New Alien vs. Predator: Evolution Trailer & Images

Started by ikarop, Jan 28, 2013, 06:30:15 PM

Author
New Alien vs. Predator: Evolution Trailer & Images (Read 46,393 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2013, 10:27:58 PM
QuoteActually, I think those were regular androids; I think combat synths are specially designed somehow for warfare, that's probably why they can still walk with their heads shot off while normal androids can't.

Aliens Book 1 had combat androids as a major plot point.  Then they pop up again in Stronghold.

And Ash was doing okay against Parker with no head.
As I recall those combat androids specifically couldn't harm humans - I remember the Perry novel mentioning the First Law of Robotics, and that having androids violate that was mega-illegal. So having combat androids shooting Aliens is totally cool, it's once you have them shooting at humans (like in AvP2010) that it becomes a Big Deal.
Incidentally I know you fought combat androids in AvP2 as the Predator and Alien, but I can't recall if you fought any in the Marine campaign. I think you did, but I'm not sure.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 29, 2013, 02:20:46 AM
Would you say it was a positive experience or negative experience?
Definitely positive.

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jan 29, 2013, 03:08:47 PM
Is there any indication when the game takes place, other than a general "around the time of the Alien films" sense of things?
No specific year is given, but it's a beta.

predxeno

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 29, 2013, 10:23:55 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 29, 2013, 09:21:53 PM
Finishing kills, being able to summon facehuggers as the Alien, awesome plot; this is what AVP2010 should have been.

What was wrong with AvP3?

Forgetting all the multiplayer problems, the single-player just felt repetitive and the plot was rather unmotivated.

Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2013, 10:27:58 PM
QuoteActually, I think those were regular androids; I think combat synths are specially designed somehow for warfare, that's probably why they can still walk with their heads shot off while normal androids can't.

Aliens Book 1 had combat androids as a major plot point.  Then they pop up again in Stronghold.

And Ash was doing okay against Parker with no head.

Oh right, I forgot about Book 1; but as for Ash, I assumed that the remaining cables that attached his head to his body operated to some capacity.

Terx2

Terx2

How much is this gonna cost? Can I get an estimate? Anyway this looks real cool for a mobile game.

predxeno

I estimate $5 max, that's about how much Predators was when it came out, right?

Xenomrph

I think I paid $7 or $8 for Predators when it first came out.

predxeno

Ok maybe that, I only recently got an iPod to play that game on.

ShadowPred

Omg, I wish I could play this game. Those side-missions sound like so much fun will be had!

Space7Horror

This game just looks better and better I can't wait for it to come out. Will it be able to play on the iPad?

Xenomrph

Quote from: Queen7 on Jan 30, 2013, 09:48:36 PM
This game just looks better and better I can't wait for it to come out. Will it be able to play on the iPad?
Yes.

Terx2

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 30, 2013, 05:28:49 AM
I think I paid $7 or $8 for Predators when it first came out.

$7.99 but now it's dropped down to $1.99. Either way I'd pay that much for this game looks great.

HybridNewborn

I would gladly pay more really. Part of the reason so many game studios are closing shop lately is the struggle to make a profit. If there were a way I could pay a company more than market price for a game I like, I totally would.

Lie

A f**king app! >:(

I thought I was looking at the next AVPE here what a let down.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Lie on Feb 01, 2013, 12:46:56 AM

There's tons of "apps" that are legitimately great games in their own right, I'm not seeing the problem here. ???

Lie

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 01, 2013, 01:41:02 AM
Quote from: Lie on Feb 01, 2013, 12:46:56 AM

There's tons of "apps" that are legitimately great games in their own right, I'm not seeing the problem here. ???

I'd just prefer it been on a platform with trophies and achievements with possible online play, I can't see an App having all the qualities that I'd love to see in an AVP RPG, Real time strategy or any type of game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed