Prometheus Blu-ray extras via BBFC

Started by Keyes, Jul 28, 2012, 10:45:50 PM

Author
Prometheus Blu-ray extras via BBFC (Read 50,596 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Seriously...? I better not be forced to buy a 3D edition of the film just to get bonus features...

Vecrotus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 17, 2012, 03:03:15 PM
Seriously...? I better not be forced to buy a 3D edition of the film just to get bonus features...

I agree. The same thing happened with Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Only the 3D edition of the film had the bonus features.

episodenone

Sorry for cursing -- edit it mods if you must -- but f**kin A -- when I first looked at the Deleted Scenes -- I read it as  "JANEK FILLS VICKERS"  and I figured THAT debate is finally over! 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dorian Gray

Quote from: Vecrotus on Aug 15, 2012, 02:59:36 PM
Quote from: Ooze on First on Aug 15, 2012, 02:54:25 PM
FIFIELD ATTACKS

Hopefully this will be the WETA 'altered' Fifield with a more 'alien' look and the long limbs/claws.

I don't think so. I think that it is just going to be the alternate version of Fifield's attack with Weyland present, as seen in the trailers that were shown before the movie was released.

Fifield WAS altered with the head/limbs/claws in the trailers that were shown before the movie was released - it was a major WTF for those who had scrutinized the trailer and then realized that the creature was missing from the final cut of the film.

Vecrotus

Quote from: Dorian Gray on Aug 18, 2012, 03:29:06 AM
Quote from: Vecrotus on Aug 15, 2012, 02:59:36 PM
Quote from: Ooze on First on Aug 15, 2012, 02:54:25 PM
FIFIELD ATTACKS

Hopefully this will be the WETA 'altered' Fifield with a more 'alien' look and the long limbs/claws.

I don't think so. I think that it is just going to be the alternate version of Fifield's attack with Weyland present, as seen in the trailers that were shown before the movie was released.

Fifield WAS altered with the head/limbs/claws in the trailers that were shown before the movie was released - it was a major WTF for those who had scrutinized the trailer and then realized that the creature was missing from the final cut of the film.

I know that the concept art showed a more Xenomorph-esque Fifield but the Fifield in the trailers looked just like one in the final movie.

MrSpaceJockey

Not in all. In one trailer it did have longer limbs and there was a nice comparison photo a while back during a discussion on this.  People argued over whether or not it was a xeno and if the space suit armor was getting fused to the body biomechanically.

Vecrotus

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 18, 2012, 01:55:49 PM
Not in all. In one trailer it did have longer limbs and there was a nice comparison photo a while back during a discussion on this.  People argued over whether or not it was a xeno and if the space suit armor was getting fused to the body biomechanically.

I did not know. Do you have access to the comparison photo? I would really to see it.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Okay, I can't find any comparison photos, sorry. So here's my own attempt:
ORIGINAL TRAILER FOR TRAILER FIFIELD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QMXTS0_7ZA#ws
(Time: 0:12)
Spoiler

[close]
LATER TRAILERS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7GQvXuQJVI#ws
(Time: 2:32)

It's hard to see but I swear, the proportions of the body are different. Original: long limbed and alien-like. Later on, it's much more human-like proportions, since it's actual Sean Harris rather than a digital beast.

Vecrotus

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 18, 2012, 04:38:14 PM
Spoiler

[close]
LATER TRAILERS:

It's hard to see but I swear, the proportions of the body are different. Original: long limbed and alien-like. Later on, it's much more human-like proportions, since it's actual Sean Harris rather than a digital beast.
Both versions still look the same to me. I think I'll just wait until the blu-ray comes out.

boostedlsj

Quote from: Vecrotus on Aug 18, 2012, 05:44:59 PM
Spoiler

[close]
LATER TRAILERS:

Both versions still look the same to me. I think I'll just wait until the blu-ray comes out.

Look closer man. It's not even close to the same

Vecrotus

Quote from: boostedlsj on Aug 18, 2012, 05:48:15 PM
Quote from: Vecrotus on Aug 18, 2012, 05:44:59 PM
Spoiler

[close]
LATER TRAILERS:

Look closer man. It's not even close to the same
I finally noticed the difference after seeing the first trailer seven times. Yeah, the right arm is definitely a lot more elongated than it appears in the final movie. But is that the only shot/pic that shows that Ridley may have changed Fifields' final design?

Nightmare Asylum

That and the fact that he came out and said that he changed the design. It originally looked like this:

But Ridley was unhappy with it and changed it to this:

Vecrotus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 18, 2012, 06:00:57 PM
That and the fact that he came out and said that he changed the design. It originally looked like this:

Thanks for posting those images. I've never before seen the first two images. I can see why Ridley decided to change the final design.

boostedlsj

Quote from: Vecrotus on Aug 18, 2012, 06:05:31 PM

Thanks for posting those images. I've never before seen the first two images. I can see why Ridley decided to change the final design.

You can? Really?!

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: boostedlsj on Aug 18, 2012, 06:15:09 PM
Quote from: Vecrotus on Aug 18, 2012, 06:05:31 PM

You can? Really?!
It's just a guess. I think that the eariler design just looked too radically different from the human Fifield to the point that it becomes almost impossible to tell that they are one and the same. I also think that the second, more human Fifield, looks more scarier.

On the plus side, the eariler design of Fifields gives more of an idea of what the black goo was meant for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed