Katherine Waterston on Alien: Covenant 2 - "I Haven’t Heard Anything in Ages"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 24, 2018, 11:19:48 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston on Alien: Covenant 2 - "I Haven’t Heard Anything in Ages" (Read 29,683 times)

Corporal Hicks

It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything concrete about the next instalment in Sir Ridley Scott’s Alien prequel series. And we’re not the only one apparently. In a new interview with Metro (via Screenrant), Alien: Covenant’s Daniels – aka Katherine Waterston – reveals that she is as in the dark about the next one as we are:

"I have no idea. I always feel as though the actors are the last to know. But I also feel as though I could have a great deal to do in that film, or just be rolled out in a body bag."

I had heard some rumors about where it might go a long time ago that were really interesting to me and my character. But I haven't heard anything in ages.”

Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"

The last solid news we had regarding any future films was when 20th Century Fox CEO Stacey Snider revealed that Fox was waiting on Ridley Scott to find the “right story” for future Alien films. Pre-production on Alien: Covenant 2 was reportedly supposed to start in the Summer of 2017 but was cancelled following the disappointing Box Office results of Alien: Covenant.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant and Alien: Covenant 2! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

Samhain13

Samhain13

or just be rolled out in a body bag."

Haha I knew it. She is thinking Ridley will make David kill her character offscreen like he did with Shaw.

I barely liked her character but having another main character get killed like that is such a waste. Plus I get those Hicks and Newt ptsd flashbacks. If its a sequel bring her back or just make a reboot.

Scorpio

I really like her character and I want to see her return.  Great actress too.  But if Ridley decides to kill her off I'm cool with it.  Whatever serves the story best.

0321recon

Seeing how Covenant ended, she and Danny McBride's characters are going to be ending up dissected like Shaw. Though, I do hope if another film gets done, the engineers come and kick David's robotic ass.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 24, 2018, 11:19:48 PMPre-production on Alien: Covenant 2 was reportedly supposed to start in the Summer of 2017 but was cancelled following the disappointing Box Office results of Alien: Covenant.

It's still in pre-production on Imdb.
Not sure if that means anything.

Richman678

She probably wants to avoid it like the plague.

ELDERCLANLEADER

For all the sh*t alien 3 and resurrection gets , to me minus the beginning of alien 3 , they were far superior films to alien covenant and Prometheus , at least they knew what they wanted to be and stuck to their roots of being and out and out science fiction horror.

These prequels were nothing more than a quick half baked attempt by fox at breathing new life into the franchise, and desperately trying to pull away from the gigersm that had gone before, and personally I think they have failed quite spectacularly. Do away with the prequels and let's close Ripleys story properly! I want to see alien 5 and be scared sh*tless , not walking out of the cinema feeling underwhelmed by a prequel that doesn't know what it wants to be. Oh yeah I forgot the protomorph looked terrible in covenant, and when that's the films selling point there is no wonder the film found itself in trouble. Give neill blomkamp the shot at alien 5. We need a true alien film, that doesn't contradict what's gone before.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 25, 2018, 02:01:38 AM
For all the sh*t alien 3 and resurrection gets , to me minus the beginning of alien 3 , they were far superior films to alien covenant and Prometheus , at least they knew what they wanted to be and stuck to their roots of being and out and out science fiction horror.

These prequels were nothing more than a quick half baked attempt by fox at breathing new life into the franchise, and desperately trying to pull away from the gigersm that had gone before, and personally I think they have failed quite spectacularly. Do away with the prequels and let's close Ripleys story properly! I want to see alien 5 and be scared sh*tless , not walking out of the cinema feeling underwhelmed by a prequel that doesn't know what it wants to be. Oh yeah I forgot the protomorph looked terrible in covenant, and when that's the films selling point there is no wonder the film found itself in trouble. Give neill blomkamp the shot at alien 5. We need a true alien film, that doesn't contradict what's gone before.

I'd say both. Space is big enough for Prometheus type stuff and more Aliens.

Evanus

:-\

This is going to be a very long wait.

Whos_Nick

I doubt it's happening but we'll see

OpenMaw

Her character really didn't do anything for me. At least with Shaw I could respect her conviction, and her relationship with David by extension gave her some interesting elements. I love that exchange between her and David when they're going out for how strongly it established who those two characters were. "Don't we all wish our parents dead?" "I didn't."

With Waterston's character I honestly didn't feel anything. It was a completely flat-line.

Huggs

Huggs

I hear ya, Elderclanleader. It does feel like they've yet to figure out exactly where this is going or what is being said. Not to say that heading towards something in particular is a bad thing. I wouldn't mind a larger goal for the franchise. I can understand there are people who wouldn't just want to see one movie after another where it was just an alien and a new crew, over and over again. What do I honestly think the overall life cycle of this series should've been?

Alien 3 should've been Gibson's Alien 3. Over the course of maybe another 2 films, Hicks and others wound up caught in a fight between the company and the Alien. All culminating in a visit to the Alien homeworld. A true Giger world. Absolute hell. Maybe there would be some kind of God/Devil xeno, or just an ancient queen. Maybe at some point in the movies, Hicks and company would go to the derelict on lv-426 and use it to trace the xeno back to the Giger world. I would've loved to see that. Maybe you could even have Ripley brought back in to face them one last time and she sacrifices herself in a detonation of the alien megahive. The series could've even ended on a cliffhanger. A single surviving egg in company possession. Something getting loose on earth or a survivor starting to heave from a chestburster.

Would I liked to have seen something after this? Absolutely. I'm a fan of Alien and Alien 3. The whole Aliens thing isn't my bag, but that's where the series felt like it was honestly progressing from Aliens.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Huggs that's the sort of sequel I want to see too bro.  Something that pays true homage to giger and builds on his style, and keeps ripley and co in the loop.

The fact alien covenant was in early production when giger died and there was no mention of him at all in the film , not even a " in loving memory " (and if there was they kept it pretty dam hidden )

even the protomorph had all the gigerism squeezed out of it,
It was like they were intentionally trying to rewrite history and I think it is a disgrace of a film. Especially when it was on Ridleys watch. They couldn't lay a bigger turd on the guy even if they tried.

I feel that strongly about this that I will never pay to watch a Ridley scott film again. It's the principle to me and it was completely out of order by fox and scott. Something I'll never forgive them for.

Evanus

Now now, that's a bit exaggerated don't you think. Covenant had some good Giger elements, and it seems they wanted to have more, but weren't allowed to for some reason. Hopefully Ridley's next film will have more Giger.

ELDERCLANLEADER

I don't think it is an exaggeration at all , it's the truth , are you telling me that they couldn't  put a " in loving memory " at the end out of respect?

And where was the gigerism you are talking about?

Prometheus had some sure but covenant ? We must not be watching the same film pal. It's not difficult, it's not hard , it's just lazy and selfish. And if it is down to fox which I think it is , Ridley should of had a backbone and said " you either let me make my film the way I intend and include the gigerism I want , or I walk"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed