AvP Officially Gains PG13?

Started by Darkness, Jul 23, 2004, 02:21:27 PM

Author
AvP Officially Gains PG13? (Read 22,181 times)

Jonesy

Jonesy

G-Dog, you're right. Why not censor all movies of all the gorey, intense, ... scenes since they'd be "just as good" as the un-censored, R version. I mean, why not just show the 'edited for tv' versions at the movies too, that would save them alot of trouble, and the movie's are "just as good" anyhow. Why stop at PG-13, why not make all movies rated G, they'd be just as good. Make all movies appropriate for children, cuz it aint gonna suck man, its gonna be baddasss regardless, heh. *rolls eyes*

newbornsux89

newbornsux89

I do want this movie to be R, but now I honestly don't care if it is PG-13. Movies now can have more gore, language and nudity then they did 10 years ago. I read an articale that says all those factors have gone up in every rating. Movies rated G, PG, PG-13, & R all have more violence, sex, and language then they used to. If this movie gets rated R, I will be happy and have no doubts. If it gets a PG-13, I will be a little disappointed but it won't stop me from watching it. I don't believe anything will be cut out either just because of the rating. Like I said, movies can have more violence now then they did 10 years ago. If it gets PG-13, I believe it will be an R movie with a PG-13 rating. The rating doesn't make the movie. I believe FOX just wants it rated PG-13 to make more money. Bottom line is, if the movie is exactly the same as Paul Andersons final cut with nothing cut out and it gets rated PG-13, I wont mind.

topman

topman

i read the article on the dark horizons web site in a mag called shivers and it doesn't say anything about the film being pg-13! ITS ALL BULLSHIT!!!!!!!   >:D  

G-Dog

G-Dog

*sigh* Thank you....newbornsux89 Jonesy, bit of sarcasm there me thinks. Good point, nowadays ratings are different from the old fashion days you know?   Like before, women treated their husbands right, and took care of them, nowadays women just don't give a shit.

-=Daishi=-

-=Daishi=-

i just don't know how american rating works..i know american's can be pretty uptight when it comes to "protecting their precious christian children " so..i live in europe..we don't care for ratings that much. what i ment is will i have to wait for the directors cut to see the movie as it was intened..like with aliens

flonge

flonge

I actually agree with you G-Dog, but I think this story is too voilent to be PG-13, therefore they will cut it down to a light version. But I haven't seen the movie yet...so I don't know if this is the case That's why; I think it probably will "suck" if it gets rated PG-13.  Nevertheless I will go and watch AVP a hundred times, and a think a AVP movie is great whatever happens, I'm just hooping for it too be a successful and a memorably movie and not just another VS movie. Because the Alien and the Predator characters have really alot more depth than all other SFI monsters ever made!

topman

topman

but with Aliens the none directors cut it was still rated R (18 in UK)

topman

topman

i would prefer it to be an R rates movie then pg-13

flonge

flonge

-=Daishi=- The aliens directors cut is rated exactly as the first version, so it's not exactly the same case there...  the directors cut should just give more extended scenes and not just more gore, that's abit absurd...

topman

topman

i meant to say "rated" sorry!

Variable

Variable

Yes i am with G-Dog to. No mater the rating its gonna be the badass. I have come to think that PA made this movie graphic and R material. Then the finished version goes into Fox. They know this is a big deal and they figure lets get even more money by downgrading it to PG-13 and cut out some blood and gore. That is how big companys do buisness my freinds. Sad to say but it is. If it is PG-13 I would bet a poker hand that thats what happened. But it will still be badass. The first time these things have come to the silver screen together, some of the best CGI and graphics, and from what I'v seen talented actors. regardless this movie is going to kick ass.

topman

topman

i dont get the people who say its "ok" if the film goes pg-13. THIS IS ALIEN VS PREDATOR!!!!! did they make Jason Vs Freddy a pg-13 NO!!!

topman

topman

it might be good but it wont have the same feeling to the movie as did the Aliens and Predator

flonge

flonge

How will there be a cool chestbursting scene with a PG-13???  How will there be a nice plasma cannon hit or a cool wristblade hit on a human character with PG-13???  How can the predator skin their enemies and clean their skulls with a PG-13???

topman

topman

movies

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed