Batman: Gotham Knights (WB Games Montreal's New Batman Game)

Started by DarthJoker45, Aug 17, 2020, 04:46:10 PM

Author
Batman: Gotham Knights (WB Games Montreal's New Batman Game) (Read 4,557 times)

DarthJoker45

Kradan

Asking right away - do we need Joker ?

DarthJoker45

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 17, 2020, 08:52:39 PM
Asking right away - do we need Joker ?

From the reports circulating online, this is a soft reboot that is set in its own separate continuity from the Arkham series. It is suppose to be in the same continuity as Rocksteady's Suicide Squad game. In other words, Joker is not going to be the main villain in this game most likely, but he could pop up in a side mission.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

It is beautiful!

Local Trouble

Looks like it's not set in the Arkham continuity.  Gordon didn't die and Batgirl can walk.

MoonerSK

Not what I hoped for, but I guess the leaks suggested it. Now I understand it's a bit too early to judge and I certainly will be on the lookout for more information but so far I'm worried.
While the core gameplay seems to be taken from arkham, I don't like that levels were thrown into this. Honestly the amazing feeling the arkham combat can give you could be ruined by needing to punch a guy a milion times because you're underleveled. But we will have to see more on how that works later I guess.
The gameplay was also too interupted by cuts, no proper look at anything, just a bit of combat, cut, bit of stealth, cut, bit of a boss cut. Does not really give a lot of confidence when they're afraid to show uninterupted gameplay. But it might be just too early for then to show something like that.
Right now I need to see more, first impressions could have been better, lets hope it at least won't be a live service, microtransations filled game. Though judging by WB latest games, I don't have much hope for no microtransations.

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 22, 2020, 06:01:38 PM
Looks like it's not set in the Arkham continuity.  Gordon didn't die and Batgirl can walk.
I think it's a slight retcon, but still set in the Arkham continuity after the ending of AK.

Huggs

While I'm sure he's actually still alive, having no playable Bruce Wayne in the game is a bit of a no-no for me.

It's like a zelda game without Link, or God of War without Kratos. Etc.

Local Trouble

Even if Batgirl somehow managed to walk again, her father didn't die in Arkham Knight.  He became the mayor of Gotham City after Bruce's apparent death so why would Bruce's pre-recorded message say that Gordon was dead?

Yeah, I'm not really interested in a Batman game without a playable Batman.  Looks cool though.  I hope other fans have fun with it.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Here is some more info on the game.

https://twitter.com/GameOverGreggy/status/1297241756627419136

The game's website is live.

https://www.gothamknightsgame.com/en-US

Tichinde

Open world Jason Todd playability is enough to sell me. I don't care if the story is good I just want to shoot people as Red Hood.

now, about getting that new console...

Kradan

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 22, 2020, 08:16:29 PM
While I'm sure he's actually still alive, having no playable Bruce Wayne in the game is a bit of a no-no for me.

It's like a zelda game without Link, or God of War without Kratos. Etc.

Agreed

Local Trouble

Like Portal without Chell?

Kradan

Kradan

Like Portal without GLaDOS

Stitch

Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Aug 22, 2020, 08:32:07 PM
Here is some more info on the game.

https://twitter.com/GameOverGreggy/status/1297241756627419136

The game's website is live.

https://www.gothamknightsgame.com/en-US

This implies it is in Arkham continuity because of Babs' rehabilitation. Maybe after AK, he faked his death, hence the secret ending of AK. If both he and Gordon die at the beginning of Gotham Knights, that would explain everything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed