Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 94,765 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

This game should be interesting, would it be too naive to expect any appearance of Space Jockey's/Engineer's or any Deacon's, perhaps that's a bit of wishful thinking.

Galactus123

Galactus123

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jun 16, 2021, 08:59:37 PM
Quote from: Galactus123 on Jun 16, 2021, 08:54:22 PM
I think this would look better if it was FPS game. I usually like third person games more but first person could be better for this.
Play ACM then, you'll get the same experience mixed with more linear stuff, IMHO in terms of the wow factor, you're not missing much.
I think the first person camera could hide some things that don't look good. The character movement looks a bit robotic in this. Also it could make this more scary.

I still need to play Colonial Marines. I was excited when I saw the first sceenshots but I never played it because of bad reviews. I hope we get a new big budget Alien game at some point.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: Galactus123 on Jun 17, 2021, 01:47:53 PM
  hope we get a new big budget Alien game at some point.

Its called Avatar Frontiers of Pandora and it will have aliens and a wider audience so that they don't go bankrupt.

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

Engineer ruins? Bring it on, hope there's more elements of those films carried throughout the game. Third person looks great, long overdue.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I like that they seem passionate about it vocally and presentation wise. I wouldnt be surprised if we get celebrity contributions maybe from the actors/actress from the films or maybe a director like Ridley might step in and help write up something or cross-market with what he's doing next for Alien. it had worked tremendously well for PHG, i would expect it would for Aliens.

I don't know what the flare up is for first person,  weve seen this 4 times (the last for aliens games). If you haven't experienced this, youll understand how lack luster it is and cheap (considering the perspective is not a natural look when it comes to the camera view, the apparent look is that of a fish bowl and skews everything that comes at you) and you dont actually see your person (considering now that it is a high resolution human being and not a stock puppet)- you sacrifice a correct and proportionate look for a goofy over the top VR experience.

The fact that its in front of your face doesn't make it more dramatic than if you're viewing it in 3rd person. in 1st person, they will need to dramatize that perspective and make it visually more substantial considering that you can't view something jumping at your face without having to import a fair amount of symmetrical  alignment.

in 3rd person perspective, it would be a fairbit more dramatic since you see everything from the aliens pounce stance which can't be viewed from a 1st person perspective. Think about what is more dramatic, hugging a innocent baby where all you see is the top of its head, vs hugging a cute, unsuspecting infant sitting down and seeing it looking at a baby rattle toy.
if you had those experiences before, then you'd know which is more dramatic.

I remember AVP (2010) that there was alot of this, but all you saw was the exaggerated art direction with the models they had. It pretty much turned me off that game.  If they did that with this game, i don't know. It would have to be like COD:MW where you get to do emote type of executions.

When models looked like lego, i think they needed to do alot more with it:

Jurassicvania

Jurassicvania

I haven't checked in on this game since being decently disappointed with what I saw in the announcement trailer--my main reason for that was the hot glow elements on the armor/weaponry.
I'm really glad to not see any of that in the footage here (I watched loosely as I don't like to see too much before game comes out).

Since xenos are less visually diverse than other IP bestiaries, I would think atmosphere will be critical.

I also would have much preferred first person view, the lack of spatial awareness is just right for Aliens.  Even knowing many games are designed around the chosen view, I'd still massively appreciate even a cheap first person option.

There's probably a lot of pressure on the developer, not just from the fans

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

But in spite of the influence from the AVP films, 2010 still holds up visually though.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 17, 2021, 08:04:02 PM
But in spite of the influence from the AVP films, 2010 still holds up visually though.

a blind man's observation. High res artists will throw a steak at your heart.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

But it does though, for a three generation old ten year old console title it's ridiculously good looking.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

If you are from the era of SNES like I am, then you can do much worse than 2010. 

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 17, 2021, 09:47:50 PM
If you are from the era of SNES like I am, then you can do much worse than 2010.

Which makes you either a vintage connoisseur or a critical modern age game enthusiast. what is it?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Super Metroid was one of the greatest gaming experiences of my childhood.

Also AvP2010 still looks good and despite its obviously low budget is a better and more fun game than it has any right to be.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jun 17, 2021, 09:56:45 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 17, 2021, 09:47:50 PM

Which makes you either a vintage connoisseur or a critical modern age game enthusiast. what is it?

I enjoy games from every era, but graphics are probably the least important thing to me in rating games presently. 

Richman678

Richman678

For a game coming out in at least 2 months there really isn't much to show still. I believe it will get pushed back.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 17, 2021, 09:44:32 PM
But it does though, for a three generation old ten year old console title it's ridiculously good looking.

Completely agree there. Especially when it's running on PC. 2010 looks fantastic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed