The official He-Man: Masters of the Universe Thread

Started by Undeadite, Jan 29, 2009, 10:49:35 PM

Author
The official He-Man: Masters of the Universe Thread (Read 15,959 times)

Voodoo Magic

November 23rd!

Master Chief

Sweet!  I can binge watch during Thanksgiving while stuffing my face.  :)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 13, 2021, 03:07:55 PM

Solid plan! 👏

Kradan

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 13, 2021, 03:07:55 PM

Sounds like a delightful time-spending

Voodoo Magic

Master Chief

What a great trailer!

A friend of mine once said, "What a fun time it is to be a fan of the MOTU Universe." And I couldn't agree more!  8)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 28, 2021, 02:24:19 AM
What a great trailer!

A friend of mine once said, "What a fun time it is to be a fan of the MOTU Universe." And I couldn't agree more!  8)

Hah! My Man!

Immortan Jonesy

Voodoo Magic

Netflix has really become the home of Masters of the Universe hasn't it! 👏

Immortan Jonesy

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

QuoteTo end off on that, if you could tell the fans one thing about what you're aiming for with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, what would that be?

Aaron Nee: We're treating it a little bit like an origin story, and that's part of the inspiration behind casting Kyle Allen because he has that fresh wide-eyed wonder but is also just an incredible athlete. He's a great way to bring audiences back into Eternia and rediscover it together.

Adam Nee: I think it's the fun aspect, you know? I've heard from some fans that their dream [for Masters of the Universe] would sort of be like Lord of the Rings, but you can't have characters like Snout Spout in Lord of the Rings! So I think that we are maybe more in the Thor: Ragnarok kind of tone where it's a huge adventure film, but we have fun and there's a good amount of reverence in there as well.

Aaron Nee: We're not hiding from the wild, crazy aspects of the property. It's part of what made us love [He-Man] to begin with and we're embracing those elements as well.
Funny enough, I've been telling people for years that Thor: Ragnarok is a pretty good He-Man movie when you really think about it.

Adam Nee: You're right! It is the best He-Man movie ever.

https://discussingfilm.net/2022/04/26/the-lost-city-directors-aaron-and-adam-nee-talk-rom-com-success-and-masters-of-the-universe-exclusive-interview/

Cautiously optimistic about this one. There have been so many different attempts at this over the years that this one could easily go nowhere as well.

For example, David S. Goyer talked about his version last year:

QuoteI legitimately liked the script that we did," said Goyer, who, in 2017, was also in talks to direct the film. "What I liked the most about it was that it was mostly about a friendship between He-Man and Battle Cat. The idea was there had always been He-Men and different recipients of the Sword of Power, and that Battle Cat had always served at their side. And this was a new He-Man that Battle Cat and many people didn't think was worthy of the sword. So it was a story of the character earning the sword but, more importantly, earning the friendship of Battle Cat, who just thought this guy was a lightweight. I really liked it. I thought it was a fun story. There was a lot of humor in it, and it creeps up on you because Battle Cat sort of grudgingly accepts him, and it's Battle Cat's acceptance of He-Man that gave this version of the story heart.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/masters-of-the-universe-live-action-script-1234985358/

Which sounds pretty cool, not gonna lie.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

They should go with the original mini comics where He-Man is just a wandering barbarian. None of the prince Adam and Cringer alter ego nonsense.

nanison

Thundercats was the ultimate 80s sci fi sword and sorcery action show. It just threw all stuff little boys like into the mix and made it work. Swords, magic, spaceships, monsters, kung fu, lasers and a whole bunch of memorable heroes and villains in a unique world with endless possibilities!

I would rather see this show getting a revival. I never cared for He man, transformers, ninja turtles or GI Joe

And I haven't even mentioned the awesome intro music yet!

KiramidHead

He-Man has some cool characters, but I've never really watched much of the shows. The various reboot scripts I've read have all at least been interesting.

Immortan Jonesy

Is it true that He-Man was the first love of many nerds?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed