Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 637,116 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Its_Auto on Apr 17, 2021, 03:36:29 PM
So many years attempting consensus on the egg... But can we at least all agree that Bishop II was a Nexus model Replicant? 😏

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 17, 2021, 03:55:52 PM
In the main Alien continuity he's Michael Bishop, a scientist following in the footsteps of Peter Weyland like many others before him, so human as indicated by the Weyland Yutani Report even passing away from surgical complications later in life.

He's an android in the AVP and AVP Requiem and AVP 2010 continuity though, called Michael Bishop Weyland, successor to Charles Bishop Weyland and the predecessor to Karl Bishop Weyland. All apparently carrying copies of the original conciousness from the original human, that died in Antarctica in 2004, according to Audio Logs in AVP and implied in the ending of the campaign.
If even the primary sources are in disagreement, I'm guessing that's a no.

SM

SM

The primary source says he's human.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah it is rather simple honestly.

The primary continuity that's still being used says he's human.

The other one's it's own self contained thing.

Kradan

Kradan

*sniff sniff*

Consensus ?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 18, 2021, 03:35:31 PM
*sniff sniff*

Consensus ?

Sorry, that was me.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SM on Apr 18, 2021, 11:03:01 AM
The character states that he is, but he is a representative of a company we as an audience are supposed to distrust, which leads to doubt that he is a human. This series is good at implying things but leaving just enough ambiguity to cause canon wars.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 18, 2021, 02:42:05 PM
Yeah it is rather simple honestly.

The primary continuity that's still being used says he's human.

The other one's it's own self contained thing.
Whether or not a line of continuity is currently classed as canon or not, surely doesn't relate to whether or not Bishop II is a replicant?

I guess, though, if Bishop II is a replicant, then he could have put the egg on the Sulaco...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think I know what might explain the Egg's placement, we have actually seen them in places like that before, on walls:

SM

SM

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 20, 2021, 01:47:14 PM
Quote from: SM on Apr 18, 2021, 11:03:01 AM
The character states that he is, but he is a representative of a company we as an audience are supposed to distrust, which leads to doubt that he is a human. This series is good at implying things but leaving just enough ambiguity to cause canon wars.

He's still human tho

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Lol.. My comment was in total jest, I didn't expect anyone to go into it haha (I'm aware of the official Canon) 😅  but since it is now being discussed I'm gonna roll with it - Bishop 2 is standing there with half the side of his head/ear hanging off talking to Ripley.. He clearly feels the pain from his reactions, but an injury like that you would expect a regular human to be incapacitated.. There are plenty of fun Easter eggs connecting the Alien and Blade Runner universes.. There no reason he couldn't be a replicant...Weyland felt androids were the way forward rather than what Tyrell was manufacturing, but Wallace Corp replicants from the 2030s onwards were back in mainstream workforces on all the off-world colonies.. "No.. I'm not the Bishop android. I designed it.. I'm VERY human"... Nexus: More human than human 😁

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

A Nexus sans red-eye effect?  :D

SM

SM

Quote from: Its_Auto on Apr 21, 2021, 02:11:09 AM
Bishop 2 is literally standing there with half the side of his head/ear hanging off talking to Ripley..

"Literally"?  No.

Quote from: Its_Auto on Apr 21, 2021, 02:11:09 AM
He clearly feels the pain from his reactions, but an injury like that you would expect a regular human to be incapacitated..

Also no.

Unless of course this post was also "in total jest".

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Its_Auto on Apr 21, 2021, 02:11:09 AMBishop 2 is literally standing there with half the side of his head/ear hanging off talking to Ripley. He clearly feels the pain from his reactions, but an injury like that you would expect a regular human to be incapacitated.

There's a ton of over-the-top gore in that film, like when Jude, to use your parlance, literally explodes when the Alien grabs him.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yep, always thought too much splatter in this scene. What the f**k did the alien do ? Shoved a bomb in his ass and detonated it ?  :laugh:

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 21, 2021, 08:01:12 AM
Quote from: Its_Auto on Apr 21, 2021, 02:11:09 AMBishop 2 is literally standing there with half the side of his head/ear hanging off talking to Ripley. He clearly feels the pain from his reactions, but an injury like that you would expect a regular human to be incapacitated.

There's a ton of over-the-top gore in that film, like when Jude, to use your parlance, literally explodes when the Alien grabs him.

And Bishop 2 getting clocked isn't even that over-the-top.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's not as over-the-top, but I definitely always thought he should be significantly more affected by the wound we see, at least in the theatrical cut, in which they cut most of the shots of him really obviously suffering.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed