Prometheus Update Round-Up

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2012, 04:32:13 PM

Author
Prometheus Update Round-Up (Read 14,457 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 13, 2012, 01:48:57 AM
You know, I kind of agree with Predxeno. I mean, all proof is pointing at it being related to Alien, that much is obvious, but who's to say it won't rewrite continuity? It could be its own separate thing, with only "strands of Alien DNA".
Personally, I think that it will be directly related, but until we actually see the movie, there is no way to be 100% sure.

Thanks Nightmare, that's all I'm saying; that we just can't be 100% sure yet.  It'll be great if it's an Alien Prequel, but I just don't think we have enough information to be that kind of certain.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 13, 2012, 01:27:34 AM
Sorry.  I didn't mean to say it as a negative thing.  I just meant that a lot of people here still believe that the film is an Alien prequel.

:) It's fine, I know you didn't mean any harm.  You have your points, but I don't think some of the Galaxy is ready for it, now.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 13, 2012, 03:32:16 AM
Thanks Nightmare, that's all I'm saying; that we just can't be 100% sure yet.  It'll be great if it's an Alien Prequel, but I just don't think we have enough information to be that kind of certain.
It has the space jockey. It has the Derelict. It has Weyland Corp. What more "information" do you need? :-\

predxeno

predxeno

See the other thread.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Do we have any news on the viral video other than what music it's going to have in it?

predxeno

predxeno

I want the viral video NOW!!!

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

WobbldlyBoddle that little blurb about me reads as pretty insulting...but maybe it's just me?

WeylandCorp

WeylandCorp

No matter what, I believe it is more of an alien prequel than it is not, no matter what happens.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 13, 2012, 04:28:15 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 13, 2012, 01:27:34 AM
Sorry.  I didn't mean to say it as a negative thing.  I just meant that a lot of people here still believe that the film is an Alien prequel.

:) It's fine, I know you didn't mean any harm.  You have your points, but I don't think some of the Galaxy is ready for it, now.

i am!

stating that prometheus is a prequel because of the space jockey & the derelict is some kind of not right.
it's like considering every movie with people on a plane as a new "turbulence" sequel/prequel shit. even snakes on a plane.  :D

i am certain that it will be part of the whole franchise somehow, but it's own story seems so strong that they rather did a prometheus instead of an alien 5, people.

T Dog

T Dog

Everyone gets so bogged down in this term Prequel.

Rumour Control: Here are the facts.

It is a story set in the Universe of the Alien franchise before the events of the the 1979 movie Alien.

The reason they are saying "is it/isn't it" a prequel is because the film isn't going to end on LV426 with a bunch of eggs in the derelict. They keep mentioning this last 8 minutes thing. But surely, by that logic it would mean everything we've seen in the promotional footage happens in the last 8 minutes, because all that stuff is from Alien.

I really don't know what they expect us to expect by the term prequel. I'm guessing they think that we think we'll be seeing Ripley being born. I DO NOT WANT THEM TO GO NEAR STUFF LIKE THAT. That will be the killer for the movie.

Infected

Infected

What if in the last 8 minutes we can see a digital created Ripley like Gollem but when she was young like in Alien.
and she will be woken from cryo before the rest of the crew from the Nostromo and the giant comes in and explains her of whats going to happen and he replaces her with an android Ripley and the android plays the part in the rest of the alien movies and the real Ripley is taken to a better place with the jockeys.
And there she will face new adventures in the alien franchise world on another planet,
and even there can be a spin off were she observes the things that happen on the Predators planet and she will then save Adrian brody and the girl from the planet so there is enough material for a sequel.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Infected on Feb 13, 2012, 11:41:51 AM
What if in the last 8 minutes we can see a digital created Ripley like Gollem but when she was young like in Alien.
and she will be woken from cryo before the rest of the crew from the Nostromo and the giant comes in and explains her of whats going to happen and he replaces her with an android Ripley and the android plays the part in the rest of the alien movies and the real Ripley is taken to a better place with the jockeys.
And there she will face new adventures in the alien franchise world on another planet,
and even there can be a spin off were she observes the things that happen on the Predators planet and she will then save Adrian brody and the girl from the planet so there is enough material for a sequel.

Oh dear. No. That's silly.

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

heh Neca always messes up the information on what they base their figurines on.

A sequel sounds good but the first film should be critically well received as well as have a nice box office hit before they talk about sequels, otherwise they are jumping into something with both feet.

As for the connection to alien, i am not sure but i think i have seen urn like objects in one of the pictures and in the original concept, the second stage xenomorph was in a urn not an egg.

Glaive

Glaive

'Alien' as directed by David Lynch?
Sorry, got a serious 'Twin Peaks'-vibe from that...

...wait...'Alien' directed by David Lynch...
I'd be SO over THAT!

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Glaive on Feb 13, 2012, 05:02:19 PM

'Alien' as directed by David Lynch?
Sorry, got a serious 'Twin Peaks'-vibe from that...

...wait...'Alien' directed by David Lynch...
I'd be SO over THAT!

Fact: David Lynch doesn't like Alien because he felt the chest-burster design ripped off his Eraserhead baby.

Fact: David Cronenberg doesn't like Alien because he felt the parasite in your body, moving under your skin ripped off his film Shiver. 

FACT   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed