Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 181,869 times)

kwisatz

More to follow.

The mouse is hungry.

Voodoo Magic

The Old One

The Old One

https://youtu.be/NZWFXqXBwFI
I think this is appropriate.

kwisatz

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

NY Times are speculating the name change is because Disney doesn't want to be associated with Rupert Murdoch's polarizing Fox News.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 17, 2020, 06:44:54 PM
NY Times are speculating the name change is because Disney doesn't want to be associated with Rupert Murdoch's polarizing Fox News.

Politically angled speculation coming from NY Times is not surprising, though I personally doubt a decision like this involved that degree of narrow thinking.  20th Century Fox independenly never had a problem from both sides of the aisle and they were under the same roof, so to speak, with Fox Sports, Fox News, and the giant Fox Television Network. Considering all of these Fox brands are still not associated or owned by Disney, I must relent that it does makes sense to change for brand definition.

Nukiemorph

Rename it to Buttsex Incorporated for all I care, just give me more Alien movies.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: David's Creation on Jan 17, 2020, 09:15:17 PM
Rename it to Buttsex Incorporated for all I care, just give me more Alien movies.

Umm.....

:D

Huggs

I doubt it's anything political, though they may later try to say politics was the reason all along, just to score political points.

All it comes down to is Disney making a small change to something it owns, to establish its ownership. It's their way of saying to everyone, "This is my dog now, and it's name isn't Fox"

Voodoo Magic

Or "This is my fox now, and its name is crazy drunken pirate"

Nightmare Asylum

I'm glad Searchlight hasn't been killed. I was very worried that that was going to be Disney's next move.

The Disney/Fox acquisition is still incredibly heartbreaking, however, and for reasons that expand well beyond Alien.

Magegg

I didn't like The Predator or Alien Covenant at all.

So, who cares about Fox :P

Gonna miss their experimental X-Men movies though.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 17, 2020, 06:44:54 PM
I think that's rather good move, then.

The Old One

The Old One

Alien Covenant is the best film in the franchise in the last 28 years.

Magegg

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 18, 2020, 03:24:17 PMAlien Covenant is the best film in the franchise in the last 28 years.
Let's agree to disagree  :D I think the exact opposite.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed