Sequel needed??

Started by carlp06, Dec 31, 2006, 08:25:19 PM

Author
Sequel needed?? (Read 17,654 times)

carlp06

carlp06

Ive been playing this game all the time for the past week n was readin what everyone was saying about the game.
Do you think a sequel should be made for next-gen consoles n pc????
And not made by ZONO. ???

Darkness

Darkness

I'd definitely love to have a sequel to Extinction - assuming it would be on PC. Then they could add all the features missing from the first one.

I don't think Zono did anything wrong per say. They just weren't given enough development time.

carlp06

carlp06

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 31, 2006, 08:29:03 PM
They just weren't given enough development time.
Do you know when they started development on it??

Darkness

Darkness

No, don't know when they started work on it. It was originally called Aliens: Natural Selection (or AvP: Natural Selection) I think which was for X-Box. They then announced AvP Extinction in February 2003 and by then it was already midway through development.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I sequel would be cool but it'd have to be on the PC. And Fox would have to actually give it to a decent developer.

Meathead320

Meathead320

The first was fun, the game mechanics I loved.

The Problems they would need to fix in a sequel is this:

Bigger level maps. Like 4* bigge.

Randomly generated level maps.

More levels.

Online play. PC would be nice too, but I would still like to see is come out on the consoles.

Better use of Next gen graphics.

Change the size of the character, especially Aliens as they molt, and change the way they look other than just colors.

That is an example: War Epress could like like the AVP Queen, and be a littl ebit bigger than the regular Queen who should look like the one from A2.

Other than that keep the General Alien colors more black/brown, none of that blue stuff. I just thought that looked dumb.

Avpvet2006

Avpvet2006

Hell yeah a sequel but on PC. with all of these:
Aliens

Drone: The weakest of the full-sized Aliens. This worker unit is lightly armored. Drones are produced by Rynths and have the special ability to lay down Hive Nodes for the cost of food. Upgrade: Ability to attack by spitting Acid.

Runner: An average fighter with exceptional speed, the Runner attacks by biting its opponents. Runners have an alternate pounce attack, which increases the damage of its opening assault. Upgrade: Capacity to infect enemies making them sick and vulnerable.

Warrior: The Warrior is an excellent all-around fighter produced by Kriltics and Marines. Upgrade: Ability to return to hive to regenerate when heavily wounded.

Carrier: An Alien unit that is morphed from an upgraded Praetorian. Carrier units can carry up to six Facehuggers on their backs. Upgrade: Power to carry up to 24 facehuggers.

Predalien: The Predalien is a heavily armored, yet relatively slow, Alien unit. This tough Alien is produced by Predators and can withstand a significant number of hit points. Upgrade: Vampiric ability allows Predaliens to gain total hit points by killing enemies.

Ravager: Morphed from a Praetorian, the Ravager is the most devastating Alien fighter. Any unit killed by a Ravager dies instantly, which excludes it from being used as a viable host.

Praetorian: One step below the Alien Queen, the Praetorians are fast and can inflict devastating amounts of damage on their opponents. A Praetorian can become Queen if the current Queen on the map is killed. Upgrade: Cabability to morph into either a Carrier or a Ravager.

Queen: The largest and most formidable Alien unit, only one Queen can exist at any time. The Queen produces Eggs by excreting an eggsack, but while on the eggsack, she cannot move or attack. Upgrade: Hyperfertility allows the Queen to lay eggs containing up to eight Facehuggers.

Predators

Brawler: The Brawler possesses average skills in melee combat, but this Predator's effective range is very short. Upgrade: Once upgraded, the Brawler inflicts double damage when hit points get low.

Warrior: The Warrior is a ranged Predator armed with a Shoulder Cannon. The Shoulder Cannon is capable of a fair amount of damage and has good range. Upgrade: Addition of the Scatter Caster, which fires multiple plasma blasts that fan out from the Shoulder Cannon.

Hunter: This Predator wields a Disc weapon that exacts a large amount of damage. The Hunter must wait for the Disc to return to him before he can attack again. Upgrades:The devastating Triple Strike allows the Hunter to throw three Discs at once at a single enemy.

Blooded: The Blooded Predator attacks with a Spear weapon, which is capable of hitting all targets surrounding him at once. Upgrade: Upgrading this unit introduces the Plasma Spear, which adds plasma damage to the raw spear damage.

Silent: A sniper unit with very long range, the Silent Predator brandishes deadly spears that do damage over time. Upgrade: Turns ordinary spears into tracking devices, which allow Silent Predators to see enemy line of sight.

Hydra: This military Predator is armed with the Hydra, which fires bursts of energy at multiple targets, and will automatically acquire a target if left to its own devices. When manually targeted, the Hydra concentrates all of its fire on a single enemy.

Blazer: Armed with the Blazer, this military Predator wields a laser beam that sweeps and burns multiple enemies in one burst. Although this unit cannot Cloak, it is heavily armored and has the ability to Medicomp. Upgrades: This unit, when upgraded, comes equipped with dual Blazer cannons.

Marines

Pulse Rifle Marine: Basic Marine unit armed with the powerful Pulse Rifle machinegun. Upgrade: Grenade Launcher attachment and Acid armor.

Medic Marine: Healing Marine unit with ability to heal friendly Marine units. Medic heals any nearby wounded units, or you can order Medic to heal specific units. Upgrade: Ability to heal permanent damage and other negative effects.

Flamethrower Marine: Flamethrower Marine with Alien Protection Environmental Suit. Suit provides increased resistance to Alien acid and prevents wearer from being face-hugged while alive. Upgrade: Enhanced Flamethrower that causes longer lasting burns.

Sniper Marine: Marine armed with deadly accurate Sniper Rifle. Rifle has long range and does a large amount of damage. Downside is its long cool time. Upgrade: Sledgehammer upgrade, which improves Sniper Rifle performance.

Smartgun Marine: Marine unit armed with a Smartgun, which inflicts a massive amount of damage. Upgrade: Explosive shells that exponentially increase standard Smartgun damage.

Synthetic: Scout Marine armed with Motion Tracker and Pistol. The pistol does only a small amount of damage, but its Motion Tracker uncovers cloaked or hidden enemy units. Because it is an artificial human, the Synthetic does not set off Alien Eggs. Upgrade: Combat Mods that evolve the Synthetic into a better attacking unit.

CommTech Marine: The CommTech is where the Marine commander requests new units and equipment to be delivered by the Dropship. Additionally, he has the ability to detect and uncover cloaked or hidden units. Upgrade: Adds the ability to call in Air Strikes.

SADAR Marine: Marine with SADAR Rocket Launcher which deals a lot of damage at the point of impact and a smaller amount of damage in the area surrounding its target. The SADAR is limited by a long cool time and a minimum firing range. Upgrade: Enhance the SADAR with Guided Rockets.

EpsilonOrpheon777

EpsilonOrpheon777

so i've never played it
mainly because the graphics didn't look like the developers even put time into it
but you all seem to enjoy it?

Darkness

Darkness

Graphics aren't everything.

Dachande

Dachande

^ Agreed

And when games are RTS's the graphics are rarely amazing, look at Age fo Empires 2, hardly breathtaking graphics. But people who only get a game because of the graphics annoy me, especially the people who say things such as 'PS3 is much better than the 360 and Wii because it has better graphics'....however my good friend 'Mr. Sales' tends to disagree. It shouldnt matter whether or not the graphics are good as long as the game is fun to play....which it is..

Dingo

Dingo

Quote from: Dachande2311 on Mar 04, 2007, 11:23:46 PM
look at Age fo Empires 2,

OMG, that game is awesome! And I think I'm going to get AVP: Extinction, from what I've seen and noticed it looks alot like starcraft, is that bad to assume?

Clemsonkid21

Clemsonkid21

Quote from: EpsilonOrpheon on Mar 04, 2007, 05:42:41 PM
so i've never played it
mainly because the graphics didn't look like the developers even put time into it
but you all seem to enjoy it?

graphics arn't everything so you need to check it out --the worst part is when the aliens shoot acid -- other than that it is ok -- and they deffinately need to make a sequal because it would be even better with better graphics

-----ALIENS RULE!!!!!!!1

Predboy

Predboy

Yeah they should definately make a sequel for extinction. Its a fun game.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

No online play sucked.

Need a selection of non campaign based maps for people that have already played through the campaign and just want to kill time against the comp (or human allies/oponents).

I also think you'd have to go bigger before and include things like the APC and dropships.  Since you've already thrown praetorians, ravagers, and carriers it probably wouldn't hurt to add one or two flying units to the alien side.

Then I'd follow what starcraft did.  Zerg were the cheapest, most mobile, and numerous (aka the aliens), the Protoss had the most powerful weapons and units in the majority of area (aka preds), and the humans are a mix of the two.  And like the FPS counterparts, probably the easiest for us "human" gamers to master (terrans are indeed my favorite race of starcraft).

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Yes and actually make it stand up to other RTS games, now that's when i would start to REALLY, REALLY get excited.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed