AICN David Fincher Interview

Started by Darkness, Dec 31, 2007, 07:34:05 PM

Author
AICN David Fincher Interview (Read 15,392 times)

Ultimate-Predalien

Ultimate-Predalien

I agree with Mr. Weyland, alien 3 was a good movie and it definietly had style......

Kinn Corn Karn

I LOVE Alien 3 and it still pisses me off that the a$$hole execs had to screw that movie up! It had so many great things going for it until the suits stepped in! Fincher did an amazing job considering the scrutiny and constant script changes that were thrown at him at the last minute. No wonder he hates talking about it.

Optimus Maximus Virus

Optimus Maximus Virus

I quite liked alien 3! david fincher is a good director!    :D  

howells

howells

i love finchers movies. he did a good job on A3,yeah it could have been better but after reading his interview we realise why it was lacking. i think if he had been able to make the movie he wanted it may well have been up there with A1+A2.it was still a lot better than RESURECTION,i mean it had humour in it for gods sake! the last 20mins of that movie were awful!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Unfortunately, 'Alien 3' also had unmemorable (and, for the most part, indistinguishable) characters, dialogue which often consisted of little more than constant swearing and, worst of all, for a horror film, no actual scary moments.

SHREK

SHREK

i thought alien 3 was quite scary..

daniel clavette

daniel clavette

That was bery cool interview.

Hunters Moon

Hunters Moon

Alien 3 was a great film and could have been better! if it wasn't for fox. david fincher is a great and stylish director.....alien 3 was dark, scary, it had a bleak atmosphere, alien ressurection was shit! and so was avp

eXhale

eXhale

Alien 3 is the most atmospheric movie that is attached to the alien franchise... very slow but also very creepy!

Ty

Ty

Ever since AVP-R was released in theaters this site has had dumb news, sorry but thats what I think. Also, is it true AVP-R comes out on DVD April?    ???  

herrwest

herrwest

The only thing i was dissappointed with in Alien 3 was the way they animated the Alien with too much stop motion.  Other than that it had the mood of an Alien movie and a good story with interesting characters, and of course killing off Hicks and Newt so fast, but that even works because the Alien world is a brutal one.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

The elements of Alien 3 are what Alien Resurrection and AVP lacked: atmosphere.  You have all the scum of the universe on a prison planet and a xenomorph picking them off one by one so the sense of escaping and outwitting this dragon is paramount to survival.  Stop motion was all the rage back in the 80's and 90's so of course they're gonna use it, like todays overuse of CGI.  Overall how many people will say Resurrection and AVP topped Alien 3?

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

The reson why I dont like Alien 3 was beacuse I was so exited about the aliens being on Earth. They didnt. Also they killed Bishop, Newt, and HICKS in the most brutal manner. So I dont go with A3, A4, and AVP of course. I did like AVPR.

Anomaly

Anomaly

A3 mostly has technicality nitpicks as the reasons it sucked to many. People didnt like the story direction but guess what... at least it HAD story with strong actors. That in itself should show why it was worthy. What theyre spitting out now cant even be called movies.

bluemonday

bluemonday

Alien 3 is a fantastic film in every way, on par with Aliens but not as good as Alien.  Then again, nothing is as good as Alien.  AvP and AVPR were garbage.  Especially AvPR, what a disgrace.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed