New EW Still

Started by ace3g, Jul 14, 2018, 12:02:17 AM

Author
New EW Still (Read 27,868 times)

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 18, 2018, 08:59:32 PM
I bet it has no need for predator technology. All of it will be genetically encoded into the creature. Complete with plasma caster breath. I mean wouldn't you do the same thing? Why lug all that crap around when it could just be a part of you.

Hahahahha It's going to be like in Shane's Iron Man 3 scene "You breathe fire....ok"
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/84dd3eaf-24e0-4af6-bc41-3751e528bbb3

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: azamultic on Jul 18, 2018, 09:17:37 PM
I bet it has no need for predator technology. All of it will be genetically encoded into the creature. Complete with plasma caster breath. I mean wouldn't you do the same thing? Why lug all that crap around when it could just be a part of you.

Hahahahha It's going to be like in Shane's Iron Man 3 scene "You breathe fire....ok"

The fire breathing has already been done. It's time for making use, of the other end.

D88M

D88M

Iugh, that screencap is just iugh, anyway i think is ironic that the upgraded predator looks like a caveman predator, it looks prehistoric and primitive, i bet that the genetic manipulation did the opposite of what the predator wanted and then he became like a mindless animal or something like that, maybe he broke the rules by doing that and there are other regular predators trying to hunt him down.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: D88M on Jul 18, 2018, 10:39:55 PM
Iugh, that screencap is just iugh, anyway i think is ironic that the upgraded predator looks like a caveman predator, it looks prehistoric and primitive, i bet that the genetic manipulation did the opposite of what the predator wanted and then he became like a mindless animal or something like that, maybe he broke the rules by doing that and there are other regular predators trying to hunt him down.

I'm seeing a strong division between graceful cheetah Predator and prehistoric caveman Predator - I'll just have to take his word for it and wait for the movie, but I honestly don't see how what we are seeing and what he is describing will be encompassed in the same creature.  Movie magic perhaps  :-X A good dose of it.

Nathsp

Nathsp

If that thing uses firebreath or plasma eye shots i leave the cinema, seriously, and from '' shame'' black i expect this kind of shits

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 18, 2018, 09:23:35 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Jul 18, 2018, 09:17:37 PM

The fire breathing has already been done. It's time for making use, of the other end.

How bout farting poisonous gas?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 19, 2018, 02:35:21 AM
How bout farting poisonous gas?

Maybe that's how he'll skin them. Or skull taking. He could just use it like an old bottle opener

prototypeXIII

prototypeXIII

"I wanted a certain more graceful, more light, more athletic quality, literally like a predator."
-So, like a xenomorph. Got it.

Eye balling it, they are roughly the same height.  The pred mask gives the actor about an extra 6 or so inches in height.  But with movie magic, it'll probably appear 1ft taller than the actor, maybe a bit more.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: prototypeXIII on Jul 19, 2018, 04:25:16 AM
"I wanted a certain more graceful, more light, more athletic quality, literally like a predator."
-So, like a xenomorph. Got it..
Spot on. And they too stopped being scary since they were used as bullet sponges and standard movie monsters.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: prototypeXIII on Jul 19, 2018, 04:25:16 AM
-So, like a xenomorph. Got it.

Eye balling it, they are roughly the same height.  The pred mask gives the actor about an extra 6 or so inches in height.  But with movie magic, it'll probably appear 1ft taller than the actor, maybe a bit more.

Wou wou, Boyd Holbrook is ‎6 ft 2 in (1.88 m), when Brian A Prince is 6' 9½" (2.07 m) they have pretty big difference in height.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

What we see is brute force pred but Shane says it's cheetah like... yup. Indominus Pred is what we have here. Probably can natively cloak and create bone like weapons. I bet it has no need for predator technology. All of it will be genetically encoded into the creature. Complete with plasma caster breath. I mean wouldn't you do the same thing? Why lug all that crap around when it could just be a part of you.

Yeah no need for technology, that's probably why he has two wrists gauntlets...

The Old One

The Old One

Maybe the left wrist gauntlet is his plasma caster or ranged weapon, like the ancient Predator from the Primal Hunt expansion. It could also be his cloaking device, his Swiss army knife device.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 19, 2018, 12:41:02 PM
Maybe the left wrist gauntlet is his plasma caster or ranged weapon, like the ancient Predator from the Primal Hunt expansion. It could also be his cloaking device, his Swiss army knife device.

Actually, in the script
Spoiler
he does not cloak. And he has 2 weapons wrist mounted. An ion-cannon and a projectile arrow weapon.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

So I was half-right.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 17, 2018, 03:38:29 PM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 17, 2018, 02:03:44 PM
Its just lazy and the most unimaginative thing possible to slap tits on something just to call it female. It's some of the worst trash to come out of the fan fiction. The other ways to depict sexual dimophisim especially with something that is clear not mammalian.  It just has a humanoid body shape. It's not human nor need tits to feed tits young.

It's alien so the argument that they are reptiles is moot too. As far as we can visually see, from the films' standpoint, they have just as many similar characteristics  to mammals/primates as they do to reptiles. I can respect people wanting to keep it more mysterious and unfamiliar because they're  ALIEN, but saying that people are unimaginative because they speculate it could be similar is stupid. Though giving them gigantic breasts would be ridiculous- no doubt.

Uh no, the "its an alien, so like it can be whatever" argument is just juvenile reasoning at best. Caused by a lack of understanding of how biology works and the difference between a human aka homo sapiens, and a humanoid which is just a form. The predator has a humanoid form with almost entirely reptilian and amphibian physical traits. There is nothing mammalian about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed