Horizontal derelict?

Started by Infected, Feb 18, 2012, 09:36:13 PM

Author
Horizontal derelict? (Read 10,202 times)

LarsVader

LarsVader

On a somewhat relatednote,
the structure seen beneath the "flying saucer" seems to be part of the natural surroundings:

Infected

Infected

Nice Lars.

If this isnt a human structure like a big house for a big company executive in the movie then my first and most simple thought would be. a new race? the saucer is to clean for jockey tech in my opinion.

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

Quote from: Infected on Feb 21, 2012, 09:10:20 PM
Nice Lars.

If this isnt a human structure like a big house for a big company executive in the movie then my first and most simple thought would be. a new race? the saucer is to clean for jockey tech in my opinion.

It is, and the designs on it are not anything like those on the derelict. As there is no possibility of another race of humans evolving seperately elsewhere in the galaxy then this could be the link between us and the very human head on that planet.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: LarsVader on Feb 21, 2012, 08:18:05 PM
On a somewhat relatednote,
the structure seen beneath the "flying saucer" seems to be part of the natural surroundings:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Iceland_Dettifoss_1972_B.jpg/800px-Iceland_Dettifoss_1972_B.jpg

Great find, thank you.  I was getting kind of sick of hearing people claim that there was a structure between the saucer and the waterfall, seeming as I just wasn't seeing it myself.  At last we can put that theory to rest.

Toy

Toy

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Feb 21, 2012, 10:15:10 PM
Nice Lars.

It is, and the designs on it are not anything like those on the derelict. As there is no possibility of another race of humans evolving seperately elsewhere in the galaxy then this could be the link between us and the very human head on that planet.

Because they're so human it definitely suggests a link between the two species in the movie. Although, some people propose that if intelligent alien life exists it would end up somewhat similar to us because evolution takes predictable paths. If some other mysterious species that mans the saucers created both, and gave the tall guys their terraforming/advanced tech, then the tall guys could be 1000's of years more advanced than us and extremely resource hungry.

http://www.space.com/10578-study-fear-aliens-dangerous-extraterrestrials.html

http://www.space.com/8288-aliens-exist-stephen-hawking.html

nendo

nendo

I dont know if its just me but comparing all them pictures in the previous posts but the saucer seems to be alot smaller than i originaly thought it was

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: nendo on Feb 22, 2012, 04:20:14 PM
I dont know if its just me but comparing all them pictures in the previous posts but the saucer seems to be alot smaller than i originaly thought it was
Do you see the people in there on the right?

And besides they might go for another scale, just crank up the camera speed and don't put people into frame and you get a much larger waterfall, if it isn't large enough allready.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Malakak on Feb 22, 2012, 03:46:36 PM
Quote from: bunnyavpg on Feb 21, 2012, 10:15:10 PM
Nice Lars.

Because they're so human it definitely suggests a link between the two species in the movie. Although, some people propose that if intelligent alien life exists it would end up somewhat similar to us because evolution takes predictable paths. If some other mysterious species that mans the saucers created both, and gave the tall guys their terraforming/advanced tech, then the tall guys could be 1000's of years more advanced than us and extremely resource hungry.

http://www.space.com/10578-study-fear-aliens-dangerous-extraterrestrials.html

http://www.space.com/8288-aliens-exist-stephen-hawking.html
What if alien life understands the benefit or the meaning of growth and evolution.
And they dont attack us head on but we are already under attack by changing us and our systems bit by bit while we think its all natural.
And there life time is much and much longer because of there intelligence of life.
We as humans are in a state of illusion that our development or growth depends on money while in other lifeforms its all about solving problems and making the next step in mental growth development and other stuff.
Kinda like the thing were we are born with but when we grow up we lose that fighting spirit cos our world teaches not to go that path.

aliennaire

aliennaire

There are some solid thoughts about our materilal development, prevailing over mental one, Infected, and I like your theorizing about what the way would other race took, if they were not so interested in making fortunes...

LarsVader, you did a hell of a job, analyzing pictures and seeking for sources of Prometheus' landscapes, well done!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed