Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 18, 2012, 05:52:04 AM

Author
Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images (Read 84,495 times)

SM

SM

QuoteOr maybe they did and we just don't know it.

Pity no one from there helped the Hadley colonists.

whiterabbit

If engineers are supposed to be gods... what's the problem with creating a moon or two from scratch?

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 21, 2012, 03:12:45 AM
I guess Z2R moved about 4 light years further away, and the gas giant gained another moon (and on that moon was the Derelict) in the intervening 30 years.

And WY and the ECA chose a much more difficult planet to terraform...

Sounds plausible.

boostedlsj

Damn now that link to the deleted scenes has been removed. I really want to show these to my fiance. Can anyone help me out. Maybe somebody here dowloaded them or knows where to go to watch the scenes. Thanks guys!

SM

SM

DVD will be out soon enough.

Promethée

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 21, 2012, 06:07:29 AM
If engineers are supposed to be gods... what's the problem with creating a moon or two from scratch?

They are not supposed to be gods, just an advanced species.
Actually it's likely they are evolved humans.

Darth Vile

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 20, 2012, 10:08:05 PM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 20, 2012, 09:32:17 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Sep 20, 2012, 07:22:53 PM
That's why the build-up works so well- he walks in calmly, surveys his surroundings, actually seems to be interested in what he sees, and when he sees her, you can tell he's not lashing out because Grrrr Monster Argh- there's clearly something going on in his mind.

I can't see that... I just see more of the giant carrot man from The Thing From Another World and or Boris Karloff's monster.
And in the first two Karloff Frankenstein films, there was something going on his mind.
Same with The Thing From Another World and the Predator. Sure a sentient being, but they hardly come across as super intelectuals capable of kick-starting 'life as we know it'. Perhaps they are not supposed to be all powerful/intelectual... but I thought that was one of the weaker elements of the movie. I don't think this is particularly helpded by the extended version as it makes the engineers behaviour seem more irrational and less inteligent.

SiL

SiL

From the deleted scenes and the finished movie I'm left with the impression that they never knew quite what it was they wanted out of the Engineers as actual characters in the film. Probably would've been better off staying dead.

Salt The Fries

^ I can see your point. At least they'd get to wait to the sequel to settle on what to do with them...

Darth Vile

Quote from: SiL on Sep 21, 2012, 09:11:23 AM
From the deleted scenes and the finished movie I'm left with the impression that they never knew quite what it was they wanted out of the Engineers as actual characters in the film. Probably would've been better off staying dead.
Yep - I kind of agree. I think it's ultimately a difficult premise to get right and to make work. You want to portray these 'God' like creatures who have the power to create or destroy in an instant, they have to make their moral code ambiguous and are the fulcrum of the movie... However, they don't actually get that much screen time. The concept/notion of the engineer race is more scary than the reality on screen. Very much like the xeno, the more culture/context you give them, the less scary they become... IMHO.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: SM on Sep 21, 2012, 06:58:30 AM
But they'll probably not be on the DVD.  :'(

Darth Vile

Quote from: LarsVader on Sep 21, 2012, 11:38:50 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 21, 2012, 06:58:30 AM
But they'll probably not be on the DVD.  :'(

They'll be on the blu ray though... so they will be public, and made public soon enough.

Xan21

Xan21

Watching the final fight between Noomi & The Engineer in the original cut seems very weird now...so out of the blue...

Oh boy, I would have enjoyed Prometheus far more had these scenes been included. I might even have rated this movie a solid 6.9! (It still needs a re-shoot to correct the abysmal Milburn and Fifield shambles).

Deleted scenes that NEED re-including:

Vickers and Janek: YES
Extended Engineer vs Weyland: YES
Extended Engineer vs Shaw: YES

Why the hell did Ridley remove the Engineer vs Shaw scene? It plays out like an echo of the dining room 'Ash encounter' from ALIEN (but with a jingling chandelier instead of bouncy toys!). I also love the way the Engineer is revealed to be not completely devoid of emotion and yearns for innocence, music, love when he stares at the giant viewscreen.

Plus, as @ThisBethesdaSea mentioned, the scene works so well because of the SILENCE. It almost has a 'The Shining' quality to it.

I guess a Special Edition is now inevitable.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Xenomorphine

Quote from: fiveways on Sep 21, 2012, 03:56:17 AM
Since he was ordered to wipe out humanity 2000 years ago maybe that lash out was in fear.  Fear that the children might be almost on par technologically with his own race.  He sees what we are capable of, so maybe he is starting to imagine the weapons we have developed over the last 2000 years.

Maybe that evolution was what he was sent to earth to purposely disrupt.  Seeing his failure the backlash is in pure rage.

Considering our level of technology, all that time ago, that makes them a race of severely paranoid dicks. :-\

Quote from: 180924609 on Sep 21, 2012, 07:03:11 PM
Deleted scenes that NEED re-including

I honestly haven't seen anything which needs inclusion. Nothing, so far, is a deal-breaker.

QuoteWhy the hell did Ridley remove the Engineer vs Shaw scene?

Don't know, but it didn't seem necessary. Makes the final confrontation a bit longer and that's about it. Some interesting Engineer reactions to what it finds, but... Eh. Nothing revolutionary.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed