AvP2 and Reshade 2.0

Started by yaji, Apr 21, 2016, 06:53:45 AM

Author
AvP2 and Reshade 2.0 (Read 17,966 times)

yaji

yaji

Hi guys, I figured out something noice. But at first, few screenies:

And some other screenies:

https://imgur.com/a/8jJtc

Ok, looks nice, but for sure its fake as fsck, right? AvP2 is DirectX7 game, and Reshade don't work with old crap like that. But what if I tell you that I found Dx7 to Dx11 wrapper?

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2.html

Have fun guys. I'm having it, I spent last night messing with ambient occlusion, depth of field, bloom, and truck load of different post process effects  ;D

x-M-x

x-M-x

Looks Fantastic,

And nice to see you're still around. i thought you bolted long ago.

Time to make a High Quality Pack 3.0 now yeah?

Good Good

let us know.

;)

Olde

Olde

I recall seeing something like this before. Can't remember where, though. Definitely worth pursuing further.

Lucifero

Lucifero

i agree Olde worth pursuing further.
a pre directx environment
if only there were a way to re-use them, perhaps all the incompatibility issues with the new OS would be solved
i know they are useless
https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=directx.html

(html page on avp2 silver dvd Italian)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Hey,

Just installed it, works like a charm minus the few bug that make the mouse popup in front of the screen.
It gives a whole new breath to the game graphics, many thanks!

Cya

yaji

yaji

I think those mouse issues are caused by Dx7 -> Dx11 wrapper. I'm looking for some other options, like dx to opengl. Also, this Reshade injector is rather heavy, good old AvP2 is consuming 3GB of graphic memory on my system now :]

Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 21, 2016, 08:19:34 AM
Looks Fantastic,

And nice to see you're still around. i thought you bolted long ago.

Time to make a High Quality Pack 3.0 now yeah?

Good Good

let us know.

;)

AvP2 stopped working for me after I switched from ATI to Nvidia, thats few years now :P Player first time for years after I found out dgVoodoo wrapper, and instantly started to checking if ENB, SweetFX or ReShade (bingo!) could be used to pimp AvP2 a little bit.

Also, no new mods from me, I have job now and no time for modding ;/

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Good to know! I'll try to dig a bit into it too!
I'll let you know if I find something.

I'm gonna play more with color correction.
It gives a whole new breath to the game graphics!

Thanks again for sharing ;)

KingKenny

KingKenny

Thanks for sharing. There was someone else working on something like this. I think it wasn't released though.

This changes things. I will tinker with the settings.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Playing around with the settings:

yaji

yaji

If I can suggest some settings, I recommend:

AMBIENTOCCLUSION (AO_METHOD 1, AO_SHARPNESS_DETECT 1, iSSAOSAmples 24) - it will give you lots of new shadows and add lots of deapth to the scene.
BLOOM by Ganossa - will give you sweet lighting effects on sky, lamps and muzzle fires.
LENSDIRT - will add an effect of "dirty screen" when you look at some powerful light sources. Its nice, trust me.
LENZFLARE - just a simple lens flare, looks nice on outpost4 and colony
TECHNICOLOR - for old movie like colors.
FILMGRAIN - it will add some noise to the scene.
AMBIENTLIGHT - not sure what it does, but I have it turned on.
FXAA - for anti aliasing. The Dx7 to 11 wrapper doesn't allow to use multi-sampling I think.
CA - for chromatic aberration. The default values might be a bit too strong.

Oh and check RBM - I won't tell you what does it do, but trust me, you will like it. But my GTX660 is too slow to handle it.

JP

JP

How much fps are ppl getting with this? I'm at an average of 60-50 in my machine

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: yaji on Apr 22, 2016, 06:34:55 PM

FXAA - for anti aliasing. The Dx7 to 11 wrapper doesn't allow to use multi-sampling I think.
the old games were provided with their own DX.
AVP2 was supplied with a beta version of DX8 not 7
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX
in the past I did some research and it seems that this particular type of dx was withdrawn from the market because it had to do with one of the first technologies of stereoscopic 3D. we speak of the old red and green glasses.
removed from the market because they could cause seizures.

yaji

yaji

The wrapper supports everything starting from Dx1 to Dx8. Sweet right? You can enhance almost any game you want.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I tried it on some of my own levels but it dropped the framerate pretty hard in some areas. Looks nice though.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Same here, I can hardly pull more than 32fps (but average is at 22-25fps) on my 580 gtx.
RMB is awesome, and for some reason, increases a bit the frame rate (it doesn't make sense).
Would love to push it if only I had better gpu.

It looks beautiful though, a whole new breath to the game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed