If you could recast any role in one of the Alien movies?

Started by Huggs, Nov 15, 2018, 11:32:07 PM

Author
If you could recast any role in one of the Alien movies? (Read 6,219 times)

Huggs

Huggs

It goes without saying that they're pretty much perfect. But if you could recast any role in one of the Alien films (including the prequels), just for fun, and you had access to every actor/actress living or dead, and at any age, who would you cast and in which film/role?

I was watching some of Gunfight at the O.K. Corral and Birdman of Alcatraz earlier, and I thought it would've been interesting to see Burt Lancaster's version of David. I know Peter O' Toole is someone a lot of people might jump to, but Lancaster had a quiet intensity that I would like to have seen. Although O'Toole would've been interesting as Kane.

I also would like to see a younger Sidney Poitier in some role. Possibly Dallas. Why? Cause he's Sidney freakin' Poitier. I can easily see him in Nostromo gear, layin' down the law.

And of course a younger Anthony Hopkins would have to be considered for Ash. Although Ash's part is such an interesting role, there's just so many good actors I'd like to see attempt it.

TheSailingRabbit

I love Apone the way he is, but I'd like to see Clancy Brown in the role, just for the voice.

Huggs

Huggs

I'd like to see James Mason's version of Ash as well.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 15, 2018, 11:51:24 PM
I love Apone the way he is, but I'd like to see Clancy Brown in the role, just for the voice.

Just for the sake of insanity, George Kennedy as Apone would've been off the hook.

George C. Scott would've been alittle too on the nose. But I wouldn't mind seeing him try the part of Clemens.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 16, 2018, 12:19:42 AM
I'd like to see James Mason's version of Ash as well.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 15, 2018, 11:51:24 PM

George C. Scott would've been alittle too on the nose. But I wouldn't mind seeing him try the part of Clemens.

I can see that. He did a damn good job playing General Patton.

Huggs

Huggs

Forgive the crudity of this, I don't have any of my old equipment. But I'd have to say Sidney and Hopkins would be a lock for me. Although Hopkins would need to be slightly younger than he is here, and I have Sidney as Parker. Although he also would've been fantastic as Parker, in my opinion. But I still would like to have seen him take on the role of Dallas.

Although...Gregory Peck would be an interesting choice for the role of Dallas, now that I think of it.

whiterabbit

Just of the craziness of it...

Apone --> R Lee Ermey.
David --> Arnold Schwarzenegger
Drake --> Homer Simpson
Hicks --> Sylvester Stallone
Hudson --> Mel Gibson

... shits and giggles, folks.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 20, 2018, 08:46:26 PM

Apone --> R Lee Ermey.
Drake --> Homer Simpson
Hudson --> Mel Gibson

Stallone as Hicks would be legendary.

"Awiens! Geh back too opuwations! They're comin' outta de godham wahs! Wezzbewski C'mon!!

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 20, 2018, 08:55:22 PM

Apone --> R Lee Ermey.
Drake --> Homer Simpson
Hudson --> Mel Gibson

"Awiens! Geh back too opuwations! They're comin' outta de godham wahs! Wezzbewski C'mon!!

I can't decide whether to laugh or not.

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 20, 2018, 09:21:23 PM

Apone --> R Lee Ermey.
Drake --> Homer Simpson
Hudson --> Mel Gibson

Never pass up a chance to laugh. It's good for both body and spirit.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 20, 2018, 09:23:44 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 20, 2018, 09:21:23 PM

Apone --> R Lee Ermey.
Drake --> Homer Simpson
Hudson --> Mel Gibson

Never pass up a chance to laugh. It's good for both body and spirit.

Well, considering I'm thinking not of Sylvester Stallone, but of Michael Biehn after getting a bee sting to the mouth, I'll laugh.

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 20, 2018, 09:35:52 PM

Well, considering I'm thinking not of Sylvester Stallone, but of Michael Biehn after getting a bee sting to the mouth, I'll laugh.

Awight, we wathte him, no offenth. :laugh:

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 20, 2018, 09:45:22 PM

Thtay frothty.

SM

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Holee-shit. That's brilliant. I can see that being cried out to Colonel Trautman ghost at the end of Rambo VI.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 20, 2018, 09:50:39 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Nov 20, 2018, 09:45:22 PM

Thtay frothty.

Hudthon Thir, He'th Hicth!

I guess this now makes me a fan of "Awien Thwee".

Now I kind of wanna see Billy Crystal give it a shot. But as Hudson or Hicks? I don't know. Perhaps as a backup smart gunner. I can just see him firing one of those things and just climbing higher in the air with each burst, his feet getting farther off the ground like some kind of looney tune. Then land and getting wickedly serious and finishing with that classic line "you want a fresh one?"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed