Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight

Started by Olde, Jun 30, 2016, 01:43:00 AM

Author
Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight (Read 31,429 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Thatguy2068

This game looks incredible just by looking at it it is a great honor that they're using HR Giger Art style.
Really hoping that this game will be great

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Here's hoping it's got something of substance underneath the aesthetic.

Corporal Hicks

Me too! There's probably a lot of expectation built up at this point too!

Is this the first actual to the day release date we've had?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2022, 06:00:11 PMIs this the first actual to the day release date we've had?

I think so, yeah.

Corporal Hicks

The game's prologue has gone out to the early backers

Nightmare Asylum

Oh hey, gameplay! Feels weird to think that, after all this time, this game is actually coming so soon.

Cosmic Incubation

Been looking forward to this game for a long time!

Can't wait to finally play it and get my Giger atmospheric itch scratched  ;D

Still Collating...

I am so excited for this! I do hope we get some story told through the worldbuilding, but I'm all in even if it is just a walking sim. I need to see those designs in a game already!

I hope it's just optimized well enough cause I heard of such issues in one of the previews...

BlueMarsalis79

Still Collating...

Finished the game. Not the longest, lite on story and and an ending that will be divisive (or disappointing) unless you think about some analysis of the stories meaning which is still very vague.

Essentially a walking sim. With sometimes frustrating puzzles and combat.

BUT

This is it. This was BEAUTIFUL! This is the true Giger aesthetic and motives and landscape we've been waiting for. Loved it just because of the atmosphere and designs. There is influence of other artists and Lovecraft which fits in perfectly. Loved the last third the most. IMO worth the money. Some images from the game will stick with me forever.... Depending on how you go, it takes 2h30min to 8h to finish. It took me 7 with slow and detailed exploration.

Covenant's architecture should've looked like this. We should've gotten this in an Alien movie, explored it more in the comics, had an Alien game with such art and style. Prometheus' clean Derelict style used in Fireteam and A:CM has no comparison to this work of art. It's even better then what little we've seen in Isolation.

I so hope they make a DLC or something, I know that there's little hope for that knowing how long it took them to make such a short game, but I just want more time in this world and to see more locations.

BlueMarsalis79

Not enough sexualised imagery

Stitch

I started playing last night, but will need a longer shot at it. Got to a puzzle that confused me and decided to go to bed after being confused for about ten minutes.

Looks great, though. Atmosphere is solid.

Still Collating...

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 15, 2022, 09:48:34 PMNot enough sexualised imagery

I'm personally satisfied with the presentation, but yeah, maybe a bit more could've been more true to Giger's work. Though I get he wasn't the only inspiration. But there's still a lot of that imagery in the murals and statues.

BlueMarsalis79

It feels extremely dead, all flesh and bones and mechanics, but the life and sex imagery's all missing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed