Gearbox Software Talks Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by ikarop, Mar 24, 2013, 07:38:49 PM

Author
Gearbox Software Talks Aliens: Colonial Marines (Read 25,172 times)

chrisr232007

They need to really fix the friendly AI as well.

PRI. HUDSON

Pitchfraud

TheRaven

Spoiler
Community:

Gearbox:
[close]

But that's just my opinion :/
I love how awkwardly he switches to "feedback" halfway through saying "support".

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Mar 29, 2013, 11:06:14 PM
Even after the recent patches (including THE BIG ONE), and speaking from a PC perspective, the game is still in shambles. It's better, but still crap. Which, for anyone who was unfortunate to recently climb in the A:CM bandwagon, should be telling of just how bad the game was on launch day.

Existing Problems Post Patches:

* Textures are better, but much of them still look like shit (some worse than others), and nothing is on par with modern standards.

* The film grain effect is hideous (how in the hell could they think we would want THIS; let alone force it on us).

* The rain still looks god-awful.

* The Alien wall-walk mechanic is still broken and not even worth using. Which gets you killed a lot, and even more if you try to use it.

* The AI is better but still needs a lot of improvement.

* The lighting and shadowing is still terrible.

* Hit effects are still garbage.

* The animations are still garbage (especially for the Aliens).

* I HATE the stupid green mist effect for the Aliens. That should be optional at most.

* I HATE not being able to play them in 1st person. This should also be optional at most.

* That stupid ass Spitter needs to be ripped outta the game and replaced with the Runner.

* Aliens are tiny as hell. I don't think the Aliens have ever been portrayed smaller than in A:CM.

* Even at point blank range and on "Ultimate Badass" difficutly, acid splash does practically nothing to the Marines.

* That f**king stupid cocking mechanism on the M41A NEEDS to go (the technical name escapes me ATM).

* The M41A's ammo capacity is only 40. It should be 95.

* The MT's range indicator doesn't work properly.

* ALL motion blips on the MT should be white. At least on "Ultimate Badass" difficulty.

So yeah, this game is never going to be the game they said it would be. Or even the game they showed us it would be. I'm not going to even mention the campaign bullshit. Someone needs to by lynched.

They should just release the SDK and let US fix their f**king disaster. You know, by fans that actually care. Obviously Pitchfraud and his merry men can't.
I hope you posted this in the Gearbox Forums as well. Honestly everyone here needs to throw their 2 cents in because the feedback is the only tool we have to fix this game. We have all the right ideas we just need to get them to Gearbox with enough support behind them.

Grey_Yautja

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Mar 29, 2013, 11:06:14 PM
Even after the recent patches (including THE BIG ONE), and speaking from a PC perspective, the game is still in shambles. It's better, but still crap. Which, for anyone who was unfortunate to recently climb in the A:CM bandwagon, should be telling of just how bad the game was on launch day.

Existing Problems Post Patches:

* Textures are better, but much of them still look like shit (some worse than others), and nothing is on par with modern standards.

* The film grain effect is hideous (how in the hell could they think we would want THIS; let alone force it on us).

* The rain still looks god-awful.

* The Alien wall-walk mechanic is still broken and not even worth using. Which gets you killed a lot, and even more if you try to use it.

* The AI is better but still needs a lot of improvement.

* The lighting and shadowing is still terrible.

* Hit effects are still garbage.

* The animations are still garbage (especially for the Aliens).

* I HATE the stupid green mist effect for the Aliens. That should be optional at most.

* I HATE not being able to play them in 1st person. This should also be optional at most.

* That stupid ass Spitter needs to be ripped outta the game and replaced with the Runner.

* Aliens are tiny as hell. I don't think the Aliens have ever been portrayed smaller than in A:CM.

* Even at point blank range and on "Ultimate Badass" difficutly, acid splash does practically nothing to the Marines.

* That f**king stupid cocking mechanism on the M41A NEEDS to go (the technical name escapes me ATM).

* The M41A's ammo capacity is only 40. It should be 95.

* The MT's range indicator doesn't work properly.

* ALL motion blips on the MT should be white. At least on "Ultimate Badass" difficulty.

So yeah, this game is never going to be the game they said it would be. Or even the game they showed us it would be. I'm not going to even mention the campaign bullshit. Someone needs to by lynched.

They should just release the SDK and let US fix their f**king disaster. You know, by fans that actually care. Obviously Pitchfraud and his merry men can't.

This, and hundred times over if needed be.

FightFinda

I have this on ps3, and quite frankly, after reading all of your feedback on the game;  I was expecting it to be a lot worse than what it is. In fact I am loving it, both campaign and multplayer. My only gripe is that perhaps the marines are slightly too powerful in survivor and escape and the wall walk is a bit unwieldy (however I am really starting to get the hang of it, using it more often and to decent effect). I seriously doubt that a lot of you gripers have even played the current version of the game, let alone own it.

Seriously, I must thank you haters since because of all your attempts at ripping this game, I feel I am actually enjoying it more as my expectations were rock-bottom, and I got a rather nice surprise to be fair. I haven't even bought bug hunt yet! I feel I should play a bit more out of the multiplayer first just in case I become addicted to BH and never play versus again due to how much of a replica of the Aliens movie that BH on Tribute appears to be.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: FightFinda on Mar 31, 2013, 07:53:05 PM
I have this on ps3, and quite frankly, after reading all of your feedback on the game;  I was expecting it to be a lot worse than what it is. In fact I am loving it, both campaign and multplayer. My only gripe is that perhaps the marines are slightly too powerful in survivor and escape and the wall walk is a bit unwieldy (however I am really starting to get the hang of it, using it more often and to decent effect). I seriously doubt that a lot of you gripers have even played the current version of the game, let alone own it.

Seriously, I must thank you haters since because of all your attempts at ripping this game, I feel I am actually enjoying it more as my expectations were rock-bottom, and I got a rather nice surprise to be fair. I haven't even bought bug hunt yet! I feel I should play a bit more out of the multiplayer first just in case I become addicted to BH and never play versus again due to how much of a replica of the Aliens movie that BH on Tribute appears to be.

That's why you like it. You obviously had a 0 out of 10 in expectations. This was a AAA title that was promised by Gearbox to be great. It was not. Nuff said.

demonbane

Can you really justify trainwreck that is storyline?

SPECIAL FORCES

You pay and expect the new Mercedes CLS and they bring you the new luxury Lada limousine...i'm not going to try to enjoy it :)
I'm going to stay to the fact that i was completely lied.

WinterActual

He is from the UK, he may not know what Lada is.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: WinterActual on Apr 01, 2013, 12:01:59 PM
He is from the UK, he may not know what Lada is.

Latest Lada B-Series,Roadrunner edition.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed