WandaVision (Disney+)

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2019, 11:54:26 PM

Author
WandaVision (Disney+) (Read 13,014 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Watched the trailer a few more times. This is honestly the most conceptually interesting thing Marvel done since getting Guardians of the Galaxy off the ground in 2014, and probably the most "Me" a Marvel project been since Doctor Strange/Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in 2016/2017.

I really hope that this lives up the trailer, 'cause right now I am all in one this one.

QuoteWANDA AND VISION HAVE TIED THE KNOT
The trailer opens on a happy note — Wanda and Vision are just married! Arriving back at home after their big day, they start settling into their daily routines together, with Vision heading off to work. And thanks to a wave from Wanda's hand, gone is his synthezoid appearance and he takes on a human one.

DECADES GALORE
Everything's not as black and white as it appears — literally. That color scheme is quickly replaced by a technicolor one as we're quickly moving through the decades with Wanda and Vision. Pay attention, and you'll notice styles spanning decades of television.

HALLOWEEN LOOKS
There's going to be some trick-or-treating in WandaVision, and both Wanda and Vision are dressed for the occasion. Not only that but their costumes are very familiar to Marvel fans!

NEW NEIGHBORS
What's a classic sitcom-style show without some neighbors popping by to help sir up trouble? Kathryn Hahn's "nosy neighbor" was revealed at 2019's D23 Expo, and in addition to her, Debra Jo Rupp and Fred Melamed also make appearances as well.

WANDA'S POWERS
All along we've known Wanda was powerful, but just how powerful? Sure, she stood up against Thanos in Endgame, but in WandaVision we're going to see her actually manipulate reality and objects around her.

VISION IS... DEAD
WandaVision takes place after the events of Marvel Studios' Avengers: Infinity War where we saw Vision killed by Thanos over the Mind Stone, and unfortunately, that's not reversed with the snap in Marvel Studios'  Avengers: Endgame. It certainly appears as if Vision does not know this, as this news seems to be a surprise to him.

EVERYTHING IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS
Wanda and Vision might be living an idyllic suburban life but something's clearly brewing just outside.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/wandavision-first-trailer-disney-plus?linkId=100067327

Shasvre

Shasvre

This looks so good. 8)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I just read Tom King's The Vision miniseries from a few years ago. Really excellent comic, and I wouldn't be shocked to see some of the ideas from this run wind up in the series. Apparently we're getting Sparky in WandaVision. 8)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Promo art from merch:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Elizabeth Olsen on Grief, the Scarlet Witch and Her Next Life

QuoteAnd now you're getting your own Marvel show, "WandaVision," on Disney Plus alongside Paul Bettany as Vision. What can you divulge?

"WandaVision" is such an incredible concept. It's the first time we get to understand her as the Scarlet Witch that she is in the comics, and that's exciting for me, because I haven't yet been able to give her that time onscreen. So that's going to be fun. She's always been a representation of mental health and illness in the comic book series, and her major role is handling that stigma within Marvel.

I have to admit that I'm sort of a Marvel illiterate. Where does Vision come into all this?

That I can't answer, because he died in the last movie. I'm sorry. [Laughs] I know you wouldn't care. I tell my friends, but I can't tell you. They're like you — they know nothing, so I just tell them everything because it doesn't matter. I know it will go nowhere.

"WandaVision" is also a tie-in to the next "Doctor Strange," in which you'll star with Benedict Cumberbatch. Can you explain?

"Doctor Strange" I don't know too much about, because it's still kind of early. And then after that I would really love to do a five- or six-week independent film, with a beginning and an end.

When you sign on as a Marvel character, do they monitor the kind of shape you're in?

The thing that's amazing about Marvel is that they never as producers tell anyone to get into any kind of physical shape. They don't have expectations of you being thin or strong. They just assume that if you think your character needs that, that you will do that. It's not something that they hold over you. I literally asked [Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios] at one point, "So when can I have kids? When can I be pregnant?" And he goes, "Live your life, and we'll work around it." I don't think it's happening within the next five years, but it's something I'm really excited for.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/11/arts/elizabeth-olsen-scarlet-witch.html

Shasvre

Shasvre

ace3g

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So much for that December 2020 release. :D

Oh well, can't wait for this. This is probably the most "me" a Marvel project has felt since Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed