Early Prometheus Script Not Alien-Related

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 23, 2011, 05:40:10 PM

Author
Early Prometheus Script Not Alien-Related (Read 10,928 times)

Corporal Hicks

And to add even more confusion over whether Prometheus is Alien related or not, Dark Horizons have just posted this:

“Another source shot me a message today having read an early draft of the  script saying that a “bioweapons planet” is the only link to the  “Alien” films in it and it’s a tenuous one at best.”

Key thing to note there is that the source talks of an early draft. The shooting draft may have been changed if SkyMovie’s contact is correct. Thanks to Darkoo for the news.

TheTrekman

That early script could be Shadow 19 since it seems like Prometheus is based off of that script.

If anything, early drafts of Prometheus should be more related to Alien since it started out as an Alien Prequel.

Corporal Hicks

Could be referring to Lindelof's earlier stuff? Who f**king knows now.

dandan

well thers space jockeys in this thers too much evidence

DaddyYautja

Why is this even news at this point? The back and forth is silly now.
Let's just wait for official info cause this isnt providing any new light on the flick.

arachnophilia

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2011, 05:40:10 PM
<p>And to add even more confusion over whether Prometheus is Alien related or not, <a href=\"http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19609/animatronic-space-jockey-in-prometheus-\" target=\"_blank\">Dark Horizons</a> have just posted this:</p><p><em>"Another source shot me a message today having read an early draft of the  script saying that a "bioweapons planet" is the only link to the  "Alien" films in it and it's a tenuous one at best."</em></p><p>Key thing to note there is that the source talks of an early draft. The shooting draft may have been changed if SkyMovie's contact is correct. Thanks to Darkoo for the news.</p><p><a href=\"http://www.avpgalaxy.net/?p=4424\">Link To Post</a>

if the bit about the "jockey" is correct, that's a fairly strong link. so both of these can't be correct.

emperorjordan

The Jock's definitely in it.

However, what we don't know is whether the Alien is - although the Fassbender interview suggests likely - and/or the extent.

In the meantime, our heads can collectively explode in all the ambiguity.   :o

Byohzrd

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Feb 23, 2011, 07:47:07 PM
Why is this even news at this point? The back and forth is silly now.
Let's just wait for official info cause this isnt providing any new light on the flick.
THIS^
anything that doesn't come from an official source , it shouldn't be bothered to be posted because it just confuses use more and more.

predxeno

I wouldn't mind if the Aliens were or weren't in it, same with the Space Jockey, I just don't want the Alien's origins explained.

Federick Gonsa

^We already know the origin of the aliens. God created them.

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Feb 24, 2011, 04:00:57 AM
^We already know the origin of the aliens. God created them.

God must be one f**ked-up son of a bitch. Film at eleven.

As for this news, I suggest we jump to conclusions immediately.

SM

Sharp Sticks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed