Memory – The Origins Of Alien - New Alien Documentary On The Way

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 10, 2018, 05:38:04 AM

Author
Memory – The Origins Of Alien - New Alien Documentary On The Way (Read 59,270 times)

SiL

Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 05, 2019, 12:42:23 PM
I had flashbacks to sitting in my literary criticism classes at uni. I paused it two or three times to tidy my house  :-[
The crescent shape of the derelict means it represents death!

... not the fact it's a dead spaceship on a dead planet with a cargo of deadly organisms, no. It's the crescent shape.

Drukathi

Well, IMDB took this film with a pinch of salt.

Darwinsgirl

FYI   The current issue of Rue Morgue #190 has a 3 page article / review of Memory.

https://www.rue-morgue.com/?s=Memory

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: io9After premiering at Sundance earlier this year, the doc was picked up by Screen Media and the fan-owned entertainment company Legion M. Those fans helped decided on the film's theatrical poster, which io9 is excited to exclusively debut below.

https://twitter.com/io9/status/1171831295720247296

The Old One

The Old One

Nice poster.

T Dog

Really enjoyed this for the most part. Felt like such a loving tribute to O Bannon/Giger.
Thought it lost it's way a but 2/3 of the way through and went off on a bit of a tangent but overall I'd highly recommend it for Alien fans.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, but that's to be expected.

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

US only, pity the UK rarely gets anything lol.

HuDaFuK

Eh, the UK's had a fair few awesome exclusives over the years.

We got Aliens Live at the Royal Albert Hall, which I'd much rather than this :P

Corporal Hicks

We did get the early showings of Origins too. I'm happy to have had both to be fair.

Nightmare Asylum

My copy of this just arrived. About to give it a watch.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 20, 2019, 02:32:15 AM
Please report back once viewed. I haven't decided on whether or not to get this. I'm always on the lookout for archive footage from ALIEN. I've heard this borrows behind-the-scenes footage (heavily) from the 3hr 2003 ALIEN documentary.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 20, 2019, 02:40:32 AM
Please report back once viewed. I haven't decided on whether or not to get this. I'm always on the lookout for archive footage from ALIEN. I've heard this borrows behind-the-scenes footage (heavily) from the 3hr 2003 ALIEN documentary.

Watched maybe harlf of it last night before I crashed (maybe watching after a fifteen hour day wasn't the best :D ).

There is definitely a lot of archive footage. The most interesting comments so far have come from O'Bannon's wife, but overall so far Charles de Lauzirika's doc is much more comprehensive overall.

Going to watch the rest of this in a bit.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 20, 2019, 02:06:48 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 20, 2019, 02:40:32 AM

Watched maybe harlf of it last night before I crashed (maybe watching after a fifteen hour day wasn't the best :D ).

There is definitely a lot of archive footage. The most interesting comments so far have come from O'Bannon's wife, but overall so far Charles de Lauzirika's doc is much more comprehensive overall.

Going to watch the rest of this in a bit.
Thanks! I'd keep an eye out for any still images used throughout the documentary. There's a few I haven't seen before from the O'Bannon and Giger collections.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed