NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,230 times)

Bilbo5000

Bilbo5000

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 19, 2020, 11:56:58 PM
Got my Rhino Alien today!

This thing is a beast! Neca has gone next level with this figure, the sculpt is crazy detailed and the articulation is great. But what really surprised me the most is how sturdy and well built it is. Nothing on this figure feels weak or like its going to break like other Neca aliens. Its a gem in my collection and now my favorite Neca figure.
They took such a silly premise and really hit a home run imo.

Also a surprise was that all the joints weren't stuck and frozen with paint. They were snug but moved with no issues.

p.s This thing is huge!

I've been hunting for the rhino for weeks, your description just made me want it more!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Got it from Necas ebay store. ;)

Kailem

Kailem

My Rhino arrived today from Amazon and wow, it really is a thing of beauty!

It looks fantastic, and it's big too! Not so much "bigger than I was expecting" or anything since I knew from the get-go that it was going to be bigger than their average figures, but seeing it in person it's definitely very impressive. The sculpting is fantastic and the colours look just as good as they do in all the photos.

Awesome, awesome figure, I'm glad I nabbed it when I did so as to avoid the disappointment of missing out and having to potentially pay exorbitant after market prices to pick it up down the line.

*checks the Amazon price for the Gorilla Alien again, sheds tear*

Ivan The Insect

Ivan The Insect

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 19, 2020, 11:56:58 PM
Got my Rhino Alien today!

This thing is a beast! Neca has gone next level with this figure, the sculpt is crazy detailed and the articulation is great. But what really surprised me the most is how sturdy and well built it is. Nothing on this figure feels weak or like its going to break like other Neca aliens. Its a gem in my collection and now my favorite Neca figure. They took such a silly premise and really hit a home run imo.

Also a surprise was that all the joints weren't stuck and frozen with paint. They were snug but moved with no issues.

p.s This thing is huge!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 05, 2020, 06:12:02 PM
My Rhino arrived today from Amazon and wow, it really is a thing of beauty!

It looks fantastic, and it's big too! Not so much "bigger than I was expecting" or anything since I knew from the get-go that it was going to be bigger than their average figures, but seeing it in person it's definitely very impressive. The sculpting is fantastic and the colours look just as good as they do in all the photos.

Awesome, awesome figure, I'm glad I nabbed it when I did so as to avoid the disappointment of missing out and having to potentially pay exorbitant after market prices to pick it up down the line.

*checks the Amazon price for the Gorilla Alien again, sheds tear*

I found a combo of the neca gorilla, mantis, and queen facehugger on ebay for $50 bucks. It wasn't until after I made the purchase that I realized it was from China, I'm always so careful not to buy on ebay from there. But it worked out because they are the real deal neca figures. I think they still had 2 combo packs left last time I checked.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Just got the figures at Target, Ripley is slightly better, but pretty much the same as before.

Here is what I picked up.

Here she is out of the package.

Here she is next to the original Ripley release.

Here she is with the Ultimate Big Chap, the first figure from the 40th anniversary collection.

Here she is next to a Diamond Select and Hasbro Sigourney Weaver figure.

Here are all 3 releases of Jonesy.

Here she is with the entire Alien collection pre 40th anniversary.

Here is my YouTube review on her.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAJ6bVqpppw

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I especially love you lining Ripley up with the other Sigourney Weaver figs. Nice job dHunter!

Kailem

drsmuts

drsmuts

Is it just me that prefers the original Ripley release face wise?

Kailem

Kailem

Glow in the dark Big Chap is the SDCC Alien exclusive:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1281624439776587776?s=20

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't know why but this one just isn't thrilling me. And it's weird because I've got their Alien-vision AvP Alien and it's essentially the same idea.

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 11, 2020, 02:14:58 PM
I don't know why but this one just isn't thrilling me. And it's weird because I've got their Alien-vision AvP Alien and it's essentially the same idea.

Agreed. Something about it looks off to me. But then again, not a fan of the Prototype Alien they released.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's the silver teeth.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Agreed, I'm gonna buy it, but I am not really looking forward to it at all, just like the 40th anniversary concept/prototype alien...
I'm all in on getting each figure, but these are ones I'm not very excited for...

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 11, 2020, 02:14:58 PM

I think after that awesome City Demon Predator 2 figure reveal this one's just a bit underwhelming by comparison, especially since as you pointed out it's extremely similar to one we've already gotten.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed