(Some?) Alien films for blu-ray in 2008

Started by Keyes, Jul 13, 2007, 03:15:16 PM

Author
(Some?) Alien films for blu-ray in 2008 (Read 7,365 times)

fluxcap

The answer? Double-dip, and triple-dip releases. It will be just like dvd all over again. Some years will go by, some crazy new way to approach special features will come out, and we'll get a new batch of releases. I probably won't get any of the first run releases of either Alien or Predator, the menagerie of releases on dvd has taught me that.

Cellien

Quote from: fluxcap on Jan 13, 2008, 01:59:56 AM
The answer? Double-dip, and triple-dip releases. It will be just like dvd all over again. Some years will go by, some crazy new way to approach special features will come out, and we'll get a new batch of releases. I probably won't get any of the first run releases of either Alien or Predator, the menagerie of releases on dvd has taught me that.

I'm gonna be a good fanboy and buy Aliens over and over again every time a new edition comes out until I've spent $500 on one single movie!  Yay!

fluxcap

I would be partial to a sweet hd transfer of Aliens. The picture quality on the Quadrilogy set was meh thanks to the film's jaded processing history.

RidgeTop

Finally! "Aliens" could use an HD makeover.

Cellien

The Aliens DVD looks pretty darn good in a good upscaling player.. But I will be buying the HD version.  :)

Chocolate man!

I just heard that Warner Bros, who make 70% of HD Dvd's movies, and is 1 of the 3 large distributers for HD has just announced that they will be supporting Blu-ray only as of May.  Bye bye HD!

Cellien

Yeah, fairly old news...

severen76

Quote from: Cellien on Jan 14, 2008, 03:44:34 PM
Yeah, fairly old news...

Well not everyone's big on the whole format change

I mean I havent even finished getting all my films on dvd yet  >:(

Chocolate man!

Yeah, fairly old news...

It was only announced on January 4th, so unless you're a schoolgirl who considers 2 minutes ago to be old, it'n not that old.

severen76

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Jan 14, 2008, 09:37:48 PM
Yeah, fairly old news...

It was only announced on January 4th, so unless you're a schoolgirl who considers 2 minutes ago to be old, it'n not that old.

Not 2 minutes, try 10 days  ;)

Cellien

Cellien

Lol. thanks severen.  :) 

Chocolate, speaking of schoolgirls.. maybe you should head back to where they all hang out (school that is) and learn basic math. 

Just messin' with ya.  :)

Chocolate man!

So you guys would classify a 10 day old baby as old??   ;)

Cellien

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Jan 15, 2008, 12:07:16 AM

No, but I'd classify 10 day old news as old...  They don't call it news for nothin'.  :P

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Cellien on Jan 15, 2008, 12:21:02 AM

No, but I'd classify 10 day old news as old...  They don't call it news for nothin'.  :P

But if that were the case, than the term 'old news' really wouldn't make much sense.............

Cellien

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Jan 15, 2008, 01:35:21 AM
Quote from: Cellien on Jan 15, 2008, 12:21:02 AM

But if that were the case, than the term 'old news' really wouldn't make much sense.............

Now that I think of it, old news does sound rather funny!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed