Everything I need to know.

Started by IXvPRIMUSvXI, May 12, 2017, 11:21:36 PM

Author
Everything I need to know. (Read 2,403 times)

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

Hey Guys I haven't played AVP Extinction for XBOX or PS2, So I wanna know Everything About this Game.

Praetorian Guard

Aliens versus Predator: Extinction is a 2003 real-time strategy video game developed by EA Games and published by Fox Interactive for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. Unlike the other games in the Alien vs. Predator series, which are primarily first-person action-adventure titles, Extinction is a real-time strategy game, focussing on unit management and combat. Set on the planet LV-742, it follows the escalating war between the Aliens, the Predators and the United States Colonial Marine Corps when the latter infringes on the ancient hunt between the two former races.
The game is the fourth in the Alien vs. Predator franchise, although it bears no relation to the other titles beyond its general concept. The player can choose to play as Alien, Predator or Colonial Marine forces.

The had has no multiplayer. That means you can't even play against the A.I. on a map of your choosing. The game has three campaigns. Marine, Predator, Aliens. Each campaign has 7 levels if I remember right. It was a good game for its time. If you like real-time strategy games, Extinction may be somewhat good, but don't expect too much from it. The units for each race are very cool. I personally like the Hydra Predator, and the Alien Ravager.

Aside from the single-player campaign, there is the "Bestiary" a guide to the various units, including background information on their equipment and training. But like I said, there is no multiplayer or skirmish mode. I would personally play the game again, but with the money cheat, so I can use the more stronger units for my pleasure. Got this game in late 2003 on Xbox. Also was my very real-time strategy game, and I didn't knew it was a real-time strategy, because I didn't look.

Quote from: Praetorian Guard on May 13, 2017, 03:55:36 AM
Aliens versus Predator: Extinction is a 2003 real-time strategy video game developed by EA Games and published by Fox Interactive for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. Unlike the other games in the Alien vs. Predator series, which are primarily first-person action-adventure titles, Extinction is a real-time strategy game, focussing on unit management and combat. Set on the planet LV-742, it follows the escalating war between the Aliens, the Predators and the United States Colonial Marine Corps when the latter infringes on the ancient hunt between the two former races.
The game is the fourth in the Alien vs. Predator franchise, although it bears no relation to the other titles beyond its general concept. The player can choose to play as Alien, Predator or Colonial Marine forces.

The game had has no multiplayer. That means you can't even play against the A.I. on a map of your choosing. The game has three campaigns. Marine, Predator, Aliens. Each campaign has 7 levels if I remember right. It was a good game for its time. If you like real-time strategy games, Extinction may be somewhat good, but don't expect too much from it. The units for each race are very cool. I personally like the Hydra Predator, and the Alien Ravager.

Aside from the single-player campaign, there is the "Bestiary" a guide to the various units, including background information on their equipment and training. But like I said, there is no multiplayer or skirmish mode. I would personally play the game again, but with the money cheat, so I can use the more stronger units for my pleasure. Got this game in late 2003 on Xbox. Also was my very real-time strategy game, and I didn't knew it was a real-time strategy, because I didn't look.

Quote from: Praetorian Guard on May 13, 2017, 03:55:36 AM

The game had has no multiplayer. That means you can't even play against the A.I. on a map of your choosing. The game has three campaigns. Marine, Predator, Aliens. Each campaign has 7 levels if I remember right. It was a good game for its time. If you like real-time strategy games, Extinction may be somewhat good, but don't expect too much from it. The units for each race are very cool. I personally like the Hydra Predator, and the Alien Ravager.

Immortan Jonesy

Darkness

Darkness

It's still a fine RTS for the Alien series - I wish they'd properly port over to PC. You can still play it on a emulator though and runs pretty well. It's still on my to do list to replay at some point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed