Blomkamp's Alien 5 Would Have Been Mo-Capped

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2020, 08:04:09 PM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 Would Have Been Mo-Capped (Read 19,771 times)

Corporal Hicks

During the InHouse Con I asked Tom if he would have been in the suit for Alienkamp, but he said it would have been using mo-capping. Always suspected this would be the case, and I'd have been quite interested to see how that turned out given the quality of Chappie and the Prawns.

j0nesy

i remember how impressive the cg was for the prawns in district 9

also, tom saying he was too wide for the alien suit now :laugh:

SiL

Kind of disappointing to think we'll likely never see another guy in a suit Alien on screen again  :(

SM

Considering how much the new Star Wars flicks went more back to real sets and people in suits over CGI, it wouldn't surprise me if they went back a suits at some point depending on the director.  Even Ridley went with Sean Harris in a suit over the Weta CG monster.

On the other hand, as much as I dig Woodruff, his last turn in the suit wasn't exactly a triumph.

j0nesy

was anyone else a fan of how harris' fifield cg abomination turned out? i thought it looked pretty decent

SM

It looked alright.

Harris in the suit looked better.

j0nesy

j0nesy

i agree! though i would have liked to see more of a complete version of the cg monster

Evanus

I like the CG design better, but the quality is a little rough. Film version is still pretty cool though.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I prefer the CG design too. Looks more noticeably Alien influenced.

SM

Looks more noticeably computer generated too.

426Buddy

Prefer the CG version. Besides wouldnt it have been more complete and polished if it was in the final film?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah. The CG version would have been improved if it had been part of the movie. However, I'd have been happier with a balance of special effects. Something like a practical puppet at the start of the scene, and the CG when the action begins.

Kradan

Nightmare Asylum

Speaking just in terms of the design, and not the execution/type of effect, I prefer the scrapped version.

Kradan

You mean four-armed one ? It was the closest to Big Chap thing I've ever seen

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed