CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer!

Started by Moosh89, Jun 08, 2012, 04:29:11 AM

Author
CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer! (Read 107,818 times)

Moosh89

----------------------------------------
PETITION RELATED!:

Yes!, My first ring I am offering for sale!, it turned out great!

Now you can have a pet facehugger wrapped around your finger!!!

More pr0n shots ;) :

I kept the prices as low as possible!, I am only making (give or take) about $10 for each ring, the rest of the price goes to Shapeways for printing costs. They also handle shipping, which is separate but very reasonable!

It usually takes about 3 weeks for me, and they deliver worldwide.

My plan for the first bit of earnings is to buy more of these rings to personally send to the cast members who have signed and supported our petition as a Thank you! :)

Many different materials to choose from including incredibly strong and flexible plastic, plastic with aluminum dust (not as strong as the Strong and Flexible), different mixtures of Stainless Steel, Gold Plated Stainless Steel and Sterling Silver.

Pictured is Matte Gold Plated Stainless Steel. :acmaffirmative:

Links to buy:

SIZE 9: http://www.shapeways.com/model/660388/aliens-facehugger-ring-sz-9.html
SIZE 10: http://www.shapeways.com/model/682626/aliens-facehugger-ring-sz-10.html
SIZE 11: http://www.shapeways.com/model/682642/aliens-facehugger-ring-sz-11.html
SIZE 12: http://www.shapeways.com/model/682658/aliens-facehugger-ring-sz-12.html

Different sizes might be possible if enough demand is there, I can't see it going any smaller than Size 8 though, but I can go bigger if needed, although the price may need adjusting then :(

*MODS, I hope this is OK!, think of it as "art" haha. I had to completely remodel this damn ring like 6 times!!! haha, so I am just shouting VICTORY!!, but my size won't print in steel :( (size 4.5)

ShadowPred

Moosh89

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 31, 2012, 06:22:52 AM
VICTORY!!!!

Not quite, It looks like Bella, and while she does indeed look playable and customizable (she is wearing different armour, nice "movie-like" armour!), Gearbox hasn't officially stated that there are playable females. (although it looks that way!)

I hope that if there are, that you can build your own!, I hate being premade characters online (except the movie characters, I will like those!)

ShadowPred

Well, here's hoping that bit in the trailer wasn't a fluke of some kind.

Moosh89

*****UPDATE, AUGUST 31ST, 2012*****

Mr. Trevor Steedman has signed now!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/include-playable-females-in-aliens-colonial/signatures/page/77#sub-3801

QuoteName: Trevor Steedman on Sep 1, 2012
Comments: Hi Melissa, Trevor Steedman here, I played Pvt Weirzbowski in Aliens and I wholeheartedly support your cause and fully agree with what my fellow cast members here have said. Keep going girl and good luck! Luv, Trev x .

There will be a video message from Mr. Steedman sometime tomorrow as well!

Another step ahead! Congrats everyone!!!

MrSpaceJockey

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

You know... I don't really understand the problem here. I mean.. I'm not sexist or anything, in fact im a big supporter to woman, but FFS you play as a marine in first person mode. Does it really matter? It doesn't make the game a "sausagefest".. This is a shooter/suspense game, not an RPG.

Again, I honestly wouldn't care if they did end up putting female marines or if they didn't. I'm not against it, just not with it. It just seems like a waste of time.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 27, 2012, 01:26:36 AM

Aaaarrrr, absolute BADASSES!

HOLY SHIT IS THIS REAL LIFE?!

Moosh89

Quote from: Sinister Serenity on Sep 01, 2012, 02:39:19 AM
You know... I don't really understand the problem here. I mean.. I'm not sexist or anything, in fact im a big supporter to woman, but FFS you play as a marine in first person mode. Does it really matter? It doesn't make the game a "sausagefest".. This is a shooter/suspense game, not an RPG.

Again, I honestly wouldn't care if they did end up putting female marines or if they didn't. I'm not against it, just not with it. It just seems like a waste of time.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 27, 2012, 01:26:36 AM

Aaaarrrr, absolute BADASSES!

HOLY SHIT IS THIS REAL LIFE?!

I respect your points Sinister Serenity :)

However, ALIENS is about strong females, the Colonial Marines are a unisex fighting force, meaning Men and Women are equals, and a "true sequel" needs to represent this. Also, it is time that more females are represented in shooters, what better game than A:CM?

And yes, Mr. "ADC" snapped this photo of the cast posing to promote the petition! :)

ShadowPred

Regardless...it's always better to see diversity in Multi-player, especially in an ALIENS game. f**king AvP 2010 was getting EXTREMELY old seeing the same bald marine running around. If you don't think diversity is important than I guess you would just like to see the same character model in every FPS game when playing multi-player, trust me...it makes a difference because otherwise it's just completely stale.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 01, 2012, 02:52:19 AM

Regardless...it's always better to see diversity in Multi-player, especially in an ALIENS game. f**king AvP 2010 was getting EXTREMELY old seeing the same bald marine running around. If you don't think diversity is important than I guess you would just like to see the same character model in every FPS game when playing multi-player, trust me...it makes a difference because otherwise it's just completely stale.

I've already seen the same Russian guy running around in call of duty for the past three years, diversity would a very, VERY welcome thing in my book

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Don't get me wrong, I like diversity.

I wouldn't mind female marines at all, in fact, I would like that.

ShadowPred

So then the only argument you have against it is because it seems like a waste of time?

Moosh89

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, lets try not to give Sinister a hard time for sharing theirs :)

I am sure they meant to harm or disrespect to this :)

Quote from: Sinister Serenity on Sep 01, 2012, 02:56:54 AM

I wouldn't mind female marines at all, in fact, I would like that.

All is well, and Thanks for your support!

Hopefully we will see female marines fighting alongside the male marines in the hives!, *Fingers crossed!!!*

I SAID EVERYBODY CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!! GRRRRWAAAAAAAHHHH!!! hahaha, just kidding!

ShadowPred

If we end up getting female skins for multi-player, I suggest that we all play Escape mode as purely female and record it if we can.

Moosh89

I have a Hauppauge!, but I'm on PS3, although if enough of my forum buddies want me to, I might get it for 360 as well. I suck on 360 though, damn controller with my little weak hands!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed