Alien 1 ship

Started by silversurfer, Mar 15, 2007, 01:05:05 PM

Author
Alien 1 ship (Read 4,331 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: SM on Mar 21, 2007, 08:59:01 PM
That ultimately for Fox to decide, not us.

well, if they continue going down the road they have so far, I don't see how we could really be bothered to take anything else coming in  the Alien movies as Canon unless someone starts makiing intelligent decisions again.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

I like to beleave that the Derelict was realy a research vessel. and the crew found the eggs took a good deal of eggs, and blasted off. somewere from the planet they left and LV 426, a Huggy infected the Pilot and the Jalien popped out. freaked out and hysterical, one of the crew members tried to steer the ship him/herself. but a meteor hit one of the afterburners and sent the ship in an unplaned emergancy landing. most of the crew got off the ship in pods. one Jockey stayed onboard and activated a transmittion to tell anyother ships to stay away. when the Jockey tried to make for the last pod, the JAlien stopped him/her from getting to the pod. the Jockey shot the JAlien with a lazer, its blood melted a hole leading to the Cargo Chamber with the Eggs. the Space Jockey got into the pod and managed to leave the ship before it entered LV 426's atmosphere. and was later picked up by a WY Patrol ship. The Space Jockey was kept in containment and WY learned of the Derelict. 20 or 30 years later The Nostromo came along and the ALIEN story begins.

thats how I see it anyways, Hmm, I rather like this idea, I shall make it a comic.

orion24

orion24

Do you think the aliens are capable of making a ship? Or do they just hitch a ride.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: PredalienToph on Feb 19, 2008, 08:33:02 PM
I like to beleave that the Derelict was realy a research vessel. and the crew found the eggs took a good deal of eggs, and blasted off. somewere from the planet they left and LV 426, a Huggy infected the Pilot and the Jalien popped out. freaked out and hysterical, one of the crew members tried to steer the ship him/herself. but a meteor hit one of the afterburners and sent the ship in an unplaned emergancy landing. most of the crew got off the ship in pods. one Jockey stayed onboard and activated a transmittion to tell anyother ships to stay away. when the Jockey tried to make for the last pod, the JAlien stopped him/her from getting to the pod. the Jockey shot the JAlien with a lazer, its blood melted a hole leading to the Cargo Chamber with the Eggs. the Space Jockey got into the pod and managed to leave the ship before it entered LV 426's atmosphere. and was later picked up by a WY Patrol ship. The Space Jockey was kept in containment and WY learned of the Derelict. 20 or 30 years later The Nostromo came along and the ALIEN story begins.

thats how I see it anyways, Hmm, I rather like this idea, I shall make it a comic.

I could see this being true.

Quote from: orion24 on Feb 19, 2008, 09:32:09 PM
Do you think the aliens are capable of making a ship? Or do they just hitch a ride.

Hitch a ride, obviously.

nchurch81

nchurch81

My only issue with the "hitch a ride" view of the aliens is that it doesn't make them very threatening.  I mean how much of a danger can they really be if all we have to do is go "oh shoot, aliens on this planet, don't go there".... and that's it.  End of story.  Drop some bombs on them.  The great menace of the cosmos... not much of a menace after all.  Now I'm not saying that they could actually build ships.  And probably didn't build the derelict (seriously, I tried to reason that one out and people found all kind of hole in it, so it ultimately doesn't make a lot of sense).  But I don't leave out the possibility that the aliens might have someone of spreading through space.  Maybe after consuming a world then enter into a next phase of development (the best I have been able to come up with is they find a way to spread some kind of proto-alien spore into space, which becomes and egg once it lands on a planet that supports life).  Or maybe an strain of aliens has been growing and evolving since the time of the space jockeys and they have now developed a form of space travel.  So the aliens that have been encountered in A1-AR are the equivalent of our cavemen to those more evolved aliens.  But crazy ideas aside, I'm just not fond of the idea that the aliens are just nastier-than-average ship rats.  Because then the aliens just have to get really lucky and hope that someone stops by to say hi, which, considering the vastness of space, becomes extremely unlikely.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Thats a very interesting theory. Though, aside from everything else, I don't see how they could get that spore into space.

The aliens aren't supposed to be the plague of the universe though, they are just the most dangerous and deadly (known) species.

nchurch81

nchurch81

Well the arachnids from Starship Troopers spread around the stars all by their lonesome.  Again it would have to be a phase we just haven't seen yet.  Who knows how drastically the aliens could not only alter themselves but a planet they inhabit.

But you are right of course, the scourge of the universe stuff is just the talk of my inner fan boy.  There is actually absolutely nothing in the series of movies that suggests that the aliens are anything more than just some really nasty animals.  Which ultimately means that humans will eventually mean that the aliens will eventually not be much of a threat to the human race.  No worse than ebola or a pack of wolves. 

It would be nice to see them have a little something extra that makes them an on going threat.  Otherwise the aliens will always rely on human error and lack of foresight to bring mayhem and terror down upon the masses. 

It's also kind of the storyteller in me that wants to see a little more. Because as we stand, the aliens aren't anything more than a force of nature. And one that can be pretty easily avoided in all honesty.  Now my idea isn't a cure all for this problem, but it could help.  It raises the stakes even more. Otherwise it's just human greed and ignorance that keeps bringing the aliens back from the dead, then things go wrong, and then the aliens get out, and you spend the last half of the book/comic/movie running for you life and inevitably it all ends with a big explosion.  It's just worn out. 

Anyway, that's just me.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Hey, keep the cogs turning, thats how good ideas are born...... really bad ones too... but also good lol

SM

SM

QuoteMy only issue with the "hitch a ride" view of the aliens is that it doesn't make them very threatening.  I mean how much of a danger can they really be if all we have to do is go "oh shoot, aliens on this planet, don't go there".... and that's it.  End of story.  Drop some bombs on them.  The great menace of the cosmos... not much of a menace after all.

What you're forgetting though is one of the constant themes surrounding Aliens.  Control.  The arrogance you've displayed (and I sincerely don't mean that as an insult in the slightest) is prevalent right throughout the Alien and AvP films.  Humans, Predators, Jockies - all want to control the Aliens.  In order to control them, one has to come into close contact.  Then the Aliens get the upper hand and adios muchachos.

Of course the only way to be sure is to nuke them from orbit - but while another species desires to control the Aliens, the Aliens will always find a way.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Its almost like the aliens are the victims here, they just wanna be left alone put people keep tryin' to control them, its tragic  :D

But really, yeah, theres no way to control them, they will always get out of hand and thats why they're so dangerous.... well one of the many reasons why they are so dangerous.

Thats what I was kinda getting at when I was saying they aren't a plague, they aren't seeking people out, people are going to them.

SM

SM

Yeah, more or less.  If people seriously wanted to eradicate them, they could.  But they're too valuable to someone.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

That and they aren't exactly easy to find...and once you do they've probably killed quite a few people

nchurch81

nchurch81

um... I guess I missed why I'm arrogant.  Even if you didn't mean it as an insult, I don't know where that's coming from.

SM

SM

Where you said they're not really a menace and the reasons.  It overlooks basic greed.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I sometimes half wonder if the aliens created the derelict as a simulacrum of a spacecraft and the signal was a simulacrum of a distress signal that also could be translated as a warning signal

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed