The official He-Man: Masters of the Universe Thread

Started by Undeadite, Jan 29, 2009, 10:49:35 PM

Author
The official He-Man: Masters of the Universe Thread (Read 16,041 times)

Local Trouble

kwisatz

Immortan Jonesy

Rankles75

Dachande

Dachande

I watched all 5 episodes last night, and didn't really see much of a problem, considering that this is only the first part of the series, i think it set up the latter half quite well. I think a lot of the people getting upset, are doing so based off of the spoilers, and havent actually watched any of the show themselves.

Granted im about 10 years too young to have watched the original show, but still.

Local Trouble

This may be one of those situations where Netflix should have just released the whole damn thing at once like they usually do.  Then again, getting people talking about the show is probably exactly what they wanted.

Dachande

Yeah, although im not really a fan of that.

Having to wait a week between episodes of something just feels better, and it becomes less of a mashed up mess when remembering stuff.

Nightmare Asylum

Can't speak for his show, I've never seen any previous iteration of He-Man and probably won't watch this, but also put me firmly in the "I prefer weekly releases" camp. Like Dachande said, episodes become more distinct and you can actually process what you're watching and treat each episode as its own thing, rather than one lump sum. Weekly releases keep people talking and speculating and help generate audiences that can hop on, rather than make people feel like they have to binge in the initial weekend and move on to consume the next thing... or miss out entirely.

Maybe if The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance had weekly releases, it might have actually found and audience and not had the rug prematurely pulled from under it. :(

Local Trouble

Highland

Highland

I'm up to episode 4, I kinda like it to be honest, nice animation, good story, characters seem well fleshed out so far.

I can totally see why the men children got a bit frothy though. The first 5 characters introduced in the second episode are all female (it's sorta gets a bit like...aight...so.....?)  then as the show gets deeper the men seem to almost get deliberately belitted,act like idiots or are given the side quest. Not to mention Teela seems unlikeable as the main character.

Doesn't bother me personally, I like the different direction and story so far. Could get a bit jarring if they go even harder in on it though.

Voodoo Magic

Count me as one (of the few?) who was a fan of the original 80's series and thoroughly enjoyed Netflix's Revelation. So enjoyable I'm watching it twice!

Local Trouble

I'm still withholding judgment until I see the second half of the season.  I can't imagine that they're going to actually get rid of He-Man.

Voodoo Magic

Agreed, and if they did I'd sing another tune.

But with the kind of surprisingly still large and loyal He-Man MOTU fanbase and Mattel Television behind the show and cranking out them new toys, I'm thinking the arc we've always been chasing here is when will Teela become...

Spoiler
the new Sorceress.
[close]

Master Chief

I'm a fan of the new CGI/Animated He-Man and the Masters of the Universe on Netflix.  It's geared towards kids, but I still enjoyed it.

Just a funny conversation between hero and villain.
Spoiler

He-Man:  Uncle Keldor?

Skeletor:  Please, call me Skeletor!

He-Man: Why?

Skeletor: Why?  Because th...the bones, my face, I'm a living skull!

Battlecat: Then shouldn't you be Skull-ator?
[close]
;D
Skeletor has some good puns!  He definitely has that 80s Skeletor vibe!

Voodoo Magic

I watched the first two episodes so far. Very good!

What a fun time it is to be a fan of the MOTU Universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed