Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 406,938 times)

bobby brown

bobby brown

Enjoy these sweet ridleygrams.

I love how Ridley's drawing style is very Moebiusesque, very European, and appropriately Heavy Metal (The comic magazine).

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Beautiful stuff.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Got that Darwinsgirl energy.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 26, 2021, 01:18:19 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/7LkRZJGP/a2ae1c6c43c32f5a2d1c7b027c0d16f4.jpg[/url]
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 26, 2021, 01:26:28 PM
Got that Darwinsgirl energy.

I was like SO WOW'd when I saw the photo!  Great smile! Thank You!

MsBlueMarsalis79 you called that one right. ;D

I will edit one of her ALIEN lines for this post.

"How bout a little something to raise your spirits..."

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

More Lambert.

Bob Penn contact sheet:

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Publicity head shots...#2011 was a good choice.

Thanks again for posting these. As the UK casting director Mary Sellway?(doing this from memory) said in one of the features "She has unconventional looks". I also recall that they were looking for actors with distinct looks. Since your seeing the actors in a closed environment.

That is one of my grips today. I love police procedurals "Bones ,CSI...etc almost all the characters fall within a specific standard for beauty or good looks. Its not real imho.  I digress...  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Ingwar

Ingwar

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Oh yeah.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 01, 2021, 10:37:58 PM

No mention of that "source of mysterious distress transmissions" being fossilisied or super-old.

Do you know what that means ! That's right, bitches, Dallas was wrong and Engineers are CANON !

judge death

judge death

And I see teeth and tounge and eyes in that fossil, so helmet my arse. xD

windebieste

windebieste

It strongly hinges on your definition of "fossilised" as delivered in dialog by a character who does not know what he is talking about.

As the word can be associated with many varieties of preservation, it then comes down to applying the definitions that fit the best. Looking at these definitions, permineralisation, crystalisation, casting and other commonly understood methods of fossilisation require a lot of time. Let's say, 10,000 years at a minimum. Typically longer.

On the other hand, there's one other EXTREMELY significant factor that rules out such commonly appreciated means of preservation that may apply here. The sample must be buried for ANY of these processes to occur.

As the Space Jockey has NEVER been buried, everyone of these processes are instantly disqualified and eliminated.

That still leaves a number of other preservation possibilities. We can rule out bioimmuration as well for similar reasons. The Space Jockey has never been coated by another organism for this process to occur.

What remains are two very likely candidates of preservation: Desiccation and freezing. Desiccation is the drying out of a sample and freezing is, well, if you don't understand what freezing is you're at least a century behind the rest of us. lol.

Both of these are likely candidates and both can be applied to the Space Jockey; and both can be considered as "fossilised" in terms of preservation. After crashing, the dry interior of the derelict ship is an ideal place to preserve the pilot as it dries out immediately after the crash and become desiccated. Cold can also serve as a factor here.

In short, desiccation is very likely to be the cause of the pilot's preservation. It's relatively quick, too. Large animals dying in hot environments take about a week to fully dry out and take on the appearance of being dead for a lot longer than they really are.

So, what exactly is the age of the Space Jockey? It could easily be any age you care to nominate. Given the evidence provided it could easily be anything from 10,000,000yo to 10yo.

Possibly even less. 

-Windebieste.

Voodoo Magic

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: judge death on Nov 01, 2021, 11:52:06 PM
And I see teeth and tounge and eyes in that fossil, so helmet my arse. xD

Do these look like teeth and eyes to you ? And I bet it even has a tongue !

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 02, 2021, 01:30:34 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 01, 2021, 10:37:58 PM

Poor David.... :'(

Why, he died happy, knowing that one day one of his creations will face-rape one of these filthy humans

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed