An idea for two multiplayer modes!

Started by Salt The Fries, Oct 23, 2014, 07:19:48 PM

Author
An idea for two multiplayer modes! (Read 706 times)

Salt The Fries

I've always been thinking of multiplayer ideas for this game. Not really anything grand or deathmatch-based but rather something that nicely ties in with the game's mechanics.

First mode: co-op, up to four human players are scattered, each of them possesses some strategic pieces of equipment that enables them to successfully repel xenomorph provided they stick to the plan and cooperate together; the game of course should be made in that way so that even if only one player remains, it is possible to repel Xenomorph; originally I thought of only 1 Xenomorph, of course AI-based, not human-controlled, but maybe there should be next rounds with possibly more Xenos, like 2 or 3 ones even...

Second mode: Human survivors, Working Joes and Alien - competitive multiplayer with playable humans and Working Joes with teams up to 4; Humans want to escape / repel the Xenomorph whereas Working Joes are all about ensuring safety protocols and safeguard strategic terminals and do other maintenance tasks while at the same time they'd patrol and dispatch any trespassers; there should be milestone points for various tasks performed both by Working Joes and humans alike; on the downside, it could be imbalanced due to the fact Alien doesn't attack Working Joes, and the fact the engine wasn't probably build with playable Working Joes in mind;

What do you think?

Bigticket

I think mode similar to Alien 3 ending chase would be fun. Of course we all know CA isnt intrested in Multiplayer mode for Alien Isolation, but Fiorina map and Dog alien chasing few people around would be fun expierience to have online.

esz

esz

As much as I'd like A:I to have multiplayer, I just don't see it working.

Your first idea could work, but at any point at least two players wouldn't be bothered by the alien. You could add Joes, but I don't like them that much.

The second idea just wouldn't work, period. Joes would be instant winners - stronger than humans and invisible to aliens. On the other hand, people would be instant losers. Joes and aliens would be as smart as them, and that means they'd just check every possible hiding spot in the area where they spotted a human. It's not like they'd see a closet and just went by, like the AI does. Flamethrower would be useless (players already know it doesn't hurt the alien), noisemakers would be useless (it would just reveal that a human is nearby), and so on.

If somebody asked me for an idea for a multiplayer mode, I'd say: one player is in a safe spot and has a motion tracker - like Lambert in the movie - and he has to guide the second player, who doesn't have a motion tracker. It'd require a headset, but it'd be fun, I think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed