Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,621,174 times)

SiL

SiL

Not as such, no.

wolfpredator416

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 29, 2009, 03:46:58 AM
Quote from: XenoVC on Jun 28, 2009, 09:18:59 PM
Quite sexy.

Thanks for the pics.

except you can clearly see the dude inside of it. :|

GAYEEE!!!.

That's a plaster cast of Bolaji Badejo you see in that pic, plus you 'were' supposed to see the skeletal structure inside. It was supposed to make you wonder what the hell you were looking at. They already casted and made what was supposed to go underneath as such, just never used it.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

and one cool shot of the jockey

xeno_alpha_07

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

and two more

Late Stan Winston's puppet from the actual movie

And the original Alien's head as it is today, from Giger's art exhibition

SM

SM

Looks like a Rambaldi.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Art exhibition? I thought the original costume was bought at an auction ???

SM

SM

Which one?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

SM

SM

Pretty sure there was more than one suit, like there was more than one head.

The head above looks like the articulated head that Carlo Rambaldi built, which would've generally been used in close ups.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

exactly. Im pretty sure there was one suit, but there were at least two different heads. Since the one I posted seems to have the mechanism inside, I think its pretty safe to say that this is indeed Rambaldi's head

SiL

SiL

More than one suit was made for the film. You have at least two because of the stunt suit, and then there would be extra parts pulled from the mould when the originals tore beyond repair.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: SiL on Jun 30, 2009, 05:12:06 AM
More than one suit was made for the film. You have at least two because of the stunt suit, and then there would be extra parts pulled from the mould when the originals tore beyond repair.

Well what I meant was that each guy had just one suit. I dont recall hearing or reading anywhere about extra suits for them. Thats why the costumes were constantly being taken care off and Bolaji couldnt even sit so he wont damage the costume.  Repairs were done on the costumes that the guys were wearing, but again, I doubt they had extras in the closet. Im not sure of course, just never heard it being adressed

SiL

SiL

If you ever get your hands on a copy of Giger's Alien, here are quite a few pictures where they have a number of Alien leggings hanging up side-by-side and the like. I think there are also images like that on the Quadrilogy.

The only time I've ever heard of a film having one, and only one, suit was Species 3. Foam latex just generally isn't durable enough for one pull to last throughout the entire shoot.

(And Bolaji couldn't sit because of the tail, which on the original suit pointed straight down, not backwards like later suits. Had to sit on a swing :P)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed