Alien: Covenant in Upcoming Magazines

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 21, 2016, 04:26:02 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant in Upcoming Magazines (Read 69,919 times)

Corporal Hicks

I've also purchased one. No issues. The shipping was more than the magazine though. lol I just hope the content is actually good!

426Buddy

Just bought one lol

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2017, 07:35:36 PM
I've also purchased one. No issues. The shipping was more than the magazine though. lol I just hope the content is actually good!

I'm so excited the Birth. Movie. Death guys seem to think it's their greatest work :)

Ingwar

SuicideDoors

Just a heads up to the UK fans - I read the chief editor's blurb in the new Empire magazine today and the forthcoming Empire promo is a commemorative Alien issue exclusive to Sainsburys stores.

Corporal Hicks

Good to know. Thanks. Any release date?

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2017, 09:45:49 AM
Good to know. Thanks. Any release date?

"It's fair to say there are few franchises that matter more to Empire. So we may have gone to town a bit, with unrivalled access to the new film and a whole load of exclusive new images. That's not all though. On 26 April, to celebrate World Alien Day, we are releasing a very special, very limited edition of Empire. It'll only be available in selected Sainsbury's or via pre-sale exclusively to subscribers (you'll be hearing from us shortly with details), and please keep checking Empire's social channels for the big reveal of just why it is so special" :)

Typed that word for word lol so sorry there's no link, but it's page 6 under This month at Empire

Corporal Hicks

Ace. Thanks for the transcript.  :)

SuicideDoors

No problem :)

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2017, 06:21:19 PM
https://mondotees.com/products/alien-bmd

This issue also includes:

* An interview with ALIEN: COVENANT screenwriter John Logan

* An examination of the psychosexual nature of the ALIEN universe

* In-depth introductions to ALIEN and COVENANT director Ridley Scott, ALIEN screenwriter Dan O'Bannon and artist H.R. Giger

* Tributes to the incredible creature design of the ALIEN franchise, including the xenomorph, chestburster, facehugger and Engineers

* An exclusive look at the making of ALIEN: COVENANT

* Tons of one-of-a-kind art, including Mondo works-in-progress for some of their most popular ALIEN prints

* and lots more!
Just ordered, thanks for sharing Hicks.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2017, 06:21:19 PM
https://mondotees.com/products/alien-bmd

This issue also includes:

* An interview with ALIEN: COVENANT screenwriter John Logan

* An examination of the psychosexual nature of the ALIEN universe

* In-depth introductions to ALIEN and COVENANT director Ridley Scott, ALIEN screenwriter Dan O'Bannon and artist H.R. Giger

* Tributes to the incredible creature design of the ALIEN franchise, including the xenomorph, chestburster, facehugger and Engineers

* An exclusive look at the making of ALIEN: COVENANT

* Tons of one-of-a-kind art, including Mondo works-in-progress for some of their most popular ALIEN prints

* and lots more!
MONDO is making these available at the ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE screenings of COVENANT in Brooklyn, plus a Pint Glass, Tiki Mug, Pins etc.
https://drafthouse.com/nyc

Pvt. Himmel

Corporal Hicks

acidreign

When does that one come out?

SuicideDoors

So I read SFX in the supermarket yesterday. Well skimmed it. Not gonna buy it because the front cover is appalling. But read an interesting tidbit I had to doubletake on.

Please don't read if you don't want to be spoiled as it sounds pretty significant

Spoiler
Something about Daniels with "a Xenomorph's head on a stick" near the end of the film. SFX were on set. Maybe they got it confused with a neomorph who knows.
[close]

Also the article reveals Scott wanted the Practical Alien in any shot where it didn't require mo-cap or cgi. That isn't new I know but reaffirms his ambition to shoot everything real if he could.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed