First Look at Lance Henriksen In Aliens Colonial Marines

Started by ikarop, Apr 23, 2012, 03:28:37 PM

Author
First Look at Lance Henriksen In Aliens Colonial Marines (Read 27,934 times)

coolbreeze

Nobody is saying Rook is Bishop...

Predaker

Predaker

#16
Oops, haha! Thanks for clearing that up ikarop.
I appreciate all the effort you put in here digging up this stuff for us to read and watch.

400 marines on the sephora!  ;D That is a sizable force.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: coolbreeze on Apr 23, 2012, 08:14:06 PM
Nobody is saying Rook is Bishop...

Yah, Randy clearly meant that Lance played Bishop from ALIENS.


szkoki

szkoki

#18
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 23, 2012, 08:27:43 PM

400 marines on the sulaco!  ;D That is a sizable force.

:o i was shocked too....i hope its  not just another reason to got marines who pops out from nowhere just to kill them off for the show ...honestly i always hated these in avp games....there were no actual crew...in avp 2 we started with 2 dropship with around 10-15 marines and yet i counted at leas 80 dead marines....and in avp 3...wow what a F...we were going down with one dropship with 1 battallion and yet at least 50 dead marines  in the story, and we always got the scene "hey Wilkinson is that you?" ...i mean who the F is that guy...he has an important role? As soon you start thinking that he got  killled....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU****K THIS,what i want is real story with characters who i can  fall in love with because they characteristics and feel so said when they die to wanna exterminate the whole alien race by myself, got it?
Intresting Capcom could do that in every survival horror games. And even the game Extermination were well build up.

you got 1 year, make it count

SM

I dunno why you'd have a synthetic that's identical to a Bishop android - and call it (groan inducing reference aside) "Rook".  Why not simply call it "Bishop'?

Ash 937


SM

SM

#21
They're different colours.

There's over 8 million David 1-7 synthetics.

And yet there's a Bishop model, that's oddly named Rook?

(Unless Rook is a first name and it's surname is Bishop.)

Kimarhi

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 23, 2012, 10:15:16 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 23, 2012, 08:27:43 PM

400 marines on the sulaco!  ;D That is a sizable force.

:o i was shocked too....i hope its  not just another reason to got marines who pops out from nowhere just to kill them off for the show ...honestly i always hated these in avp games....there were no actual crew...in avp 2 we started with 2 dropship with around 10-15 marines and yet i counted at leas 80 dead marines....and in avp 3...wow what a F...we were going down with one dropship with 1 battallion and yet at least 50 dead marines  in the story, and we always got the scene "hey Wilkinson is that you?" ...i mean who the F is that guy...he has an important role? As soon you start thinking that he got  killled....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU****K THIS,what i want is real story with characters who i can  fall in love with because they characteristics and feel so said when they die to wanna exterminate the whole alien race by myself, got it?
Intresting Capcom could do that in every survival horror games. And even the game Extermination were well build up.

you got 1 year, make it count

I'm pretty sure there were two platoons of Marines in Aliens vs Predator 2.  There was a whole nother group that didn't immediately drop with Harrison and his squad.  They are the guys getting slaughtered and overrun by the preds when you go back to the POC as Harrison.

There would be plenty of Marines in AvP3 as a battalion is a headquarters company and two or more infantry companies/artillery batteries etc.  Each company has three or four platoons. That quickly amounts to a shitload of people, and is also more realistic than what we saw in Aliens.

shadowedge

I am really glad this is going to be a character centered game. Aliens was a character centered movie. I don't like silent protagonists all that much so this is a major plus.

Sigglas

The name "Rook" is obviously just short for "Rookie". Just a nickname they got for their synthetic/Bishop model.

Terx2

Quote from: Sigglas on Apr 24, 2012, 10:33:05 AM
The name "Rook" is obviously just short for "Rookie". Just a nickname they got for their synthetic/Bishop model.

either that or it could stand for something :-\ I wonder how big of a impact he has on the story.

Predaker

Rook, Bishop, pawns, queen... chess pieces.

The marines are the pawns. :D

The Necronoir

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 24, 2012, 01:12:34 PM
Rook, Bishop, pawns, queen... chess pieces.

The marines are the pawns. :D
This. I thought the chess piece pattern was so obvious it didn't need mentioning. Guess I was wrong.

escroto

if this is a Bishop android model then why it's called rook, and not Bishop

Predaker

Who knows? Maybe they are trying to avoid confusion between the two different characters.

I think the subtle reference to chess will help add a little extra depth to the story. Time will tell.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed
Contact: General Queries | Submit News