good deal of weird ideas in Covenant, even though the story does feel very grounded.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed by that at all. But then I saw the full body shot of it from the new Empire article. That looked incredible.

Elder-wolf

Also apart from neomoroh and xenomorph, anybody got an idea on if that is all we expect to see from the aliens, or do you think there will be a surprise alien in store for us?

Anthony

Quote from: Elder-wolf on Apr 19, 2017, 12:37:40 AM
@anthony

No the beluga was the  david twohy idea for the alien 3 script.. technically called rogue xenomorph but for the prometheus script they renamed it beluga but it would have had the exact same traits.

Ah okay, didn't know since I haven't read the Twohy script. Thanks for clarifying.

Elder-wolf

@anthony it's the alien ideas he had that we're cool. Just type his name and the scriot will come up.

echobbase79

Quote from: Elder-wolf on Apr 19, 2017, 12:39:35 AM
Also apart from neomoroh and xenomorph, anybody got an idea on if that is all we expect to see from the aliens, or do you think there will be a surprise alien in store for us?

I don't think so. I think we've seen all the creatures we're going to get.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Robopadna on Apr 19, 2017, 12:21:01 AM

I entirely agree that it's a disappointment we are regressing back into Alien but you are being entirely dishonest if you are saying those are PS2 level graphics.  Show me a single image anywhere that holds up to that on the PS2.

In the shot with Rosenthal getting attacked indoors in the recent spot, it looks remarkably like a monster from any number of J-horror games from that era, as well as a number of cheesy horror movies emulating that look in the last 17 years. That's all I'm saying. I love the smaller neomorph's look and I hope the full grown comes off better in full frame.

Anthony

The Neomorphs are making me think of the Grey Child from Silent Hill for some reason.

In fact, the Grey Child does have hands similar to the Xenomorph and a head like the Predator.

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Grey_Child

Elder-wolf

The grey child was in fact changed before the games release because it resembled more so a real child and to kill with the iron pipe proved very voilent.. interesting the things they changed.. off topic that so back on topic.

I went through all pics of alien convenant and the burned corpses i seen where in facted very big and muscular, indicating they actually are true engineers. Also the pic with the engineers close to the temple, the first image released, shows the genitalias to.. it is all very specific.. if you examine it rigt younwill see this.. small to for engineers lol.. but yeah definitely engineers.

SuicideDoors

Regular cover revealed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed