Class Action Suit Issued

Started by Elicas, May 01, 2013, 12:24:58 AM

Author
Class Action Suit Issued (Read 59,548 times)

Lie

Lie

Quote from: szkoki on May 01, 2013, 11:26:56 AM
a bored billionare fan sued them...i guess, because this process will cost him more than the prize of the game what he could get back

btw this isnt mean that we get the game we promised i dunno why are u so happy about it....and top of it if we would got that graphics like in the demos...the STORY, THE ACTING AND AI STILL WOULD HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! and no lawsuit can do anything about that, i dont understand how many people wank over the graphics...but do what u want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbB_HVcXpPk#ws

Finally man, I love this game to hell and back but FINALLY they get what they deserve for all their f**king lies! I just hope that it impacts future Aliens game in a positive way... The most positive way being an actual future for Aliens game. :-\

BANE

BANE

Wait, what did they lie about?  ???

Lie

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BANE on May 01, 2013, 01:50:34 PM
Wait, what did they lie about?  ???
Pretty much everything, really.

SuperM

SuperM

glad this is happening, and hope it stops future companies from doing this.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Well, this took longer than I expected, but it's finally happened. Hopefully some justice will be served. What GBX did was complete bullshit. We were the ones who paid for it. They need to pay for it.

One thing is clear, A:CM will never be the game we wanted. Or even the game they said it would be. We aren't going to get any true justice because of this.

Quote from: Vertigo on May 01, 2013, 08:28:16 AM
But getting back on topic, I hope the Colonial Marines situation doesn't bite Sega too badly. They have a number of other major properties under their banner which could suffer underfunding, rushing, lay-offs, lack of post-release support, redesigning or even abandonment if the corporate coffers start drying up. Rome Total War 2, just for one example, is a hugely ambitious title in a flagship series, and needs 100% commitment to live up to that promise.
Yeah, I'm a bit concerned about that, too.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think you people should just let Randy and Gearbox get a pass on this whole thing.  What do you say?

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 01, 2013, 08:04:37 PM
I think you people should just let Randy and Geabox get a pass on this whole thing.  What do you say?

Agreed.
the game was a disappointment, we get it.
but stuff like that happen. now, move on.

Nightlord

Nightlord

No, gearbox deserve it anyway.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

This could seriously jeopardize development on Borderlands 3, not to mention any potential new Homeworld games since they just acquired that IP from THQ's sell-off.

Besides, Randy seems like a swell guy.

urvile

urvile

On the one hand, it's not like CM was the first game to lie about what was going to be in the final product. But I'm certainly not going to feel sorry for them. I find the whole thing a bit amusing

While we're at it, could I sue over Epic Mickey, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded, Silent Hill HD Collection, Shadow Of the Damned, and every other crappy game I ended up wasting money on?

Oh, that f**king HD collection. If anyone deserved to be sued, it was Konami and Tomm Hulett for that broken POS

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: szkoki on May 01, 2013, 11:26:56 AM
a bored billionare fan sued them...i guess, because this process will cost him more than the prize of the game
It seems to be the firm who seek these type of cases actually.

http://www.edelson.com/case/13/

Nutlink

Nutlink

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 01, 2013, 08:04:37 PM
I think you people should just let Randy and Gearbox get a pass on this whole thing.  What do you say?
Considering they got a pass for Brothers in Arms Hells Highway and it's faults, for cutting as much of the stuff out of Borderlands 2 that they promised, and for Randy making the comments he did when they ported Halo to the PC a decade ago....nah.  It's a pointless lawsuit, but I want this turd to stay in the spotlight as long as possible to make an example of out it.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I can't help but think back on all the bullshit Randy and the rest of GBX kept feeding us about A:CM's quality, the tech they're implementing, how it's going to blow gamers away, how they're such huge fans of the franchise and how excited they are to be working on this dream project.

Actions speak louder than words, though. Now that we've been finding out what really happened with the game's development, how can anyone not think Randy and the rest of GBX are like fork-tonged salesmen?

This kind of BS has to stop NOW. With all game companies. Game developers (and publishers) need to start making good on their word.

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 01, 2013, 08:10:53 PM
This could seriously jeopardize development on Borderlands 3, not to mention any potential new Homeworld games since they just acquired that IP from THQ's sell-off.

Besides, Randy seems like a swell guy.
Who gives shit about Borderland 3? Oh right damn sheep. Borderland is not something most people should crave. I don't know why people try to put it in league of Bioshock, Halo, etc. Yeah. I played Borderland 1. It was meh to fun. Forgettable music, characters, etc.
And Borderland was built upon sacrifice of Alien: CM. You would be a damn fool to support such scam franchise.

If we let this case go away, then other companies along with Gearbox will repeat the same crime in the future.
It's people like you who is not helping gaming industry at all. We need to set precedent so other companies won't dare to do the same. Say other companies also did all you want. It doesn't change the fact that this case is the most glaring case at least in this year so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed