'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer

Started by Space Sweeper, Aug 06, 2012, 07:07:23 AM

Author
'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer (Read 56,336 times)

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Getting it for 360. Not paying $1000 bucks minimum to run a game. Take that PC gamers!

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

360 too, providing Pitchford doesn't continue to be a douche at every opportuity

"We're making a true sequel to Aliens" (or something to that nature)

F**k off

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Pitchford: *grin*

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 09, 2012, 02:20:30 AM
Getting it for 360. Not paying $1000 bucks minimum to run a game. Take that PC gamers!

it's only expensive because you only look for built rigs.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Been building and repairing PCs since I was 15. Couldn't be more wrong guy.  ;)

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

It's all preference really.  I've been playing on PC since 2003 (AvP2  ;D) and I still prefer consoles, mainly because it's much simpler and family friendly (gotta love splitscreen fights).

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 09, 2012, 02:30:13 AM
Been building and repairing PCs since I was 15. Couldn't be more wrong guy.  ;)

don't go to the slum markets very often?

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Not really sure what a slum market is, so im gonna have to give ya a big no on that one.  :laugh:

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 09, 2012, 02:20:30 AM

You can pay 500 and build a rig that's better than a 360, take that :p

Oh yeah...Steam Sales anyone?

chupacabras acheronsis

GABEN IS GREAT GABEN IS ONE!

GABEN ACKBAR!

thecaffeinatedone

Basically  ;D That and paying 7...that's right, 7.00 USD for the ENTIRE grand theft auto series :x

Xeno Killer 2179

delsaber8

delsaber8

bov930527

bov930527

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 09, 2012, 01:58:36 AM
bad controls(for a fast paced shooter), bad FOV, worse graphics, no mods, no patches, worse online community, servers with finite lifespan.

1. Actually, I rather prefer console controls for shooters. I f*ckin hate mouse.
2. I'd say the FOV is pretty much the same.
3. Most computers with standard graphics-card pretty much have same quality as a console on a good tv.
4. Why would I need mods? The game is supposed to be fun itself. I hate when people mod games for sh*ts and giggles, it ruins the entire seriousness of games. Especially this game. Who would ever take this game as canon if there is going to be a mod that gives your player a clown-skin?
5. You can get patches and updates on Xbox Live (I guess same goes for PS3)?
6. Dunno about online community, never really bothered me (although I do mostly play with people I know).
7. First time I hear that about servers, but okay...

And most important of all:
8. I have a guarantee that it will work and that there wont be any lag.

I can agree that first seven points outline opinion rather than practical issues, but the last one is indeed of importance and what I would consider the most obvious reason as to why many people buy shooters for their console rather than PC. On a comp you pretty much have to buy a new graphics-/sound-/whatever-card every 2-3 years. And they must be compatible and all that crap, or else you'll get errors or lag. Buying a console ensures you ability to play any game for many years without lag and without need to spend money on additional stuff.

Just my 0.02$

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 09, 2012, 01:58:36 AM
bad controls(for a fast paced shooter), bad FOV, worse graphics, no mods, no patches, worse online community, servers with finite lifespan.

Maybe.  But consoles are where the money's at these days.  A:CM is being developed with the 360 and PS3 in mind first and then it will be ported to the PC...even though, I admit, a better and more powerful game could be built out of A:CM if it was the other way around.  Out of the box however, all the PC game will sport is a higher resolution.

Right now there is no way to prove that the PC version will have better controls, more patches, a better online user base, or servers with longer lifespans.  That's just speculation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed