Godzilla
96 (74.4%)
King Kong
25 (19.4%)
I don't know?
8 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,497,777 times)

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Wait, king kong vs Godzilla. Didnt king kong win at the end?

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: Its Game Time on Jun 24, 2007, 03:24:32 AM
Wait, king kong vs Godzilla. Didnt king kong win at the end?

I think it was a tie.

War Wager

War Wager

Definitley Godzilla...  8)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I like to think of it as tie.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Wasnt that the one where they were fighting in the water and then King Kong came up out of the water and godzilla was nowhere to be found? ???

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

It is.  Although there is actually only one version of the ending, the outcome itself is open to speculation.  King Kong fans will use the footage as evidence that Kong beat Godzilla into submission and swam home, whilst Godzilla-enthusiasts will argue that Kong was retreating and Godzilla-- satisfied with driving the ape off, went back into hibernation.

Personally, I prefer the more . . . philosophical explanation:

http://neomonsterisland.com/tktarkv/vol2/019/902/1.html

Resurrection

Resurrection

I know just by reading and commenting on a few threads around here that there is actually a large Godzilla fan-base around this forum, so I thought I would start this thread so we have a centralized location for chatting about Godzilla and other Kaiju.

First of all, I thought I would let you know that I am a big Godzilla fan.  I have liked him since I was around 4 years of age, and have enjoyed collecting the DVD sets, vinyl figures, and other misc. collector items.

Godzilla links:
GForever- Project Revival (Great site with some awesome collections of vinyl figures and other collector items)
Club Tokyo (Website full of rare Godzilla figures and other items)
Monsterland Toys (Another excellent site for Kaiju collection)
Monster Zero (Site for Godzilla and other Kaiju news)

If you haven't seen them already, here is a list with pictures of the new Godzilla DVD released by Classic Media:

The Godzilla Collection
Information courtesy of Amazon.com
# Format: Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, Full Screen, Widescreen, NTSC
# Language: English, Japanese
# Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
# Number of discs: 8
# Rating UNRATED
# Studio: Classic Media
# DVD Release Date: November 20, 2007
# Run Time: 583 minutes

• GOJIRA (winner of "Best DVD Classic Film Release", 2007 Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films "Saturn Awards")
• GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS (the edited US version of GOJIRA starring Raymond Burr)
• GODZILLA RAIDS AGAIN (Japanese and US versions)
• MOTHRA VS GODZILLA (Japanese version plus US version known as GODZILLA VS THE THING)
• GHIDORAH THE THREE-HEADED MONSTER (Japanese and US versions)
• INVASION OF ASTRO-MONSTER (Japanese version plus US version known as MONSTER ZERO)
• ALL MONSTERS ATTACK (Japanese version plus US version known as GODZILLA'S REVENGE)
• TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA (Japanese version plus US version with prologue)

Gojira / Godzilla Deluxe Collector's Edition (Gojira/Godzilla [1954] / Godzilla, King of the Monsters [1956]) (2004)
# Actors: Akira Takarada, Akihiko Hirata, Takashi Shimura, Terry Morse
# Format: Black & White, Collector's Edition, Full Screen, NTSC, Subtitled
# Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
# Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
# Number of discs: 2
# Rating UNRATED
# DVD Release Date: September 5, 2006

Godzilla Raids Again (1959)
# Actors: Hiroshi Koizumi, Setsuko Wakayama, Minoru Chiaki, Takashi Shimura, Masao Shimizu
# Directors: Motoyoshi Oda
# Format: Black & White, Closed-captioned, DVD-Video, NTSC
# Language: English
# Number of discs: 1
# Rating UNRATED
# Studio: Sony Wonder (Video)
# DVD Release Date: April 3, 2007
# Run Time: 160 minutes

Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
# Actors: Akira Takarada, Yuriko Hoshi, Hiroshi Koizumi, Yu Fujiki, Emi Ito, See more
# Directors: Ishirô Honda
# Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
# Language: English
# Rating UNRATED
# Studio: Sony Wonder (Video)
# DVD Release Date: April 3, 2007
# Run Time: 176 minutes

Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster (1964)
# Actors: Akihiko Hirata, Yuriko Hoshi, Emi Ito, Hisaya Ito, Yumi Ito
# Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, Widescreen, NTSC
# Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
# Rating UNRATED
# DVD Release Date: June 5, 2007

Invasion of Astro-Monster (aka Monster Zero) (1965)
# Actors: Nick Adams, Akira Kubo, Kumi Mizuno, Haruo Nakajima, Takamaru Sasaki
# Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, Widescreen, NTSC
# Region: All Regions
# Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
# Rating UNRATED
# DVD Release Date: June 5, 2007
# Run Time: 186 minutes

Feel free to discuss the Godzilla movies/vinyl figures/or other collector items of the big G in this thread.

nukem11

"what did you see old man"

"godzilla..godzilla" lol. 

Ratchetcomand

I have been a godzilla fan since i was 4, i remember when my dad and i went to a video store in down town Baltimore and we rented Gojira on VHS. Reasson why my dad rented it because i used to love dinosaurs when i was kid and ask him to see another dino movie, he chose the orginal godzilla movie on VHS. After i have been a huge godzilla fan!

Resurrection

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Dec 26, 2007, 05:14:51 PM
I have been a godzilla fan since i was 4, i remember when my dad and i went to a video store in down town Baltimore and we rented Gojira on VHS. Reasson why my dad rented it because i used to love dinosaurs when i was kid and ask him to see another dino movie, he chose the orginal godzilla movie on VHS. After i have been a huge godzilla fan!

I actually came to like Godzilla because I liked dinosaurs as well.  I remember watching the movies and acting out the scenes with my different figures that I had bought at KB Toys when TrendMasters figures were still popular, and other dinosaur figures I had purchased and acting out the scenes of the movies with them while I watched it. Mostly Destroy All Monsters. :P

Too bad I never had a realistic Gorosaurus or Manda figure.  I had to use some crappy dinosaur I bought and a rattlesnake. . . Ahh, good times. ;D

Ratchetcomand

The second godzilla movie i saw was King Kong vs Godzilla, my mom got it for me as a easter gift.

ShadowPred

The first time I came into contact with Godzilla, was when I was 4 or 5 years old. My dad rented Godzilla 1985 and that movie just blew me away, from that moment on I became a Godzilla fan, and now I am up 26 out of 27 Godzilla films, not including that garbage that is Godzilla 98. I am still a Godzilla fan and I will forever always will be.

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 26, 2007, 05:52:59 PM
I am still a Godzilla fan and I will forever always will be.

Same here, i still like godzilla and i always be no matter. I seen every godzilla movie (Even the 1998 remake) and i will see Godzilla return in 2013 or 2014.

ShadowPred

I hope I am still alive by the time Godzilla turns 100 so that I can be there when they celebrate his existence.

Resurrection

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 26, 2007, 06:06:56 PM
I hope I am still alive by the time Godzilla turns 100 so that I can be there when they celebrate his existence.

As do I, I am still collecting items from the big G's 50th anniversary.  I have all the 50th Anniversary DVD's and right now I am buying various items from Final Wars.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed