Gearbox Software Talks Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by ikarop, Mar 24, 2013, 07:38:49 PM

Author
Gearbox Software Talks Aliens: Colonial Marines (Read 25,185 times)

ikarop

Gearbox Software has very briefly mentioned Aliens: Colonial Marines during their panel at PAX East 2013 this weekend. You can listen to what the developers had to say about the controversial game below. A brief summary of this part of the panel can be found after the cut.

According to the developer, future additions to the game will include:

• Support for Hot Fixes coming online.
  • Film grain toggle.

Bio Mech Hunter

Well, at least they've been doing something constructive with the critiques. That's a good start. The updates have been real good so far (especially for the PC version), but there's still a lot to be done and honestly, I don't believe it'll all happen purely due to the depth of the issues. Take the campaign for example, the story would need to be redone as would the campaign itself.

They screwed up horribly, but at least they're fessing up and trying to fix it. Props to them on that.

underbound

they should just redo the game entirely, recall it and give the new copy away with previous receipt and do it right.
"Oh we're fixing it" it should have been done perfectly the first time. pft six years in development

D-13

Can't even play it online.

Just stands there... "searching for game".
And I've let it search for 10mins etleast...

windebieste

Man, those Guys look sooooo humiliated.  They should be.  'ALIENS: Colonial Marines' is an absolute embarrassment to GBX, Sega and Fox.  ...and to us, the loyal fans who supported the game while it spent 6 years in development. 

We're going to add an option to remove the  film grain..?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Retarded shitcake is still a retarded shitcake.  Clearly, no intention is going to be made to embrace the significant overhaul this game requires in order to make it decent and respectable.  You blew it, GBX!  Now suck it back up.  The humiliating debacle following this title's release is infinitely more rewarding than the game itself.   Shame.  Shame on you, Pitchford.

-Windebieste.

Blacklabel

Film grain toggle!

exciting.

:P

SM

They're not applauding you Neumann...

Slaine

Slaine

LOL at 0:24 "So since the release of Aliens, the team back at Gearbox have been working non-stop listening to the suppor....*pauses*.....listening to the feedback on the forums...". Haha. Nobody in their right mind should or would continue supporting this game anymore. It's just embarrassing and insulting at this point to start fixing it all now. This game is dead.

They look demoralised.

Blacklabel

Borderlands 3 will get their morale back up, i'm sure.

TERMINATOR-SSD

.....Go to HELL you lying B@3T@RDS

Sykopathic

I liked the game the multiplayer is a blast, but that was just an utter crock of shit. They'll go on and on and on about f**king Borderlands 2 and all the shit it's getting. And this is the extent of their A:CM coverage?

They didn't address consoles at any point whatsoever.
No information on any kind of DLC, but Borderlands 2 got all kinds of coverage.

These f**king guys man...

Taxemic

No Randy, most like Aliens. Most didn't like the game you tried to make of it. There should have been an apology in there.

ShadowPred

I can't even be sad for these guys.

PRJ_since1990

I think they need to keep working hard to fix their mistakes. Campaign story is debatable, but what is really worth the effort is the multiplayer and custom options. This game needs to run smoother, with faster matchmaking and smoother controls (Alien mainly). The campaign can't be saved, considering a good portion of its cut scenes that would need to be redone. But considering there are many views on how people would have liked to watch the story play out, the only thing I personally would like to see is some of the clunky-ness addressed. I felt like the characters just moved so awkwardly, didn't help enough in firefights, and didn't sound like likeable characters. I think they tried too hard making them feel like characters from ALIENS rather than independent entities now involved in the story after the film.

JayHy17

again...no patch can save this game.   neuman, your story was shit. you're not cool dude.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed