Monster Hunter Live-Action Film

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Oct 05, 2018, 07:45:31 PM

Author
Monster Hunter Live-Action Film (Read 4,476 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Plot.

Quote from: via Bloody Disgusting"Behind our world, there is another: a world of dangerous and powerful monsters that rule their domain with deadly ferocity. When Lt. Artemis (Milla Jovovich) and her loyal soldiers are transported from our world to the new world, the unflappable lieutenant receives the shock of her life. In her desperate battle for survival against enormous enemies with incredible powers and unstoppable, revolting attacks, Artemis will team up with a mysterious man who has found a way to fight back."

https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1272650656290086913

RidleyScott99

Paul W.S. Anderson is a bad copy of Michael Bay. At least Bay directed THE ROCK and 13 HOURS.

Immortan Jonesy

Hey Pandorum has its moments. Fortunately it was directed by someone else.  :-X

Edit -

Brzrkr

Brzrkr

Who's editing this film?

Resident Evil 6 was shockingly bad. I had a headache for hours after watching it.

DarthJoker45

Oh boy, an omen of things to come......

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Yes, that's the exact type of film everyone was expecting. Don't really see how that's an omen. This movie was always going to be dumb, the only question is: is it dumb but fun or just dumb?

Quote from: David 8 on Jul 10, 2020, 11:00:42 PM
Who's editing this film?

Resident Evil 6 was shockingly bad. I had a headache for hours after watching it.

It's editied by the same guy :-X

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Jun 16, 2020, 03:47:22 AM
Paul W.S. Anderson is a bad copy of Michael Bay.

A cheap copy, not a bad one.

I believe that all Paul Anderson's merit is based on one single film (Event Horizon). I don't like how he destroys popular universes (AvP, Resident Evil, now Monster Hunter) in order to create his cheap copies... And yet I enjoy his films! They're cheap and changed, but fun. Unlike Michael Bay - his films are the worst: full of annoying characters and situations + not funny humor.

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

Some more small clips from the movie in this game to movie comparison

DarthJoker45

Here is an exclusive clip that was revealed at New York Comic Con.

https://youtu.be/0WoFre5aeT8?t=2506

ace3g

ace3g

A movie of a thousand teasers before the full trailer... which debuts this Wednesday

New image from IGN

https://www.ign.com/articles/monster-hunter-movie-trailer-debuts-wednesday-ign-premiere

Immortan Jonesy

"What did you see in the franchise? What did Capcom really want you to bring to it?

I think Capcom knew that I was, having turned their video game into the most successful video game franchise ever, they were getting a good set of hands. But also, a passionate set of hands as well. You know, I was there when Monster Hunter: World came out and sold 15 million copies a year and a half, two years ago, when every Hollywood studio in the world was chasing Monster Hunter because suddenly they're like, "Oh, big sales! Let's go grab it!" And they were all very disappointed to discover that I already had the rights to it [laughs]. But I pursued the rights when no one knew about it outside of Japan. I think that passion for their project is something that Capcom really respected. And the closeness of my relationship with the creator of the game — we worked very closely with Capcom on this one, much closer than on any other movie I've made. They were very, very involved with it.

What were those conversations like?

We talked through the script and what that would contain, what creatures would be in the movie, which landscapes would be in the movie. When we were designing the costumes, we'd send photographs of all of the costumes to Japan and they'd say "Well, you know, the, the hunter's collar should be little smaller." "You know, the Admirals axe could be a bit bigger." "

https://twitter.com/GamerMonkey_/status/1314947373039333378

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed