Alien Resurrection- Why or why not?

Started by Redfield, Jan 15, 2007, 04:39:49 AM

Author
Alien Resurrection- Why or why not? (Read 60,604 times)

Extroheal

Lots of people created the alien. O'Bannon only started it. They've been developed in a completely different direction from O'Bannon's original idea so it's silly to bring it back unless he plans to create an Alien remake.

SiL

SiL

QuoteLots of people created the alien. O'Bannon only started it.

O'Bannon created it: Everyone else just expanded on it.

QuoteThey've been developed in a completely different direction from O'Bannon's original idea so it's silly to bring it back unless he plans to create an Alien remake.

Wasn't saying we should go back. However, I think you could easily give the Aliens human-level intelligence in a film and still have them as the same old nasty space monster. It'd just make them even more dangerous.

Think about it - All the Aliens we've ever seen have been young, and all of them act purely based on the situation they're born into. So, if we had a hive which was older, and had time to learn and grow and adapt and think up all kinds of new strategies for dealing in their environment and the things within it, I don't see it as too much of a stretch that Aliens could become really quite intelligent.

It's just that everyone automatically thinks '8 foot ants!', ignorant of the fact ants have pretty damned complex social systems and, in a lot of cases, surprisingly 'human' characteristics.

SM

SM

Beat me to it on both counts.

SiL

SiL

Who's yo daddy? Who's yo daddy?

SM

SM

Beat me some more!

SiL

SiL

You like it like that! You like it it like that!

..Okay, I just weirded me out.

SM

SM

Let us never speak of this again...

SiL

SiL

I won't tell if you won't ...

aliensetta

aliensetta

I think alien 4 was a good movie. But they left is hanging so there can be alien 5 but know they
can't make alien 5 because of avp. So theirs no chance for a fifh alien.

Dingo

I was watching a documentary on on American Movie Classics or some other station and if I remember correctly from it, they main reason they wanted to make Alien Res was because Alien 3 didn't bring in that much money and they wanted to make up for that imbalance. It was kinda like when they made the jaws sequels, just for money and the story lines were crap. I kinda compare alien rez to that.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

What do you think, Did you hate it or did you like it? I personally didnt really like it. It was alright at first but i have really grown to dislike it.

Redfield

Well, I'm still unmoved. It was still a good film, if only because of Sigourney Weaver's and Winona Ryder's performances.

Grid Alien

I dont know what everyones fussing about I loved Alien Reserection (My fav in the series), The humor did suck tho, but besides that i thought it was amazing, you realy got to know all of the characters (genral perez died waaay to quickly tho), allso thye shouls have had more confratations with the aliens, But all in all it continues to be my favrote movie in the franchise

Grid Alien

Redfield

it was good, not my favourite in the series.

Corporal Hicks

I've had this urge to watch it again recently.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed