Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 226,889 times)

Inverse Effect

This thread makes me horny

Jango1201

Jango1201

You guys are the greatest  :D :D :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Eva on Oct 04, 2014, 11:55:59 PMI'm fairly sure that I heard or read someone say, that Lambert died from fright. Whether that was Ridley, O'Bannon or someone else, I can't remember.

That was the plan originally. She was going to crawl into a locker and die of fright. But given how long she's heard screaming in the film, it sounds like more than fright that's killing her.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

The topic is a horrible thought to ponder. Was she simply butchered or was there some sick perverted fate  that was left out of the script regarding Lambert's death?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Oct 06, 2014, 10:30:29 AMThe topic is a horrible thought to ponder. Was she simply butchered or was there some sick perverted fate  that was left out of the script regarding Lambert's death?

No. I'm pretty sure none of the scripts ever suggested she was raped. And she went through a whole bunch of different deaths.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Thank god for that...poor Lambert.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It was an editing room decision.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 06, 2014, 09:50:37 AM
Quote from: Eva on Oct 04, 2014, 11:55:59 PMI'm fairly sure that I heard or read someone say, that Lambert died from fright. Whether that was Ridley, O'Bannon or someone else, I can't remember.

That was the plan originally. She was going to crawl into a locker and die of fright. But given how long she's heard screaming in the film, it sounds like more than fright that's killing her.

Ay, it is mentioned in the blu-ray commentary track during the actual scene. Just checked it. Cartwright confirms what you're describing, but they never filmed the locker scene. Just before it happens on screen, Ridley mentions that he imagines that she dies from having a heart attack.

As for the rape theory, there's nothing in the film to suggest that something like that actually happens. Neither does it makes sense, when you think about it. The only suggested rape scene in the film, remains Ash's attack on Ripley.

Incidently, the shot of the xeno's tale moving up Lambert's leg, is actually Harry Dean Stanton/Brett - not Veronica Cartwright. It was just inserted here because they needed a shot of psychical contact between the two and they then allowed your own imagination to fill out the blanks. :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Eva on Oct 06, 2014, 05:44:47 PMAs for the rape theory, there's nothing in the film to suggest that something like that actually happens. Neither does it makes sense, when you think about it. The only suggested rape scene in the film, remains Ash's attack on Ripley.

When people say rape, I don't they literally mean 'rape'. Just... violate horribly.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Eva on Oct 06, 2014, 05:44:47 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 06, 2014, 09:50:37 AM
Quote from: Eva on Oct 04, 2014, 11:55:59 PM

As for the rape theory, there's nothing in the film to suggest that something like that actually happens. Neither does it makes sense, when you think about it. The only suggested rape scene in the film, remains Ash's attack on Ripley.

The unclothed state of the corpse would suggest otherwise.I don't think it was rape,but some sort of examination before,during or after death of Lambert by the Alien.

Darwinsgirl

Here is a scan from one of the magazines in my collection. From the title I thought it was going to mention her death scene. Its just a "teaser". In the interview she talks about the chestburster scene,how physically taxing the film was and her experiences in filming "The Birds".   

This is from Famous Monsters of Filmland #166 August 1980 for those interested. :)

Local Trouble

Why is that link not on AvPG's main page?

Gash

Gash

The feet bother me. Alien in a onesie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed