HBO First Look - Alien: Covenant

Started by Ragonk_Force, Apr 26, 2017, 08:55:30 PM

Author
HBO First Look - Alien: Covenant (Read 71,969 times)

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2017, 04:27:36 PM
Wash your mouth out, son! #StargateForever

But yeah, I think if they ever did attempt Alien on the small screen, they'd need to do it in a more limited format with a smaller number of episodes.

Game of Thrones style series. 10 episodes, big budget. HBO only.

iain

iain

I never watch programmes like this until ive seen the movie.

Huggs

Huggs

Oh goodness yes, if they'd do an alien series I'd be all in. Lower production budgets could be easily glossed over if the series was set on (inside) a ship like the nostromo or sevastapol. Endless small Interior set options would keep things fresh, and you don't really need to show the creature that much for it to be scary. Don't know about HBO though, I'd love to see the "Vikings" crew take a swing at it, maybe AMC (absolutely excluding anyone affiliated with the walking dead, even the catering crew). FX...maybe, Sons was dark enough, but they wouldn't have the budget, well maybe, as long as they keep Kurt Sutter away. He'd give his wife the majority of screen time.

fernandito

Could anybody please translate into understandable english what Scott babbles from 0:13'5 to 0:15?

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 27, 2017, 06:11:55 PM
Could anybody please translate into understandable english what Scott babbles from 0:13'5 to 0:15?

"You know something just terrible's gonna happen."

To anybody wondering if this Special reveals too much... yeah, it definitely does. So if you want to go unspoiled, don't watch this. Full on creature design of the Xenomorph and Facehugger.

fernandito

^ Thanks. I swear that understanding what this old man speaks can sometimes feel like an act of faith, specially for a non-native english speaker

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Tangakkai on Apr 27, 2017, 07:09:49 PM
Quote from: fernandito on Apr 27, 2017, 06:11:55 PM

"You know something just terrible's gonna happen."

To anybody wondering if this Special reveals too much... yeah, it definitely does. So if you want to go unspoiled, don't watch this. Full on creature design of the Xenomorph and Facehugger.
Have you seen it, how?

Corporal Hicks

I think he means the teaser. We got some good looks in that 30 seconds alone.

echobbase79

I don't think I'll watch the HBO special. I haven't seen one in awhile, but I do remember them spoiling quite a bit. I remember one for Deep Blue Sea and it spoiled Samuel L. Jackson's death.

Corporal Hicks

Just wait until after you've seen the film?

echobbase79

Yeah, I probably will. Sometimes though I wish they'd release that stuff after the film was released. But I understand the business aspect of such a program. It's to draw in the mainstream audience.

Huggs

Huggs

Boy, the arms on the xeno are ultra thin. Must be the small transparent xeno from the empire article now grown.

Aha! Also notice the crane says "Gillespie" on the side. Proving my long held theory of a Heat of the Night/Alien crossover. "Courtney! It's headed your way...do you read me Courtney!"   ;D Seriously though, Sidney Portier would've been amazing in the original film, or at least one of the same period style and delivery. Not to play Parker's character mind you, but an original one.

Boy, the arms on the xeno are ultra thin. Must be the small transparent xeno from the empire article now grown.

Aha! Also notice the crane says "Gillespie" on the side. Proving my long held theory of a Heat of the Night/Alien crossover. "Courtney! It's headed your way...do you read me Courtney!"   ;D Seriously though, Sidney Portier would've been amazing in the original film, or at least one of the same period style and delivery. Not to play Parker's character mind you, but an original one.

Corporal Hicks

Sway

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2017, 09:46:02 AM
Really digging it if the Alien destroying CCTV is deliberate!

So who here gets HBO?

I do. Should be cool to see all the behind the scenes stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed